User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    I liked this observation by Christian Bale:

Nice little summation of what makes ISTPs so cool and friendly, and yet ever-so-slightly unnerving at the same time.

p.s.

Christopher Walken
    Keanu Reeves
    Tom Cruise
    Brad Pitt
    David Fincher
    Kevin Spacey
    Of the above, only Cruise and possibly Fincher are ISTPs. I am completely unfamiliar with Fincher, so I can't comment.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    Cruise is an ISTP.
    Day-Lewis is an INFP.

Cruise is too close-minded to be an ISTP. His heavy participation in Scientology is automatic disqualification. You'll never find an ISTP jumping up and down on Oprah's couch....unless it needed to be fixed by that action.

Besides the history os personal ISTP behaviors, Day-Lewis's approach to acting (method) is also STP. He researches his characters obsessively...by sensory means...it's more problem solving. There's little of the idealist in Day-Lewis's actual life.

But I understand that many confuse the actual persons of actors with the characters they play.

Quote Originally Posted by McRumi View Post
    Cruise is too close-minded to be an ISTP. His heavy participation in Scientology is automatic disqualification. You'll never find an ISTP jumping up and down on Oprah's couch....unless it needed to be fixed by that action.

Besides the history os personal ISTP behaviors, Day-Lewis's approach to acting (method) is also STP. He researches his characters obsessively...by sensory means...it's more problem solving. There's little of the idealist in Day-Lewis's actual life.

But I understand that many confuse the actual persons of actors with the characters they play.
    When I have more time I'll post some interviews. The contrast between ISTP Cruise and INFP DD-L is...a vast chasm...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I wrote a long post on why I think Tom Cruise IS NOT an ISTP

I think he's an INFJ and there are several interviews out there that seem
    to show the xNFx part pretty clearly well at least to me.

Tom Cruise isn't like any ISTP I've ever known or seen. He owns multiple motorcycles and has yet to take a wrench to one.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    When I have more time I'll post some interviews. The contrast between ISTP Cruise and INFP DD-L is...a vast chasm...
    Look to how they actually live/work. Much more revealing.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    He owns multiple motorcycles and has yet to take a wrench to one.

LOL. I wouldn't call that definitive...after all, the ISTP's tool dexterity/problem solving is usually linked to need/crisis. When an ISTP has that much money (which they rarely do), they'd hire a mechanic. Remember, ISTPs are a force of nature when roused by some crisis...otherwise, legendary couch potatoes....rest/intense action/rest/intense action. That's why ISTPs usually keep themselves in relative financial need...makes life much more unpredictable and interesting.

Look to how they actually live/work. Much more revealing.
    That may be true, but it's far less easily accessed/more subject to interpretive bias.

Ideally, the more information the better...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

LOL. I wouldn't call that definitive...after all, the ISTP's tool dexterity/problem solving is usually linked to need/crisis. When an ISTP has that much money (which they rarely do), they'd hire a mechanic. Remember, ISTPs are a force of nature when roused by some crisis...otherwise, legendary couch potatoes....rest/intense action/rest/intense action. That's why ISTPs usually keep themselves in relative financial need...makes life much more unpredictable and interesting.
    I'd call it definitive for the folks I know. Even with lots of money, or an excellent income I/they still have a need to work with one's hands on something. For the sensory pleasure of actively doing, or for the social aspect of doing a bit of a project with a friend.

If ISTP's are couch potatoes then I've surely mis-typed.

MBTI
    INTP

I can certainly afford a new VCR, but that doesn't stop me from fixing the old one.

My natural inclination is to fix, or attempt to fix. I only get outside assistance when I think I don't have the tools or the time to fix it myself.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

The posterboy
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn