User Tag List

View Poll Results: How do you rate this book?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • * (worst)

1 20.00%

0 0%

1 20.00%

2 40.00%
  • ***** (best)

1 20.00%
First 123 Last

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Yes of course, and these categories are properly measured by a qualified psychometrician. Mbti is not psychometrics. It is a cult based upon Carl Jung who was psychotic, failed his analysis with Sigmund Freud, adopted the Fuhrer as his father figure, abused his female patients, and became a guru of the New Age religion.
    the Myers-Briggs Type Inventory is a psychometric system.

Quote Originally Posted by iauiugu View Post
    the Myers-Briggs Type Inventory is a psychometric system.
    There is not one university in the world teaches mbti because mbti is not psychometrics, rather mbti is cult.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

What makes it a cult? It's not a closed, esoteric community; there's millions of users by choice, statistical analyses that underlie many (not most sure) of its theory. It's not taught in academies but its upper echelons do commit themselves to scientific rigor. Psychology has a behaviorialist bias that puts mbti on the defensive despite its efficacy being without question. It's not like academies are flawless commitments to the evolution of the human intellect. skyrocketing tuition costs are evidence of as much.

this is the academy.

As Dario Nardi says, academic psych assumes the mind is a black box that can only be Scientifically Studied through neuroscience, which was probably why he went in that direction with type.

out of curiosity why are you a member of a forum in which a system you consider a cult is popular

MBTI
    INFJ

Does anyone here own the book?

Looking for a rough breakdown on which type uses each of the brain regions the most, e.g. ENFJ = F7, etc.

I saw a list on another forum, only T types were mentioned though; it was the highest 4 regions for each of those 8.

From what I understand, the Judgement functions are more tied in to particular regions, whereas Perception functions associate more with particular patterns of brain activity overall.

What makes it a cult? It's not a closed, esoteric community; there's millions of users by choice, statistical analyses that underlie many (not most sure) of its theory. It's not taught in academies but its upper echelons do commit themselves to scientific rigor. Psychology has a behaviorialist bias that puts mbti on the defensive despite its efficacy being without question. It's not like academies are flawless commitments to the evolution of the human intellect. skyrocketing tuition costs are evidence of as much.

this is the academy.

As Dario Nardi says, academic psych assumes the mind is a black box that can only be Scientifically Studied through neuroscience, which was probably why he went in that direction with type.

out of curiosity why are you a member of a forum in which a system you consider a cult is popular
    I was invited to join Typology Central by the moderator, Geoff. And it is a fascinating journey to discover so many believe in astrology and mbti. It's like discovering a large group who believe the Sun goes round the Earth.

For 200,000 years we believed the Sun went round the Earth because we could see it doing this every day, and so it became part of our conventional wisdom. But only a short time ago we had people starting to say publicly that the Earth went round the Sun and some of them were burnt at the stake.

And yet we still have the same mindset defending astrology and mbti.

So I am very interested in the psychology of personal and social delusion.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I was invited to join Typology Central by the moderator, Geoff. And it is a fascinating journey to discover so many believe in astrology and mbti. It's like discovering a large group who believe the Sun goes round the Earth.

For 200,000 years we believed the Sun went round the Earth because we could see it doing this every day, and so it became part of our conventional wisdom. But only a short time ago we had people starting to say publicly that the Earth went round the Sun and some of them were burnt at the stake.

And yet we still have the same mindset defending astrology and mbti.

So I am very interested in the psychology of personal and social delusion.
    neither this nor anything you've said in response to my posts concretely states what is delusion or wrong about astrology or mbti. just focused focused mbti's forefather's reputation and compared it to isis and mythology. if you are only looking to confirm your assumptions then i guess it's fine, but if you are interested in persuading others to your more reasonable worldview then you will have to do more.

neither this nor anything you've said in response to my posts concretely states what is delusion or wrong about astrology or mbti. just focused focused mbti's forefather's reputation and compared it to isis and mythology. if you are only looking to confirm your assumptions then i guess it's fine, but if you are interested in persuading others to your more reasonable worldview then you will have to do more.
    The literate individual has a point of view (POV), and having points of view literate individuals seek to persuade others of their point of view, but members of the etribe together create a patchwork quilt with their posts. No patch contradicts another patch, rather together they create a whole quilt.

So it is the tone of each post, the structure of each post, which resonates with each other post, or it is dissonant. The posts dance with each other to an unheard melody. Can you hear it? Listen carefully and you will hear the tune, at first it sounds like the wind in the willows, but then it captivates you, and you are entranced.

You will lose your point view and become one with the noosphere, the music of the spheres, the music of the spherical Earth.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

The literate individual has a point of view (POV), and having points of view literate individuals seek to persuade others of their point of view, but members of the etribe together create a patchwork quilt with their posts. No patch contradicts another patch, rather together they create a whole quilt.

So it is the tone of each post, the structure of each post, which resonates with each other post, or it is dissonant. The posts dance with each other to an unheard melody. Can you hear it? Listen carefully and you will hear the tune, at first it sounds like the wind in the willows, but then it captivates you, and you are entranced.

You will lose your point view and become one with the noosphere, the music of the spheres, the music of the spherical Earth.
    uh sorry no i can't relate to this description. i see posts as intimations into the worldview of those who make them, lenses i overlay on my own views in other to synthesize them into a greater whole. what is flawed is discarded; contradictions are resolved; what has the greatest effect or affect is focused on.

tbh the discrepancy here seems like the metaphysical, a priori discrepancy pointed out in this video between the Ne-Si cognitive function axis (you: seeking the truth behind the multiple perspectives) an the Ni-Se axis (me: seeking the bottom line of the raw data).

Quote Originally Posted by andresimon View Post
    99% of what universities teach is cult. Have you ever taken a course in economics? How about history?
    This is simply a perversion of the word cult by someone trying to be smart.

uh sorry no i can't relate to this description. i see posts as intimations into the worldview of those who make them, lenses i overlay on my own views in other to synthesize them into a greater whole. what is flawed is discarded; contradictions are resolved; what has the greatest effect or affect is focused on.
    This is a worldview of print. It is linear and sequential, logical and teleological. Whereas as the worldview of the electronic media (emedia) is entirely different.