User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

ISFPs can appear to be different people at different times and as such it can be hard for others to get to know the real you. How can you chill when people say youíre not... dunno, put it down to their misunderstanding and walk away.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    ISFPs can appear to be different people at different times and as such it can be hard for others to get to know the real you. How can you chill when people say youíre not... dunno, put it down to their misunderstanding and walk away.
    Yes.

MBTI
    ISTP

Yeah...it's annoying when you know yourself AND MBTI better than others that question your type. I know a few folks that love to think that I'm an Extrovert because I'm fairly open and gregarious and not a "quiet" or "uncommunicative" ISTP. Just annoying. Sorry that's happening to you on this board. Geez...online folks most likely really DON'T know you very well.

I'm not sure you can chill out on it quickly however. You are an F and probably passionate about things. My ISFP friend gets his panties-in-a-bunch pretty easily about some things (especially politics and sports), whereas I seem dispassionate relative to him. That's just the ISFPs nature.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Yes.
    Once I made the connection that appearing to be different people is an ISFP being genuine and not a facade I gained a whole other level of appreciation and now I totally love you buggers... so much fun but able to be serious when needed

MBTI
    INFP

Sarah, how about this line?

I refuse to give free rent in my head to other people.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INTj

Sarah, you're one of the smartest and most interesting people on this forum. You be whoever you want to be. We need more SP's anyways.
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Oh... I'm so sorry to hear about this. It really shouldn't have happened to you, but considering Keirsey's description of the SP temperament... are you really surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    Is it because people think introverted feeling = the NF temperament?
    I must say, though, you're rather clever to have come up with this idea. I see your Ni works a little. This IS in fact what most people think. I've typed myself as an INFJ, and most people think I'm an IxTJ. Most of what people stereotypically associate with NFs are, in fact, Fi traits. INFJs are often mistaken for NTs, because we have (according to the model) the weakest Fi out of the NF temperament (and the strongest Ti, which is what is stereotypically associated with the NT temperament).

According that same model, ISFP is very likely to be mistaken for an Idealist such as INFP. ISTPs would also often be mistaken for INTPs, and so on.

It goes like this:

INFJ leans towards NT (Ni+Ti).
    INTJ leans towards NF (Ni+Fi).
    ISFP leans towards NF (Fi+Ni).
    ISTP leans towards NT (Ti+Ni).

This is a consequence not only of stereotypes, but of tertiary function influence. These sorts of mistypes seem most consistently predictable for ISPs and INJs.

Does that make sense?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

That's just because Kiersey is a very different system. :P

Sarah, you're awesome, so you can be any type you want to be.

(Fi-doms are always sneaky anyway.)

You've always come across as ISFP to me. That's why I asked you, Jeffster and Mo and other ISFPs to help when I was wondering about my type.
    You aren't ISFP anyway at the end of the day you're Sarah whose type within the MBTI theory is in your most humble opinion ISFP.
    Over identifying with anything is a recipe for disaster.

Whatever type you are your posts are always informative.

Anja's line reminded of this one
    If someone offers you a gift and you refuse it who does the gift belong to?

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by FrisbeeLad View Post
    Yeah...it's annoying when you know yourself AND MBTI better than others that question your type. I know a few folks that love to think that I'm an Extrovert because I'm fairly open and gregarious and not a "quiet" or "uncommunicative" ISTP. Just annoying. Sorry that's happening to you on this board. Geez...online folks most likely really DON'T know you very well..
    and

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Eh..there's people that think I'm an extrovert just because I post a lot and like attention...

Yeah, like being "gregarious" online in a faceless conversation with people you're never going to meet in person is just like going up to people physically, introducing yourself, initiating conversations, and drawing others out. haha!

Quote Originally Posted by FrisbeeLad View Post
    I'm not sure you can chill out on it quickly however. You are an F and probably passionate about things. My ISFP friend gets his panties-in-a-bunch pretty easily about some things (especially politics and sports), whereas I seem dispassionate relative to him. That's just the ISFPs nature.

Unfortuately, yeah. "Probably passionate"... heh! My ENFJ husband claims he knew all along that I was kind of high strung and emotionally intense underneath my facade of happy-go-luckiness. Drat those extraverted feeling types -- you can't fool 'em!

Sarah
    ISFP