• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Psyche-Type, the MBTI and the so-called "Function Fetish"

atlascatcher

MBTI Type
NiFe
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Of course it would frustrate me; I hope it would for most people if others were spreading falsehoods pertaining to their field. I'm not generally against what she is saying.

I'm just providing an opinion as someone feeling like there is more to it than face value. I.E. when mass amounts of "experts" provide free information (true or not true), they lose potential clients. The whole system becomes "demystified" and one no longer needs to spend $100 ($99 for marketing purposes) for "personal growth" (whether this is present in the conscious or subconscious mind of this particular group I don't know).

My question I guess would be how much does any of it really matter anyway (the various arguments in regards to what's true or isn't true about any of typology) in a field that's not generally respected in academia? They're claiming to be experts in an area that appears as nothing but a bunch of arguments over the truth/falsehoods of various theories built off the work of mostly one psychologist whose own relevance is questioned (I may be wrong here I'm only speaking out of personal experience with what I've found in my own research on typology).

And maybe these Psyche-Type people are simply trying to correct and intervene "for the better" of an academic field (as the YouTube comments suggests). Their personal stake just doesn't help their case when they're claiming to be "experts", shouting over others who also claim to be "experts".

G

garbage

Their personal stake just doesn't help their case when they're claiming to be "experts", shouting over others who also claim to be "experts".
Thus far, this is my take.

Many of their videos talk about their research and their qualifications. I look at their website and I don't find any research, nor do I see entries for their education. I see blog posts and observations, but I don't see publications. I see biographies, but I don't see credentials.

Am I missing them?

If not, I don't know what separates the folks in this group from anyone else who simply posts their own perspective. I'd take Dario and others over yet another group simply claiming expertise and having the 'real' answers.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lol, I don't know the whole background situation or debate, but on a personal level I feel like I'd get along with her. I just like the way she presents sincere concern and biting humor at once.

I'm down with what [MENTION=5578]garbage[/MENTION] said about credentials though.

Still, I don't find her attitude condescending towards laypeople or beginners, which I really appreciate. I saw the other video which was harsher towards "the forum and the cafe", but I dunno, it's a business. For some reason I'm still inclined to go easy on her.