• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Is it normal?

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
My friend ISFP and I talked today about art in the park in our city and then some people came and he suddenly didn't want to talk anymore about this topic. He says: "I don't want to talk about it." I don't understand why he suddenly stop talk to me. He explain that it was his private thing, but it was what I called meaningless talking , some sort of his unaccomplished dreams. We don't know people who came there obsessively , they can't use our words even they was listening us. I am very private man but this has no sense to me. Is it some sort of tantrum of what? Is it normal to ISFP or it is because he came from small town?

And yes he is for sure ISFP , he did test and I see enormous Se and Fi. He is very gently , diplomatic , hedonistic and kind person. :blush:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, it is. It probably means that what he is about to share is private and he doesn't want to share it.

Makes sense.

^ Exactly. Being an ISFP I'd imagine he's passionate about art? So maybe he gets a bit emotional because his passion stirs his feelings. He probably doesn't want strangers seeing that as it's a very deep private side of him. Actually it is showing you're a trusted friend for him to open up like that to you. I'd feel honored in that situation.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
He is my best friend. I think he had a dream about art staff... But it is ridiculous anyway. I was a like... What does it change now? These are a bunch of people who doesn't give a shit about us and blah-blah! It is like you will stop talking to me just we are walking at street... Explain ,explain.. :shrug::shock::huh:

He probably can't explain it in a very logical clinical manner. He's an artist, his passion for it is intertwined into every fiber of his being. I doubt he could dissect it for you. Interesting how you're best friends with such disparate ways of approaching life. It must make for some fascinating discussions.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Wel ,we share same interest such as art , computers , free time and deep talking :blush:

I understand. My best friend is definitely different then me. I think he's an INTP or maybe INTJ. We definitely have moments where we think the other is an alien based on viewpoints on subjects. It makes for stimulating conversation though.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Each one of us has his own definition of what is normal, and each one of us acts in present situations according to his current interpretation of reality.

I used to be shy around people when I was a kid, and would have acted like your friend, because, back then, I would have felt uncomfortable talking about personal and meaningful things about me in front of strangers, but that kind of broke the mood.

Now, my reality is "Never be mindful of the watchful eye". In other words, don't give a fuck. But that's my personal perspective.

You just have to respect his emotional inclination and see it as a privilege that he would share his deepest thoughts only in your presence.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Sorry for double post.
Internet problem.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Maybe I am too self-centered person and I have zero tolerance for people's tantrums and others bullshits! :(

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess he is only very private individual, nothing more than that.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think , problem is environment from he came from , defently.
Environment has important rule into defining people what they will become. :)

Kas

Fabula rasa
I think , problem is environment from he came from , defently.
Environment has important rule into defining people what they will become. :)

To a point. But I think the temper is rather inborn. You can see how differently are behaving kids from the very beginning even kept in same environment, looked after same people and treated similarly.

Saying this I don't think your friend has a problem, he is just a private person. Perhaps things that aren't personal for you, are personal to him.