• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Dealing with a silent ISFP

Bulletproof_Bastard

MBTI Type
ESTP
This ISFP I'm talking about is my sister's boyfriend. They've been together for about 4 years now.

He's a nice guy and I get along well with him. We've spent quite some time together. We watched a lot of movies together as it turned out that our taste was quite similar. We played music together. We share drinks, foods, shoes, spaces and many other things for years. He'd sleep with my sister and I'd sleep with his sister, friends, cousins and mother(she's a hot mom. I just can't resist. He'd never figure this out though). He's just like a brother to me-I'm not implying I sleep with my own biological mother too anyway, don't be mistaken.

However, he's mostly still as silent with me as he was when he met me for the first time. I'm unsure whether he does that because he ignores me or he's really just shy. I know he's a shy person and really doesn't talk much with others but I'm like "oh come on, you don't have to be shy with me. Why do you treat me like you treat strangers?"

My question is this :
1.Should I just leave him alone?
Maybe he really is just very shy and the more I approach him, the more I will annoy him. He never told me that I annoy him though.
2.Or should I try to initiate a conversation with him even more?
Who knows maybe he simply needs more stimulation to speak the hell up.
3.Are ISFPs just this quiet? If you/they are, do you/they are trying to imply something with silence?

My sister lives with me so I meet this guy like everyday since the last two years. It's really weird to see someone come to my property only to sit still and being quiet all the damn time. He doesn't even speak much with my sister I can't figure out what's the point of their relationship at all.

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1.Should I just leave him alone?
Maybe he really is just very shy and the more I approach him, the more I will annoy him. He never told me that I annoy him though.

IMO this might be the best course of action. Obviously I don't know the guy, but you say that he's an introvert and you're an extrovert, so his introversion may be the root cause instead of annoyance with you.

2.Or should I try to initiate a conversation with him even more?
Who knows maybe he simply needs more stimulation to speak the hell up.

Again, I don't know him, but this doesn't seem like a good idea to me. If you try to push things it might just make it worse. Introverts usually don't need "more stimulation to speak the hell up," in fact it's quite the opposite, they need their own space to recharge so they can socialize with others later.

3.Are ISFPs just this quiet? If you/they are, do you/they are trying to imply something with silence?

In my experience a lot of introverts are quiet (myself included), although we usually aren't trying to imply anything with the silence. If you suspect something might be up with this guy in particular it might be good to ask him directly, although be careful not to come off as confrontational.

Hope this helps!