User Tag List

First 12

Thread: INTJs and ISTPs

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I am deeply attracted to both of these types, but for some reason cannot imagine these two types jelling, especially in the romantic sense.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

hmm... I couldn't do it.

MBTI
    INTP

^ Depends on the person. I know a couple of INTJs who I think are reasonable, and a few others who are absolutely crazy. I think it's related to the level of J-ism, relative to my P-ness.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    ^ Depends on the person. I know a couple of INTJs who I think are reasonable, and a few others who are absolutely crazy. I think it's related to the level of J-ism, relative to my P-ness.
    That's exactly what I mean.

I wouldn't be able to sleep at night in fear they'd attempt to turn me into a robot. :eek:

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Famous ISTP/INTJ couples?

EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Thank you Aphrodite. I hope you find your Spock. ; D

SillySapienne, I have to admit that intimacy in the beginning was a bit awkward because it took some time for us to really open up and trust each other, but once we did, it was incredible! ISTPs show their love through action and INTJs . . . well we like to search for complete mastery of the things that interest us . . . so it's always evolving. Many ENFPs I know seem to need a lot of affirmation from their mates. I had to learn early on that my ISTP was best at telling me he loved me by watching movies and squeezing my shoulders when the romantic lead told his woman he loved her. Now he's more comfortable with articulating his love for me because I didn't push him to do it. I also know that when he says it . . . he REALLY means it!

Oh, and Speed! My ISTP man and I both LOVE Stargate! Has anyone typed John Crichton and Aeryn Sun of Farscape? LOL!

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    hmm... I couldn't do it.
    I'm friends with an INTJ and I'd go nuts with him around all of the time. We have stupid arguments and he thinks I'm pedantic. Of course Ns get the better of me when they spin something around in circles and I lose sight of the original point. My ENTP friend does the same thing. The INTJ is also quite the elitist and that drives me absolutely crazy. I don't know what it is about them, but the Ns I know are cool friends but I'd never want to date them. The closest would be my eNFP friend, but even he is a little out there.

I know it sounds like I'm ragging on the Ns, but I just mean romantically. You guys are generally pretty awesome friends
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    I

Of course Ns get the better of me when they spin something around in circles and I lose sight of the original point.

I just realized why my husband is always saying, "The POINT is . . . " Haha!

I know it sounds like I'm ragging on the Ns, but I just mean romantically. You guys are generally pretty awesome friends
    We have also realized that had we met many years earlier we would have most likely not been attracted to each other at all . . . It took me a long time to realize that what I was looking for in a man was courage and the acceptance to be myself.
    Last edited by Windigo; 12-29-2009 at 02:32 PM.

MBTI
    nnnn

Somehow the type appeals to me. Maybe because they seem to roll with the Ni punches.