User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    isfp

hehheh...messing up people's orders is fun
    The ISFP label is ok, since it just says something about our natural preferences. It doesn't really say anything about us as individuals, or about our overall personalities. I bet no one is 100% their type. It's just dumb from my point of view to believe wholeheartedly all kinds of stereotypes and assumptions. Your type is just a superficiality, I think. So the label ISFP, is just a label, and it shouldn't be taken as a limited teller of character. I just love it when people go beyond that.
    Anyway dunno if I'm making any sense anymore.
    I think I'm addicted to energy drinks

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by anainani View Post
    Yea, Quinlan. For me, it's not so much as being afraid of a bad impression, but it's more to do with not wanting for people to define me. Like Kestrel wrote that he/she was looking for a "defining trait". It makes me madly uncomfortable, sometimes sad/pissed when people do it, and a lot of people do it. I think not wanting to be defined has to do with the desire for freedom in ISFP's. It's not that I want to go and do crazy or reckless things (well, most of the time I don't ), but it's more like not wanting to feel pressured to be someone or something in particular. For example, if someone gives me a label, I'll try to do the opposite of what the label is. Or, I'll avoid the person, so as to avoid being seen as anything.
    Oh man, this sounds so familiar. I could've written this myself.

Only I would have hit the "return" key a few times.

I haven't acted like that as much in the last several months, because this year I've suddenly got into actually trying to help people understand me better. But I'll probly get over that at some point and go back to trying to confuse people.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread, also! I got around to thinking about it, and realized that more than the other types, ISFPs were probably the one I had no clear picture of. I have a feeling I know some ISFPs, but they are hard to identify.

So this thread has been some good learning material.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 12-13-2008 at 07:15 PM. Reason: flow of story
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Oh man, this sounds so familiar. I could've written this myself.

Only I would have hit the "return" key a few times.

I haven't acted like that as much in the last several months, because this year I've suddenly got into actually trying to help people understand me better. But I'll probly get over that at some point and go back to trying to confuse people.
    hahaha I love confusing people..and the funniest thing is that I don't even mean to! My old front office manager was new and he kept poking at me asking all these questions about me like what I like to do and what music i'm into and what not. He was baffled by me and I think it's funny. It's so hard to say I like this or that..I have preferences but i'm usually enjoying whatever is going on around me in the moment.