User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 30

  1. #1
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,908

    Default INTJs in relationships

    I found this video to be interesting and pretty much true. Do the INTJs and those who have been in relationships with them agree with these things?




    Transcript in spoiler

    Last edited by highlander; 04-12-2014 at 10:08 PM.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  2. #2
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    That was pretty fucking good

  3. #3
    Iron Maiden fidelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Posts
    11,134

    Default

    I just listened to the INFJ one and overall, I'd say it's correct as well. I think though that I would hate being in a relationship with me. Seriously, it would suck!

    Will listen to this one shortly. Did you guys get cheesy early 80s exercise muzak in the background too?

  4. #4
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    Overall pretty good points but there is something extremely annoying about the over exaggerated eyebrow and head movements. I think it may be that the trying too hard to appear genuine and interesting comes across as fake and almost condescending.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  5. #5
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I just listened to the INFJ one and overall, I'd say it's correct as well. I think though that I would hate being in a relationship with me. Seriously, it would suck!

    Will listen to this one shortly. Did you guys get cheesy early 80s exercise muzak in the background too?
    I just posted the INFJ one separately in case others are interested in it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    That was pretty fucking good
    The fact that she is an INTJ might help her with the insight on them/us.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  6. #6
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I found this video to be interesting and pretty much true. Do the INTJs and those who have been in relationships with them agree with these things?
    Yes, it seems mostly true, though not much that I haven't seen elsewhere. I did like how the speaker contrasted intensity or depth of values with difficulty in handling emotions. Too many people equate F with emotion and neglect the significant values aspect of the function. I disagree, though, about INTJs being unable to process emotional opinion, especially in the context of an intimate relationship. We may have little patience with it in contexts like work where we see it has little to contribute, but will take the emotional opinions of our partners to heart, and readily do things that make them feel good, even if they have little basis in logic.

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    The fact that she is an INTJ might help her with the insight on them/us.
    I'm not sure she is an INTJ. My initial reaction (before I surfed around to find out who she is) was INFJ, and her introduction video at the Interpersonality website reinforces that estimation.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  7. #7
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    Highlander, are these your productions?

  8. #8
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Highlander, are these your productions?
    No. They're from here.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  9. #9
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I'm not sure she is an INTJ. My initial reaction (before I surfed around to find out who she is) was INFJ, and her introduction video at the Interpersonality website reinforces that estimation.
    I can see how you might think that because of her reasons for going into it.

    Focus on the communication style though. I don't believe INFJs come across as so coldly analytical. They come across as more approachable. She's so stiff, she hardly seems to move. She seems very much like an INTJ to me.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I can see how you might think that because of her reasons for going into it.

    Focus on the communication style though. I don't believe INFJs come across as so coldly analytical. They come across as more approachable. She's so stiff, she hardly seems to move. She seems very much like an INTJ to me.
    I don't see a reason she couldn't be an INFJ. I known an INFJ who can come out almost as cold as myself.
    INTJ, HSP, 1w9 or tritype 154, sx/sp

Similar Threads

  1. INTJ-ENFP relationships in Anime and Gaming
    By RandomINTP in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2015, 09:49 AM
  2. [INTJ] Calling Female INTJs - Fulfilling Relationships?
    By thescientist in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 10:40 PM
  3. [INTJ] How many of you would like to see INTJ in tears ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 12:23 AM
  4. [INTJ] INTJs in public places
    By Kalach in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 10:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO