User Tag List

View Poll Results: How do you rate this book?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • * (worst)

0 0%

1 7.14%

0 0%

4 28.57%
  • ***** (best)

9 64.29%
First 123 Last

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Well this really helped me too.

http://personalitycafe.com/intj-arti...tion-intj.html

I guess this is the same book. Perhaps time to make a buy.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I bought it on Amazon because it was like a dollar and some change. It nailed me pretty well too. Made me slightly uncomfortable, really.

I wanted to learn about my INFP boyfriend's 'darker' side as well in order to know better how to help out, but it didn't explain that part enough in my view. Only how it can manifest and possibly see what's happening. Maybe I missed something...
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Hands down the best ESTJ description I have ever read -- and the only one where I have deeply related to every. single. sentence.

Would recommend to anyone who's interested enough in the MBTI that they'd want to read a book about it.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Ene liked this post

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

I will probably order and read a copy soon. I have found excerpts online to be very illuminating.
    Likes EJCC, Ene liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

I like the book fine, but suspect it works best for people whose enneagram type is consonant with their MBTI type. I found that I related more to the NT "in the grip" descriptions than I did to the NF "in the grip" descriptions. I think that makes some sense given my enneagram type.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    I like the book fine, but suspect it works best for people whose enneagram type is consonant with their MBTI type. I found that I related more to the NT "in the grip" descriptions than I did to the NF "in the grip" descriptions. I think that makes some sense given my enneagram type.
    I found the IxFP description VERY enneagram 9 heavy. The basic concepts apply though. I relate as much to the Ti and Ni descriptions, both in describing the grip scenarios and the general type. If I didnt know better, then besides the "J" parts about INFJs, I'd probably identify as INFJ just based on the info here.

The parts about INFPs and cleaning and organizing to de-stress as related to inferior Te was . I show more inferior sensing when it comes to ways I de-stress. I'm indulgent (food, drink, retail therapy, sleeping, etc) and/or find it soothing to stop thinking and just absorb details in the atmosphere for once.

I read something interesting on this website: The Impact of 'S-N Blindness' on the Distribution of MBTI Types Across the Enneazones
    It criticizes certain enneagram and Jungian type correlations and proposes another view.

This is what it says about INFPs:
    ....we would conjecture that INFPs that gravitate toward zone 9 are being pulled there by their inferior fourth function (thinking) which they share with ISFPs, who are also pulled there; while INFPs who gravitate toward 4 will be pulled there by their underdeveloped third function and have issues that are more similar to the INFJ's inferior sensing...
    Basically, INFP e4s tend to be quite weak on Si, as a major aspect of being e4 is weak sensing. This is not sensing as some imagine, as 4s may be asethetes and have a special connection to sensory experiences because of heightened feeling. But sensing here means being grounded in factual experience (closer to Jung's meaning), which 4s are not, instead being caught up in fantasies and distorted emotional interpretations. This may create similarities with INFP's "in the grip" secnarios with those of INFJs.

What this would mean for INFP 5s....I would guess that there would still be inferior Te insecurity over competency and harsh criticism towards oneself (and others). But while 9s may have more insecurity over being organized and logical in their thinking, I imagine INFP 5s may have more insecurity regarding meeting social protocol, almost a faux inferior Fe; aka, the way they measure up to impersonal Te standards in terms of being highly productive, energetic, and gregarious. There is also a Te valuing of Feeling which says it has its place as some sort of feminine role, and Fi (especially in a 5) doesnt really fit that. So one still experiences inferior Te as popping up to undermine, which is the main theme to me for Fi-doms - Te very directly undermines Fi, more than other types' inferiors undermine them, because of the very nature of Fi and Te thinking.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe
    Likes PerpetuallyScreaming liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

My thinking function just sucks when I'm under stress.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Like Jung used to say, sometimes two functions vie for prominence, making it hard to discern the lead function. He said the key to typing someone was to observe their inferior. That's why Naomi Quenck's book is so illuminating.
    Where did Jung say this?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I found this book to be extremely helpful. Realizing that I couldn't be anything other than inferior Se, really helped me to figure out my type.
    It isn't necessary to believe everything is true, only what is necessary. ~Kafka [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] World Wildlife Fund SO/SX 5w4 4w5 1w9 - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj Ne

I read the INTP and ENTP inferior functions, and both seemed to line up with me...
    Ti = Ne > Ni > Si > Te = Fi > Se > Fe
    5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
    Chaotic-True Neutral.

My Socionics test result: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/resul....V8bh7vuL.dpuf