• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTP - More Famous People or Celberities

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Surprisingly I've seen actress Grace Kelly classified as ISTP. I've read a bit about her and I agree with at least the IST - part. She was a real wild-woman underneath her cool as ice exterior (which BTW was mostly manufactured by the studios she worked for).

Really? Interesting.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Wild fiddler Ashley MacIsaac is certainly ISTP.

lilikoi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6?
What about Dean Moriarty from Kerouac's On The Road? I just read it and thought he might be ISTP. Not sure if fictional characters count...

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Keneau Reeves

Fecal McAngry

IMHO:

Marvelous Marvin Hagler
Clint Eastwood
Bruce Springsteen
Steve McQueen
Bernard "The Executioner" Hopkins
Burt Reynolds
Sharon Stone
Trent Reznor
Mick Jagger
Chris Evert
Tom "Gay Homosexual Cult Member Freak" Cruise
Teddy Atlas
Steve Ovett
Ben Johnson (the sprinter, not the playwright)
Eminem

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
IMHO:

Marvelous Marvin Hagler
Clint Eastwood
Bruce Springsteen
Steve McQueen
Burt Reynolds
Sharon Stone
Trent Reznor
Mick Jagger
Chris Evert
Teddy Atlas
Steve Ovett
Eminem

See, I really think Eminem is an Fi user.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
See, I really think Eminem is an Fi user.

Lots of people perceive that aspect in his lyrics. However, observing interviews and other more informal media...present a contrasting picture?

His verbal communications are at least in my perseption strong ST.

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
James Dean.

Also, Marlon Brando in The Wild One is a perfect example.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IMHO:

Marvelous Marvin Hagler
Clint Eastwood
Bruce Springsteen
Steve McQueen
Burt Reynolds
Sharon Stone
Trent Reznor
Mick Jagger
Chris Evert
Teddy Atlas
Steve Ovett
Eminem

Tom Cruise likes and owns motorcycles, and planes but I have serious doubts about his being accurately typed as ISTP. Even though he's commonly listed by people who are more informed than I and "academic" on the subject.

They say he's an Introvert which I buy, in that many actors and famous orators and world leaders are introverts...so I won't dispute that thought.

I think he's an N...a capital N. Notice how he leaps around from topic to topic without any prompting or lead ins from the interviewer.

YouTube - Crazy Ole' Tom Cruise on the Today Show

I also think he's an F. He doesn't communicate on the topics he's free form flowing on as a T would? There are no concrete examples, he just conveys that he Feels strongly about what he knows.

I'd also guess that he's a J. Although that seems to be more difficult to pin down from a distance.

Further,

1. He likes to brag about his planes, bikes, houses, trips, etc to people around him. An ISTP is highly unlikely to engage in that type of behavior, most ISTP's I've ever known appreciate and like to share our toys in a differing context.

2. Scientology? wtf!? It's rare to meet an ISTP that embraces anything other than some personal thoughts and a curious disdain for rigid religiousity.
I'd describe most ISTP pursuits in that arena as purely accepting of others and Zen...well after maturity post early twenties is reached. Please pipe up someone if you see it differently for yourself, or in observing others.

3. He has all those toys but doesn't work on them himself? Doesn't even lift a wrench? wtf? Unless I've missed something in my query.

4. An ISTP would be curious or not curious about psychology, one might critisize the mental health system as being the mental disorder system But I doubt an ISTP would dismiss the entire field as being bunk.

5. "The hair"

So, I'd say that Tom Cruise has played a lot of ISTP roles in movies. But IMHO that's about the extent of it.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
when did ISTPs start using massive amounts of boner-inducing Fi?

Since the moment we noticed our ESTP brethern had successfully tested out a more evolved strategy in getting laid. :hi:

VagrantFarce

I liked this observation by Christian Bale:

"[Bale and I] talked about how Martian-like Patrick Bateman was, how he was looking at the world like somebody from another planet, watching what people did and trying to work out the right way to behave," she said about developing the character. "And then one day [Bale] called me and he had been watching Tom Cruise on David Letterman, and he just had this very intense friendliness with nothing behind the eyes, and he was really taken with this energy."

Read more: Christian Bale's American Psycho Inspiration was Tom Cruise | WorstPreviews.com

Nice little summation of what makes ISTPs so cool and friendly, and yet ever-so-slightly unnerving at the same time. :huh:

p.s.

Christopher Walken
Keanu Reeves
Tom Cruise
Brad Pitt
David Fincher
Kevin Spacey

p.p.s. How about John Doe from Se7en as a great example of an unhealthy ISTP? "You can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore, you have to hit them with a sledgehammer."

[youtube=MUIpgiPBk5k]Oh God The Spoilers[/youtube]

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
People are always confusing actors with their screen roles. So most of these celebrity typologies are way off base. Esp the infamous Tom Cruise...who is no ISTP.

Daniel Day Lewis on the other hand is a classic ISTP...in his personal life.

VagrantFarce

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Cruise is an INTJ.
And yes, Daniel Day Lewis exhibits all the classic ISTP traits in his personal life. Trouble-making youth who hated school and later trained to be a cabinet maker...and has returned to that craft in the past few years.

Fecal McAngry

Cruise is an INTJ.
And yes, Daniel Day Lewis exhibits all the classic ISTP traits in his personal life. Trouble-making youth who hated school and later trained to be a cabinet maker...and has returned to that craft in the past few years.
Cruise is an ISTP.
Day-Lewis is an INFP.