User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by bloodyfungus View Post
    ...By tricky start - I'm meaning the very typical ISFP "touchy-feely" and the "500-texts-per-day" which i found extremely difficult at first..
    Um, not really very typical ISFP... or even typical ISFP.

If someone I'd date would send me more than 10 messages a day, I'd start to think he's invading my privacy. Lol. Yes, I like my space. Hence why I don't send someone many messages a day. I don't even do it with let's say BBBBFFFFF's. It's not something that's on "automatic" for me. If sometimes there would be nice fuzzy funny or surprising messages sent, I'd be fond of it though. It would be refreshing and sweet.

I suppose I like variety in affection, just not every day all the time...
    in my language: *invasion + monotone stuff = no air* :rolleyes2:

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JRT View Post
    Oh snap an ISFP sending 500 texts a day? I'm an ISFP and I send like 5 if that
    Up to 5 a day :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Up to 5 a day :eek:
    5 is a big number.

I send one if I get one.

This is a fun thread!

I will say this -- my INTJ brother's fiance is INTP and we get along great (but then we're not dating!).

We might get along partly because
    a) my INTJ holds me in high esteem and can influence the INTP(?)
    b) we both have individual clothing styles and admire each other for them.
    c) she (the INTP) is HILARIOUS and we always joke together (well, I joke with my INTJ brother and she joins in)

However, the only thing offensive about her is that sometimes out of nowhere she will start comically talking about sex, but in terms of MY BROTHER. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! At that point, I cover my ears and say something like, "Never again, don't say that ever again, never again..."

And I tell my brother, right in front of her: "Please explain to Ada (INTP) that you don't talk about that stuff in front of family." But of course I have to laugh at the same time.
    She seems unphased and just chuckles to herself at this point, not understanding why a sister wouldn't want to hear about her brother sexually... ew.

Anyway, I think that I would have trouble living with her because she seems picky about everything she wants to do or eat or whatever. I can spend like three hours making them a special breakfast when they visit, and she will be like, "Oh that's ok. I have to make oaties [her word for oatmeal, ;-)]."

!!!

Hehe...

One more thing, about ISFPs and texting:

I don't text much, and if I'm with someone, I typically control the impulse to text them all day (if I even have it)...

I think a lot of maybe unhealthy or immature F types would text effusively... it's not an ISFP thing.

And the complimenting:

When my ISFJ and I were first together, after a time, he asked me not to compliment him so often. He said it made him a little uncomfortable.

But so y'all know, from an ISFP point of view, here is what happens: You all of a sudden realize you're with this great person and you're so pleased by and happy with the situation you just have to tell them how great they are. It's not automatic or fake... you just keep realizing stuff, over and over. That's because ISFPs don't carry around a big-picture understanding of this. They are focused on the moment often enough and so when they see said love-interest, their delight is renewed.

If you see it this way, how can you NOT love when we compliment you?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by passingby View Post
    Hello

Anyone experienced an INTP-ISFP relationship? Can it work at all? I know a couple that have split up all cuz the ISFP was dissatisfied with the INTP. No matter how hard he tried to save the relationship, even by simply saying "i love you", she responds negatively and ignores resolving a conflict.

Do you know anything about these kinds of relationship? What's the best course of action- should they be advised to continue the relationship or not bother?

-PB.
    INTPs (and INTJs) are like this. If we know a relationship would hurt us or would not satisfy us emotionally, we will never look back no matter how hard someone would try to reach out to us.

MBTI
    intj

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    My last boyfriend was an ISFP. We got on well at first, but (for me) the relationship fizzled out pretty soon. Our face-to-face communication was poor for one thing. When it came to deciding on what to do when we went out, we could never decide because both of us "didn't mind" what the activity was going to be. And thanks to him, I now detest words of affirmation, and e-hugs.

Honestly. The occasional "Wow, you're so awesome ^^ I'm soooo glad you're my girlfriend *hug*" was all very well, but saying it over and over with no justification soon became irritating. I sometimes wondered whether he had it on copy + paste.

He was also too needy for me. I needed my space, and sometimes when I would forgot to take my phone with me when I went out I would return to 5+ text messages. When having an IM conversation, he would assume I didn't reply to any of them because of "something he did."

So if you're an ISFP and wish to enter a relationship with an INTP, keep the compliments to a minimum and don't take it personally when you don't hear from them for a day (or more).

Strangely though, I'm with an ISFJ now and we get on fine, despite the distance. Despite having almost completely different functions, we seem in-synch. It's strange, but lovely.

when my current isfp typed in the following in our instant messages: smileys and : ; and the Yahoo IM equivalent of and then he would type out the word in all caps: SMILE! .....

I felt WAVES of nausea.

I would respond by typing: "You FEELER!"
    He didn't realize this was the height of insult...

well, why would he?
    ...he was a feeler...

I guess I was unwittingly egging him on...eh gads! He not only kept it up...he increased it...so don't follow my strategy. They do NOT take insult at being called a Feeler as I would! I would be horrified!

Well, lucky for him...we have other things going for us...we seem to have a real connection, he loves my sense of humor...I love so many, many things about him...truly I do...he is stable, sincere, wise, virtuous, reliable, steady and has great energy...and he is quiet...i simply cannot abide a yakker...and I need a man who won't run around because I am way too easy to run around on...I tune out most of the time...I am pretty innocent and trusting and I don't run around at all...maybe a little cyber flirting but you will never get me out of my apartment to actually act on it...i wouldn't anyway...not while in a relationship.

Rather than make him stop it, all those insidious smiling and heart things, I have forced myself to reinterpret that horrid stuff as sexual come-ons...which always works for an intp.

I also take note of what makes him do that so it does show me the key to his heart...which is good to know.

I also told myself that he isn't going to score any hot chicks with that Mr. Rogers Neighborhood crap so don't tip him off...lol...I am so evil...a true intp...he is all mine until i am done with him...hehehehe...let him shoot himself in the foot if he ever decides to play around on the internet behind my back...lololololo...only an 8 year old or another isfp will go for it...no threat there.

I guess he is
    1. just trying to use something as "impersonal" as IM and let me know when he is having
    a. an emotion or
    b. an affect (a smile), or

2. when one of his sentences "reads" too clinically or harsh and he wants to soften it with a "smile".

So, I do get it...because he NEVER wants to offend or hurt...which is
    really a GREAT quality...something I have NEVER been known for

Anyway...I have been patient and we are finding a real connection...he has a hot (though maybe not kinky...darn!) romantic side and I have lots to learn about being nice (understatement of the millennium). Anyway...he is a babe...so there is no rush to dump this one. We are holding off sex as I always do...so we will see what happens...

He seems to know more about me than I know myself when it comes to reading my body language...I love hearing him decode me to me. And, he is easy to take care of...feed, entertain, read to, spend time with...neither of us leave our cell ringers on, pick up calls from others, do the call waiting thing, allow interruptions, over schedule (schedule for that matter), rush, or control the other. He helps me sort through boxes of junk/paperwork and toss it very patiently. He soaks in my lavish and sincere praise. He appreciates the intent and tenacity with which I explore and attempt to understand his personality...loves this 1:1 attention and focus.

He is sweet and he thinks I am unique. That is true about each of us. That is all I have to say for now.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    One more thing, about ISFPs and texting:

I don't text much, and if I'm with someone, I typically control the impulse to text them all day (if I even have it)...

I think a lot of maybe unhealthy or immature F types would text effusively... it's not an ISFP thing.

And the complimenting:

When my ISFJ and I were first together, after a time, he asked me not to compliment him so often. He said it made him a little uncomfortable.

But so y'all know, from an ISFP point of view, here is what happens: You all of a sudden realize you're with this great person and you're so pleased by and happy with the situation you just have to tell them how great they are. It's not automatic or fake... you just keep realizing stuff, over and over. That's because ISFPs don't carry around a big-picture understanding of this. They are focused on the moment often enough and so when they see said love-interest, their delight is renewed.

If you see it this way, how can you NOT love when we compliment you?

As an intp I cannot take e-hugs, "smilies", commands for me to "SMILE" (makes me irate) or generic complements. However, as a girl with a high sex drive, I love texts, emails and im's from my boyfriend and specific complements...and sexy ones...and erotic e-cards...please...no cartoons or bear hug cards...

I get lovesick like any girl does...I have to restrain myself from overdoing the im's, emails and texts...my isfp and I text/im and email as often as possible...and he is indian and is now in india during monsoon season...electricity is often off for the whole village...so we are out of touch...when it comes back on after a few days we communicate constantly...it has made us desperate for each other...i think it may be an I/P thing...the p lacks self control and the "i" has limited social outlets and pours him/herself into the object of their love. IXXP's are probably the text-addicts...or maybe the IXFP males and IXXP females...just my guesses...your message made me think about this...so I haven't had this idea for long...lolololo...an intp only needs a hint and a few seconds to spin a new theory....