• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] slow and steady?

unceremonious

:bye: first post here!

I'll just cut to the chase here; there's an ISTP I've been interested in for a couple months now, and in the past month the interest seems to be mutual:
  • immediate replies to texts day or night and keeping the convo going after I try to end it
  • standard body language (following me with his eyes, huge smiles, 'puffing himself up', letting me see him checking me out)
  • always willing to help / do favors even for insignificant things
  • telling me how he really feels about situations / sharing something and implying it's a secret ("between me and you" / texting me instead of answering me in front of others)
  • reassuring compliments and overt support
  • initiating conversations in person and seeming perturbed if we're interrupted

now the question is...is slow and steady how ISTPs operate? Recently we haven't had a chance to see each other (a lot of external circumstances, not excuses), but he refuses to go into detail about certain things over text, and will always say "I'll have to tell you about it in person". He says we get along great and have great times together, so could that possibly be a way for me to suggest one on one time outside of our environment, or should I continue letting him slowly make his way to me? :huh: For the record the only times I have initiated conversation are when we are apart (and all but once had a purpose, but the conversations evolve into other matters). Whenever he initiates it's in person, and always about random personal things. Any guidance, or am I doing fine so far? ;)

I'll just cut to the chase here; there's an ISTP I've been interested in for a couple months now, and in the past month the interest seems to be mutual:
  • immediate replies to texts day or night and keeping the convo going after I try to end it
  • standard body language (following me with his eyes, huge smiles, 'puffing himself up', letting me see him checking me out)
  • telling me how he really feels about situations / sharing something and implying it's a secret ("between me and you" / texting me instead of answering me in front of others)

now the question is...is slow and steady how ISTPs operate? Recently we haven't had a chance to see each other (a lot of external circumstances, not excuses), but he refuses to go into detail about certain things over text, and will always say "I'll have to tell you about it in person". He says we get along great and have great times together, so could that possibly be a way for me to suggest one on one time outside of our environment, or should I continue letting him slowly make his way to me? :huh: For the record the only times I have initiated conversation are when we are apart (and all but once had a purpose, but the conversations evolve into other matters). Whenever he initiates it's in person, and always about random personal things. Any guidance, or am I doing fine so far? ;)

As a pup, I would initiate sex early on and to my detriment the relationships always suffered. Presently my mate & I adopted a modest/chaste approach and let the relationship flourish before sex was introduced.

I'd say you two are fine. Don't be in such a rush. ;)

unceremonious

As a pup, I would initiate sex early on and to my detriment the relationships always suffered. Presently my mate & I adopted a modest/chaste approach and let the relationship flourish before sex was introduced.

I'd say you two are fine. Don't be in such a rush. ;)

Okay, good to know! It's been about three weeks since then, and because he's away it's strictly texting, but the two times I've contacted him he's gotten back to me quickly, and we've continued the conversation at least an hour (two hours this past time), so I feel better about things. I told him coffee is on me, so hopefully when he returns we can truly 'catch up'. :)

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If he is getting back to you regularly, even if not immediately, then he is interested. If he stops replying, then he isn't. And nothing you do or say will ever change that.
Meeting in person asap is a good idea.

unceremonious

If he is getting back to you regularly, even if not immediately, then he is interested. If he stops replying, then he isn't. And nothing you do or say will ever change that.
Meeting in person asap is a good idea.

Thank you. :) We can't meet (complicated work stuff so he can't travel), but we've moved from texting to calling and have been pretty consistent thus far.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you. :) We can't meet (complicated work stuff so he can't travel), but we've moved from texting to calling and have been pretty consistent thus far.
Sounds positive! Good luck!

Livluv49

I am istp and I would say he's very interested if he gets back to you right away. Istps have 2 categories they put people in : VIP or backburner lol sounds like your not on the back burner :p

unceremonious

I am istp and I would say he's very interested if he gets back to you right away. Istps have 2 categories they put people in : VIP or backburner lol sounds like your not on the back burner :p

That's a lot less complicated than mine lol! That + him 'taking' me to lunch and paying for me, and him taking me home even though I usually catch the bus...I think I can safely say I'm not on the back burner! It's definitely harder to 'see' that when it's just over the phone..I didn't realize how much I would miss him when he had to leave. :cry:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I do this for everyone, but then again i have been accused of an ESTP type player though i dont do it on purpose and watch my affect on others. Pulling back as necesary. If i am interested no reason for me to pull back unless i sense...yes sense something that causes me to pull back. I may ask and i may not. I may test the waters to figure it out.

You sound like you are doing good.