User Tag List

View Poll Results: How do you rate this book?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • * (worst)

0 0%

0 0%

1 50.00%

0 0%
  • ***** (best)

1 50.00%
First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    What kind of advice does she give on how to spot functions? For example, I have a hard time identifying Si ... mostly because I'm still not sure I understand what it is ... and then, if I think too hard, I realize I feel that way about nearly all the functions.

Not asking you to give away all $129 worth of trade secrets here, just asking for a general overview of her methods and suggestions with perhaps a couple of abbreviated examples.
    Agreed.

Obviously this is her livelihood but some of us with limited funds might like to be enlightened as well.

Enneagram
    9w8

I am going to do it, take the course.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14
    Likes highlander liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Could you get us a cracked version?

Or video it with camera?
    No. That is unethical and wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    Vicky Jo is raking in the cash.
    I doubt it. Wouldn't think typology practitioners would be raking in a lot of cash at all. Speciality publications like this don't generally make a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I am going to do it, take the course.
    Can you post what you think here?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Can you post what you think here?
    I will be happy to. It'll be after I finish this mural project that I'm working on but I definitely intend to take the course.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

No. That is unethical and wrong.
    I don't think so.

Although I know about cost and prices.....everything is worth something and some things are worth everything (if you listen to particular individuals that is) I just can't perceive this as being worth it. It just seems like getting money for shit-all while influencing people into the world of pseudo-psychology and to me that's unethical....although a lot of people make money for little effort all the time, which isn't bad in itself from my perspective, but this is like faith-healing to me as opposed to, say, a trite app which doesn't add anything of use but also doesn't harm....unless you count those addicting micro-transaction ones...what was my point again?

In any case, she's got a finger in your arse-wallet, get her finger out your arse. But it might just be my irrational dislike of her, I'm not going to rule that out, in fact you can read all about it on my new website, but there is an entry fee.

Ok I'll go at this in a different angle, what does she provide that other tests don't? In what way can the worth of that price be translated into the worth of the course? How is what she presents different from say....buying one of innumerable books on the same topic, explaining the same things with examples that don't cost a fraction of that price? You don't have be too 'unethical' with what you reveal just give a gist like others have requested.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I don't think so.
    Yes, it is. It's stealing. Further, he runs this site. Out of anyone he would be the last person to do such a thing.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Yes, it is. It's stealing. Further, he runs this site. Out of anyone he would be the last person to do such a thing.

I don't think she would miss the money, think of it as charity towards the typology community.

I guess my moral compass is more flexible, morality can be dropped or picked up where necessary.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

A good example of Si would be when an individual can recall fact based detail with incredible accuracy which appears to be photographic memory. I worked with an attorney once who could recall an entire file he worked on to the extent that he could tell you exactly which book and page specific relevant information was located. And I am talking about the kind of information which most people would have had to take multiple notes to keep track of, it was almost as if his mind was organized like a filing cabinet and you requested a random piece of information from one of a hundred files in the cabinet and his mind flipped through the cabinets found the file flipped halfway through it and found the exact reference in a matter of seconds. It was really quite amazing (at least to me).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Ok I'll go at this in a different angle, what does she provide that other tests don't? In what way can the worth of that price be translated into the worth of the course? How is what she presents different from say....buying one of innumerable books on the same topic, explaining the same things with examples that don't cost a fraction of that price? You don't have be too 'unethical' with what you reveal just give a gist like others have requested.
    I haven't seen a book that does a good job of helping you to evaluate someone's type by how they interact with you - with multiple video examples of each cognitive function.

It doesn't seem that expensive to me for what you get. It's an 8 hour course. It is obvious that she put a lot of effort into making it and I think the content is excellent.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

I haven't seen a book that does a good job of helping you to evaluate someone's type by how they interact with you - with multiple video examples of each cognitive function.

It doesn't seem that expensive to me for what you get. It's an 8 hour course. It is obvious that she put a lot of effort into making it and I think the content is excellent.
    Is this going to appear on the praise section of her website? But OK I get it, you've done it and respected the quality, I can't really ask more than that.

Well actually I can, but pretending I can't sounds better.

- A.A. Milne.