User Tag List

First 8910

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    Amen, bro.

And I usually read signals the wrong way. I have a couple of friends I go to when I need help! One is ESTP (he knows most of my friends and is better at reading them), the other is INTJ (altho he thinks he has more feelings than I think he does - he's tested as both F and T) and the 3rd was INTP in high school, but has since changed to be more J. Once I gather opinions I'm ok! They usually think of stuff I never would have thought of...and they tend to be right more often than I am. Yay for friend advisors!
    There you go!

I mean, I'm really good within a certain context, usually surface level emotions and stuff or thoughts and feelings that are being expressed at that moment, but when it gets too deep and sometimes too subtle I can get lost. Usually just the more complex entangled emotions people deal with that don't have realistic relevance.

I think the situation with the girl I was interested in was just complicated. There are alot of really confusing girls out there. That one in particular does seem pretty complex.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I find myself taking a lot of things at face value. It seems to lead to open-mindedness I think. Sometimes I think that if I didn't take so many things at face value, then I wouldn't be as open as I am. When I realize something's true value (it's just this..or it's simply that..nothing more) it saves a lot of fuss.
    Yep! Totally agreed. I don't believe in objective knowledge, like something transcendent that can be applied to every situation. Each and every situation is different. You can measure a trait coming from a common source, but to say that you have objective, absolute knowledge about something is pure hogwash and I see right through it everytime.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

I'm at my best when I take things at face value.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

why oh WHY could I not have read this when I was pursuing the ESFP female!!!???

--face value
    --they arent mind readers
    --no mental scavenger hunts...

At least I know now!

Face value. What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Face value. What's that?
    When you take things at Face value that is face value.

Nope Jag, don't say it.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

My Father has said this for years, and I agree with him:

"Say what you mean, and mean what you say."

Don't beat around the bush.
    Don't talk through the flowers.
    If you're going to say something nice, then do it.
    If you're going to tell someone they are a fucking idiot, then so be it.
    Just don't waste everyone's time by muttering a bunch of half-assed political double speak.

Life is about two things: (1) Choices, and (2) Accountability.

All of us are accountable for our (A) Words, and (B) Deeds.

So choose both wisely, and make them count.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    My Father has said this for years, and I agree with him:

"Say what you mean, and mean what you say."
    Mine said, "A deal is a deal."
    Then I got out into the biz world and realized how many dirtbags had a fraction of my Dad's integrity.
    I am direct with people, but I also look beneath the surface of who I am dealing with.
    It's my nature.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Mine said, "A deal is a deal."
    Then I got out into the biz world and realized how many dirtbags had a fraction of my Dad's integrity.
    I am direct with people, but I also look beneath the surface of who I am dealing with.
    It's my nature.
    Sounds like your Dad is a smart guy.
    Nowadays, a deal is a deal, only if you have it in writing, and even then it can be a pain in the ass to make the other party come through with their end of the bargain. It's pathetic. Manipulative, lazy, greedy and spineless men flake out out on meeting their end of a contract, and then try to drag it out in court. I wish such instances could be taken care of in a boxing ring. IT would be much quicker, and much more cost effective.

It's my nature.
    This is a very wise practice. I have been trying to get better at this the past few years, as I am all too aware now that any jerkoff can put on a nice front. Pay attention to more than just what they say. Look at how they dress, how they interact with others, their ability to maintain eye contact, are they in a hurry. Is there perspiration on their brow? Are they changing topics frequently? If so, you most likely have a liar on your hands, be careful.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro