• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Top 3 reasons for why SPs suck...

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have to say, most of these things seem only to apply to the ESTPs I've known. The ISTPs I've known have been pretty solid guys. Two of them were GIGANTIC man-sluts, though, I must admit.

Interestingly, at present I have one ESTP friend who, despite being an enormous flake who is incapable of planning for Saturday before Saturday is a total neat-freak and plans extensive travels down to the last detail.

I guess this just ramble, though, so I will contribute with the understanding that I'm referring to ESTPs only:

1.) They are the flakiest motherfuckers. It's not that they don't plan anything in advance, it's that they don't see any REASON or BENEFIT to doing so.

2.) They are disease vectors.

3.) If the girl you're presently involved with has hang-ups as a result of getting totally screwed over in a past relationship, it's more likely than not the fault of an ESTP.

indigo2020

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have to say, most of these things seem only to apply to the ESTPs I've known. The ISTPs I've known have been pretty solid guys. Two of them were GIGANTIC man-sluts, though, I must admit.

Interestingly, at present I have one ESTP friend who, despite being an enormous flake who is incapable of planning for Saturday before Saturday is a total neat-freak and plans extensive travels down to the last detail.

I guess this just ramble, though, so I will contribute with the understanding that I'm referring to ESTPs only:

1.) They are the flakiest motherfuckers. It's not that they don't plan anything in advance, it's that they don't see any REASON or BENEFIT to doing so.

2.) They are disease vectors.

3.) If the girl you're presently involved with has hang-ups as a result of getting totally screwed over in a past relationship, it's more likely than not the fault of an ESTP.
I know an ESTP and you are describing his sucky qualities very very well, which is not to say he does not have some good qualities (but we are not talking about good qualities right now are we) ?

I also know 2 ISTP's (one man and one woman) and I was thinking of both of them (they have very similar modes) earlier when I wrote the top three things I think sucks about them. I know them very well since one is my ex-husband and one is my best friend who I love but who also drives me bonkers at times.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So SPs are flaky, yes? I guess they get dandruff, then!

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
They are directly responsible for hair metal.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...Everything everyone has outlined here, I'm disturbed to admit, applies to me 100%. As in, the stupider me-moments.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They, along with SJs, seem more offended when we generalize.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1) require temper tantrums to get them to do something

2) feel any money they see must be theirs

3) feel the same way about things as they do about money

mom and younger brother (ESFP) tended to do this to me, my youngest brother (ISFP) seems to only fit the tantrum one.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
...Everything everyone has outlined here, I'm disturbed to admit, applies to me 100%. As in, the stupider me-moments.

You're a disease vector?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1) require temper tantrums to get them to do something

2) feel any money they see must be theirs

3) feel the same way about things as they do about money

mom and younger brother (ESFP) tended to do this to me, my youngest brother (ISFP) seems to only fit the tantrum one.

I think temper tantrums are more related to Feeling and Perceiving. (xNFPs are like that, too.) But I agree that 2 and 3 are definitely SP traits. I'm also least likely to trust SPs with borrowing my things. Even though I don't trust anyone borrowing my things, SPs are the worst at remembering to return things. (Although I think I said this already.)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think temper tantrums are more related to Feeling and Perceiving. (xNFPs are like that, too.) But I agree that 2 and 3 are definitely SP traits. I'm also least likely to trust SPs with borrowing my things. Even though I don't trust anyone borrowing my things, SPs are the worst at remembering to return things. (Although I think I said this already.)

I grew up in the house of FP, the one with the biggest tantrum got their way. The hyperthyroid, drama queen daughter of a drunk, though, tended to win the most.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
And lastly, the SPs:
These are some reasons that Keirsey and Berens says that SPs have problems:
The focus on the present associated with the Artisan pattern can lead to people expressing this temperament repeating their mistakes:

Since [people expressing Artisan] do not reflect very much on their errors or analyse their mistakes to any great extent, it is difficult for them to learn from their errors, and so they can become caught in a loop, repeating their mistakes.

When balanced, and hence confident, the person expressing Artisan can be the life of the party, enjoying life to its fullest but when out of balance, the compulsive indulgence in hedonistic pleasures alcohol, drugs, gambling as well as anything that gives a solid hit of adrenalin can place such people in psychological or even physical danger.

Their essential need for the freedom to orchestrate their own actions can make it difficult to others to render aid.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Their essential need for the freedom to orchestrate their own actions can make it difficult to others to render aid

This is why I distance myself from my mother and younger brother. They have no balance and attempts to help only make the situation worse, never mind dragging you into the center of the stupidity.

On the other hand, my one uncle and my youngest brother are balanced or approaching balanced and they're awesome to be around.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
This is why I distance myself from my mother and younger brother. They have no balance and attempts to help only make the situation worse, never mind dragging you into the center of the stupidity.

On the other hand, my one uncle and my youngest brother are balanced or approaching balanced and they're awesome to be around.
I think what they're attempting to convey is the SP-Improviser's essential need for freedom to do their own thing, similar to the NT-Theorists' need to feel competent by being independent. Where NTs need competence, SPs need freedom, but both are highly independent to a fault.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think what they're attempting to convey is the SP-Improviser's essential need for freedom to do their own thing, similar to the NT-Theorists' need to feel competent by being independent. Where NTs need competence, SPs need freedom, but both are highly independent to a fault.

Yes -- they can both look similar in terms of "independence," but the underlying motivations are different.

Yomama99

MBTI Type
ISTP
I know an ESTP and you are describing his sucky qualities very very well, which is not to say he does not have some good qualities (but we are not talking about good qualities right now are we) ?

I also know 2 ISTP's (one man and one woman) and I was thinking of both of them (they have very similar modes) earlier when I wrote the top three things I think sucks about them. I know them very well since one is my ex-husband and one is my best friend who I love but who also drives me bonkers at times.

What's wrong with treating women like a piece of meat? Come on, you ladies know you like being physically pushed around in bed.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
What's wrong with treating women like a piece of meat? Come on, you ladies know you like being physically pushed around in bed.
I like that idea so much I think I'd want to rip off the guy's testicles and shove them up his nostrils. :smile:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

We need more girls around here to keep you more properly occupied... :devil:

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP

1. They never learn from their mistakes.

2. They never learn from their mistakes.

3. THEY NEVER LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES!!!

Honestly, everything else is this thread is minor for me compared to that. It's damn-near appalling to see them doing the same thing over and over again. It's so in contrast to my NT "Self-diagnosis & Trouble-shooting" functions that there's just no way to wrap my head around it. I pretty much quit my last job because I couldn't deal with my ESTP boss's slip-ups anymore.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Their temperament is about as reasonable as genocide.

And who says genocide is unreasonable? It's a very efficient way of saying, "We don't want your kind here!"

Genocide isn't unreasonable, it gets things done!