User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

an ENFJ has repeatedly asked/told me not to be 'cryptic' and hence I'm thinking its likely not a case of the presence of the N (both have it) but rather more likely the the combination of the Ne with a leading Ti combination preference.

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't think i ever take anything at face value. I trust my intuition too much for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

INTP... I think not.

MBTI
    ENTP

Ni is badass.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

INTP... I think not.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Fuent View Post
    Ni is badass.
    Take a sip of Si.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer View Post
    an ENFJ has repeatedly asked/told me not to be 'cryptic' and hence I'm thinking its likely not a case of the presence of the N (both have it) but rather more likely the the combination of the Ne with a leading Ti combination preference.
    This makes sense to me.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    Take a sip of Si.
    Yeah i think i'll pass.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

INTP... I think not.

MBTI
    ISTP

I wish I'd seen this thread a year ago!

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryPenguin View Post
    I can't argue with that at all, but, I do make it a point to try and express myself as clearly as I am able. I suppose any expectation that I have of anyone else is ultimately my own fault and I should take what I get and like it.
    I second that. I can't agree more, in fact. And I purposely expect nothing from anyone for a really long time, and if they come out ahead it's all the better!

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Oh, here's another question for SPs that I'm interested in learning more about. Are you incapable of reading into what people say or are you just unwilling to do so?
    I'd say incapable most of the time. It really does take me forever to pick up on anything. Like others have said, once it happens enough times I might pick up on it...and then I might care enough to do something (or not, just depends on the mood I'm in).

What about hurt feelings? Is that an issue? Sometimes when I'm dealing with SFPs and SFJs who, like you, don't like to search through lots of unspoken communication, I worry about hurting their feelings. Sometimes when people want me to be more direct, it almost seems like that is not what they want at all if the direct statement is unkind.
    There is no room for hurt feelings. If you want an answer, I'm going to give it to you. There have been multiple times when I know my answer is going to hurt someone's feelings and I tell them something like "You're not going to like what I have to say about that." followed by their "no, really, I want to know"...and an "Are you sure? This is your chance to take it back." "yes" "Ok!..." They inevitably don't like my answer, but I gave them a fair warning and the cold hard truth. If their feelings are hurt at that point I probably don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    i've never really realized that reading into things can be so annoying to some people. i thought it was a preference and nothing more. do you guys think it'll be wiser to be more straight up around S's then? would that put them more at ease?
    My eNFP friend who talks MBTI with me explained how he'd try to read into EVERYTHING I did and it was the most foreign concept to me!! I don't read into much of anything at all...and there he was trying to make something of what I did. I was like "duuuuude, it's just stuff, for reals, yo, true story." And I think he'd try to read into that too.

He wasn't annoying about it at all, tho. It was way more interesting to me that someone would think like that! It seems like that takes a LOT of effort! And for me it does. However, it's REALLY nice when people don't expect me to read into anything. At some point when I get to know people, my density comes up and I'll say "uh, yeah, no clues plz, just say it, kthx"
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

Quote Originally Posted by Fuent View Post
    Ni is badass.
    It is a blessing and a curse. All in one.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    I wish I'd seen this thread a year ago!
    Don't worry. Bumping one of my threads is always a good thing.

Although it did remind me that I miss Sarah.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    IXFP

Oh, here's another question for SPs that I'm interested in learning more about. Are you incapable of reading into what people say or are you just unwilling to do so?
    Personally I'm both, but my N side is probably doing all the reading into thing if I ever find myself doing it. I feel like a jerk for doing it so I stop myself.

I think ISFP generally are incapable of doing such a thing. ISFP accepts that EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT! The information collected in the past about people who are somewhat similar to the person you are getting to know is irrelevant. That is why ISFPs takes things at face value.

Also as being part ISFP I want to live in a world where there are no masks, lies or hidden agendas. If I want to create honest and open relationships with the people around me, I have to be the one that takes the first step toward it. Going around reading between lines and passing incorrect judgments are going to make people uncomfortable. If people are uncomfortable around me I won't be able to create the ideal relationships that I want.