• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Top 3 reasons for why SPs suck...

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jebus, dude, did you look at the timestamp on this post you quoted?
06-20-2007 12:31 PM

This forum was only a month old!!!

I'm too old to remember this crap.....

Uh, some context here:

1. The thread is over five years old.
2. The thread was specifically generated by an NT the day after THIS thread was created:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-rationale/867-top-three-reasons-why-ints-suck.html

So basically the site owner started a casual thread about why INTs suck, the INTs played along for fun, and then a few more threads were generated on other types AFTER that point, to spread the fun among various types.

So no, SPs were not being singled out.

Of course, I don't really know why people are dragging these dead threads back out... This one was dead since 2010, and dead for two years before that.

It's not people, it's Raptorwizard. He still desperately needs a blog to confine him, and so far hasn't shown that he knows the meaning of context.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's funny, I'd say topics like this are from when the forum was more fun, before it was overrun with Jungian Function Bullies(tm.)

W

WALMART

1. Doesn't view your problems as dire
2. Likely won't answer your calls
3. Thinks your ruminating sucks

W

WALMART

[MENTION=15886]jontherobot[/MENTION] what do you mean by 2? Do you mean that they don't care enough to answer your calls or that they are preoccupied with something else, or what?

By the way, you're an SP, according to the info on the left. :D

I don't know, I've heard people complain they are 'unreliable'. I presume this is how it manifests itself.

I see that :p

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
And lastly, the Perceivers:

1. Activities with them could get you into trouble.
  2. They are horrible planners.
  3. They often forget to return things that you lend to them.

Fixed.

W

WALMART

Well I know an SP who would seldom answer when I message him on MSN. Says he's busy when he's in the mood to answer. :D Annoys me if I need something from him. Seems like it annoys FJs more though, I know a whole bunch who complain about him. I usually get what I need elsewhere

Another SP may not answer messages either. Wouldn't say why, but people say that he usually calls them when he needs them (to go out, he's an extrovert too). Otherwise, they can't get hold of him unless they call his cell - and that's if he's not high or drunk. :D Sometimes I notice that he's specifically avoiding something...

I don't think these problems are explicit to SPs. Don't NPs do something like that? :huh:

Yeah, I'm the same way. I just... sometimes can't will myself to the outside world. It's ingrained in my mind that I'm alone and I will stay that way until time dictates otherwise.

When I thought myself an NP I remember researching and finding similar symptoms for them, too. Maybe it's a P thing?

W

WALMART

Well I know a bunch of Ps online, they reply instantly. So I think it's more of a SP thing. I know an ISxP who ignores my short messages, even though I do have to discuss something with him and he knows that he needs to. His excuse is "I've read it too late." He does a lot though - works out, works, goes out with friends, goes to college, has a girlfriend... But still, it's a short message. C'mon.

So when I think about it, NPs probably do it to a lesser extend, explicitly to avoid something, while SPs do it for avoidance as well as other reasons.

Yeah, I've seen the stereotype attached more to SP's than NP's, that's for sure.

Like I said - me, personally, cannot bring myself to even interact with people outside of my own existence at times. It's like I'm locked away, checked out, placed on hold, reserved for future seating. Unless I get a text that says, "I'm dying, need help now" I likely will not respond, when I get in those moods. And they last for months.

W

WALMART

I know an ISTP who's exactly like that. He's got a good reason to be grumpy though, serious health issues. Not terminal, but irreparable too. Unless you have a good reason to, this may be an ISTP thing, though I don't want to stereotype this into a box, especially when it'd be based on 2 people...

Nope, no good reason. Just like being alone. I only have like three 'real' friends though, so it's really not hard to be left alone. I tell people early on in my relationship with them that I am a bad friend.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I've seen the stereotype attached more to SP's than NP's, that's for sure.

Like I said - me, personally, cannot bring myself to even interact with people outside of my own existence at times. It's like I'm locked away, checked out, placed on hold, reserved for future seating. Unless I get a text that says, "I'm dying, need help now" I likely will not respond, when I get in those moods. And they last for months.

Let me know if and when you find the cure for that as it wrecks my relationships yet I somehow cannot escape that mindset either.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Let me know if and when you find the cure for that as it wrecks my relationships yet I somehow cannot escape that mindset either.

Its just a matter of whats more important, if it was that important your pull to change would make it happen.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. Doesn't view your problems as dire
2. Likely won't answer your calls
3. Thinks your ruminating sucks

:nice: different SPs though handle these situations differently.

1. Your problems arent dire, but doesnt mean I wont lend a hand
2. ummm...yeah...I dont like phones, never have. Not a fan of conversations much either. Not a personal thing, I dont really care for those awkward moments I get stuck in at times. Its done on an as needed basis and with people that the aformentioned things dont bother.
3. To a point yes. Less talk more action. We can troubleshoot, dig, analyze, learn while the work is in progress.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
3. To a point yes. Less talk more action. We can troubleshoot, dig, analyze, learn while the work is in progress.

awww... you know it isn't nice to make fun of the pea-brains who can't multi-task :nono:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Top 3 reasons why NFs suck:

- They whine too much to do any shit that they're whining about
- They're too nice sometimes which leads me to think that they want something out of me
- Their lack of balls to say things directly leads to hot and cold games that gets tiring after a while

Feel free to flame me.

As for calls, the sound of the phone ringing just pisses the shit out of me. Don't call me, text me. I'll be sure to reply.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Top 3 reasons why NFs suck:

- They whine too much to do any shit that they're whining about
- They're too nice sometimes which leads me to think that they want something out of me
- Their lack of balls to say things directly leads to hot and cold games that gets tiring after a while

Feel free to flame me.

As for calls, the sound of the phone ringing just pisses the shit out of me. Don't call me, text me. I'll be sure to reply.

Not everyone is like you, some people are nice just to be nice ;) FLAME ON!!!! :D Sometimes you should stop thinking ;)

edit: some people are obvious though. Has nothing to do with "too" nice.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION] Wow, that's one pissed off SP! :D

P.S. I hate texts.

Well, my phone's on perma vibrate because school reasons, so it would only make sense to text me. Texts are more convenient than calls because you don't have to excuse yourself out of a room in a meeting. You have to do that with a call.

THAT, and the phone doesn't ring. Double plus.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, if it's a meeting, you can always reroute the calls to the answering machine or how it's called in English. We don't use that here, unfortunately. And at school, I do agree that messages are better if that's the distraction you prefer. I preferred drawing shaped things. :D

You can change the ringtone. :huh:

It's not about the ringtone, it's the fact that it rings in the first place.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's not about the ringtone, it's the fact that it rings in the first place.

How dare it interrupt you?

Lol.. I so feel ya on that.