• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] istp women

betterthandead

MBTI Type
ENFP
despite the myths of "thinker" women making them more adaptable to "straight shooting talk" they are still women and are familiar with dating rituals like other women. i'm really an enfp. don't tell anyone at all. i dated an istp women once, and lets just say i would do the "hey lets go hang out at this place" giving her a couple days in advance. then she cancels out on me. and I would do the same the next week, expecting her to cancel, which she does a couple hours. then I just mind my own business and then a couple weeks later, i say something funny and she asks me to go hang out with her. And she expects me to really dig into her. Weird, I don't really like that kind of deal.

what's up with you istp women? most of you are really non-chalant and go with the flow way too much. what do you find attractive in a dating partner? istp men and women are very different.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that ISTP men and women can be very similar, it all depends i guess how much the ISTP woman has had what could be termed masculine traits suppressed by others as she was growing up.
But then my ENTJ mother did absolutely everything she could to suppress all my ISTP traits when i was younger and it just pushed me further to them. I liked playing games with her.

As for the woman you are talking about:
i would imagine she wanted it on her terms. She probably wasn't that into you the times she cancelled on you. Or she had a better offer of something to do. But she would probably have little or no comprehension that she had hurt you by cancelling on you. And she would see absolutely no reason why you would hold a grudge against her for this when she did want to see you a couple of weeks later. Its entirely possible that on one particular day she really wasnt that into you, and then the next day she found you funny, decided she liked you and wanted to spend time with you.

I have to say that the characteristics that really grate on me in a partner are NF. All these feelings and looking too much to the future and not seeing details really drive me mad. But maybe thats just me personally and not necessarily an ISTP thing.
I do prefer to surround myself with Ts. I have very few F friends. (probably because my nonchalence pisses them off)
I did have a long term relationship with an ENFJ. It was definitely the NF clashing with the ISTP that broke us in the end.
Anyway, if you want to date an ISTP woman, you will need to be fairly flexible to her and don't take things personally. And really don't go being annoyed about something that happened 3 weeks ago. She will be so over whatever happened 3 hours ago. So take her for what she is. She's not likely to want too much out of the relationship, and if you overcomplicate things it will scare her off!

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
despite the myths of "thinker" women making them more adaptable to "straight shooting talk" they are still women and are familiar with dating rituals like other women

Also i think that Thinker women, in particular ISTP women are very adaptable to straight shooting talk.
I think if you look hard enough, they will be very similar to ISTP men, although on the surface they may appear different.

istpunk

MBTI Type
istp
I disagree, depends on subtype interactions too. There are differences in male and female as well. You can guess what type I am if you read my words. Female Istps will tend to open up more than male istps, ONLY if you are talking to them directly however vice versa the male istp will probably not reveal as much. The male istp will more than likely be proud of showing off their skills but not the female one.

Logical subtype prefers to be around someone who is more emotionally verbal/supportive. They tend to look messier and appear extroverted when speaking. They tend to be much more business like, academically inclined, intellactually prone, more tricksterish. Their language use is rough and critical. They prefer the outdoors than the streets.

Sensory subtype which is what lauraanna is would be better matched with someone who is more physically emotional/touchy. They tend to look neater, more attractive, more in tune with physical appearance. They also tend to be more likely to be drug users, alcohol abusers, tattoo wearers, bisexual, motorcyclists, doing dangerous things. Their language use is fluidic and much less critical. They prefer the streets than outdoors.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sensory subtype which is what lauraanna is would be better matched with someone who is more physically emotional/touchy. They tend to look neater, more attractive, more in tune with physical appearance. They also tend to be more likely to be drug users, alcohol abusers, tattoo wearers, bisexual, motorcyclists, doing dangerous things. Their language use is fluidic and much less critical. They prefer the streets than outdoors.

more attractive- check:newwink:
in tune with physical appearance- check:yes:
Drug user- maybe in the past....:doh:
alcohol abuser- Well i'm not an alcoholic but i'm certainly not averse to a little light binge drinking on a weekend:smile:
Tattoos- check:yes:
bisexual- check:yes:
motorcyclist- not yet but i want one!:devil:
dangerous things- check:yes:
Language-fluidic and less critical... probably:yes:
Prefer the streets than outdoor- prefer both really.
Oh god... i sound like the typical ISTP delinquent....

So thanks for that ISTPunk! Very interesting. You clearly know me too well already. Can you explain a bit about the sub-types? i guess a sensory subtype means i have a very strong S?
And is there a male/female divide between logical subtype and sensory subtype?
I am assuming i am coming across more like an ISTP male and therefore may not be a typical example of an ISTP female?

istpunk

MBTI Type
istp
Not really, I've met female sensor and logical subtypes. I've even dated both of them too. Only similarities are the behavior, but appearance and values are different.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've met an 18 years old ISTP girl. She's a quiet and very nice people, although a little gruff and shy at the first contact. She's a tomboyish girl who don't use make up and wears only sportswears, likes have fun, have a good physical structure and is a confirmed player of rugby. She sings with a pretty voice. She's even at lycée, but to the next year, she's not attracted by the theorical and without clear structure education given in french univesitys, she prefers go in a short and practical formation to become a technician in technical/scientifical domain like electrotechnic.