• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISFP and INFJ in a romantic relationship?

cgress

MBTI Type
I?FJ
I'm just curious what others' experiences have been with (or witnessing) romantic relationships between INFJs and ISFPs? I'm an INFJ (I think) and I'm pretty sure I'm dating an ISFP. He's never taken a MBTI test (and I'm not sure he'd be comfortable doing it). He's less "artistic" than the stereotypical ISFP (from what I've read) and he loves mechanical things, so I sometimes wonder if he's an ISTP. However, he seems to love affection and doesn't fear showing it like ISTPs often do, and he has that gentle, loyal, and unassuming personality that ISFPs are supposed to have.

Anyway, we get along great 90% of the time, but I think because we're SP/NJ, I don't think he understands or can take an interest in a lot of what I think about. I usually think about larger, abstract things (literature) and people; I love trying to analyze and understand people. As an SP, though, those intellectual/mental problems don't resonate with him. It's all about making things and experiencing with all his senses, which I in turn have a hard time relating to. Plus the "go-with-the-flow" lack of planning drives me insane sometimes...

So, observations would be great!