User Tag List

123 Last

Default intp and isfp relationships

Hello

Anyone experienced an INTP-ISFP relationship? Can it work at all? I know a couple that have split up all cuz the ISFP was dissatisfied with the INTP. No matter how hard he tried to save the relationship, even by simply saying "i love you", she responds negatively and ignores resolving a conflict.

Do you know anything about these kinds of relationship? What's the best course of action- should they be advised to continue the relationship or not bother?

-PB.

beyondaurora

I haven't experienced this relationship, but I'd like to recommend a book which you can view at:Amazon.com: Just Your Type: Create the Relationship You've Always Wanted Using the Secrets of Personality Type: Paul D. Tieger, Barbara Barron-Tieger: Books.

If you "search inside this book" and search "ISFP INTP" you'll get two pages of information on the dynamics of an ISFP-INTP relationship.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by passingby View Post
    Hello

Anyone experienced an INTP-ISFP relationship? Can it work at all? I know a couple that have split up all cuz the ISFP was dissatisfied with the INTP. No matter how hard he tried to save the relationship, even by simply saying "i love you", she responds negatively and ignores resolving a conflict.

Do you know anything about these kinds of relationship? What's the best course of action- should they be advised to continue the relationship or not bother?
    LOL!!!!!

Look at this topic I just started, please.

This was exactly my point.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    type

What's your question, exactly? Because there have doubtlessly been quality matches with every combo you can imagine. If you're asking if INTP-ISFP is the blue ribbon of compatability, I'll say "No."

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

My last boyfriend was an ISFP. We got on well at first, but (for me) the relationship fizzled out pretty soon. Our face-to-face communication was poor for one thing. When it came to deciding on what to do when we went out, we could never decide because both of us "didn't mind" what the activity was going to be. And thanks to him, I now detest words of affirmation, and e-hugs.

Honestly. The occasional "Wow, you're so awesome ^^ I'm soooo glad you're my girlfriend *hug*" was all very well, but saying it over and over with no justification soon became irritating. I sometimes wondered whether he had it on copy + paste.

He was also too needy for me. I needed my space, and sometimes when I would forgot to take my phone with me when I went out I would return to 5+ text messages. When having an IM conversation, he would assume I didn't reply to any of them because of "something he did."

So if you're an ISFP and wish to enter a relationship with an INTP, keep the compliments to a minimum and don't take it personally when you don't hear from them for a day (or more).

Strangely though, I'm with an ISFJ now and we get on fine, despite the distance. Despite having almost completely different functions, we seem in-synch. It's strange, but lovely.
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    Honestly. The occasional "Wow, you're so awesome ^^ I'm soooo glad you're my girlfriend *hug*" was all very well, but saying it over and over with no justification soon became irritating. I sometimes wondered whether he had it on copy + paste.

He was also too needy for me. I needed my space, and sometimes when I would forgot to take my phone with me when I went out I would return to 5+ text messages. When having an IM conversation, he would assume I didn't reply to any of them because of "something he did."
    To be fair, not all ISFPs are like this, and this is a type that is known for being reserved, not effusive. The one I know best will show her appreciation through actions and taking care of you rather than words. And she definitely loves her space. I admire her individuality (def. made and marches to her own drum) and her appreciation for art and nature.
    That guy you dated sounds like a disaster of a dude I knew briefly, and he was definitely not ISFP. Sooo exhausting. You sure about his type?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

I remember puzzling over his type, narrowing him down to an ISXP and eventually sent him a link to that generic online test. He scored as ISFP. Apprantly the profile fit really well, but I suppose he was just being polite. What was the disaster typed as, if you don't mind me asking?
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    intp

ENFP. He wore me out. And not in a good way. Sweet dood, though.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Aww. I'm not sure this guy was an ENFP though. My biology buddy is one, and he's lovely. A bit immature, though. I doubt anyone has laughed at the word "phagocytosis" as much as him... he loves to laugh.
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    intp

So does my ISFP.

TO answer the question: I like ISFPs, but it would seem less than optimal unless the INTP has developed his/her Fe so to not hurt or shock the ISFP with the typical bluntness, coldness, and tendency to individualism at the expense of cohesion. etc.
    hoarding time and space