• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Top 3 reasons for why SPs suck...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
with the exception of ISTPs, most of the SPs I know have a complete lack of foresight and this "we'll deal with that when it comes" approach to life

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
i guess i can do a little self hate

1. its not that i lack foresight but more like i can be quite impulsive sometimes, that maybe just me. (though im painfully aware of consequences)
2. i have a buffer between my mind and mouth that i fail to use.
3. i love having fun. i get bored easily, if im not having fun. i get annoyed with people who don`t know how to loosen up.

fripping

MBTI Type
nerd
they will spend their last dollar on a tron keyboard
they will smoke up all your weed
they are somehow surprised when they die in failed stunts

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i guess i can do a little self hate
1. its not that i lack foresight but more like i can be quite impulsive sometimes, that maybe just me. (though im painfully aware of consequences)
so, if I understand you correctly, you are aware of the consequences but you're basically like "fuck it! I can't stop!"

2. i have a buffer between my mind and mouth that i fail to use.
if it makes you feel better, you guys are generally WAY better about this than Ne doms :D

3. i love having fun. i get bored easily, if im not having fun. i get annoyed with people who don`t know how to loosen up.
this sounds E7

Lark

Resist temptation to make joke which no doubt someone has already.

Standuble

Basic rehash of five years of bitchin' about the SPs.

1) They can't seem to plan beyond 24 hours or seem unwilling to.
2) Maybe this is just me but you don't feel like you can put much faith in them (though they could still surprise.)
3) Don't seem to have much understanding beyond the immediately tangible but that seems dependent on the development level of Ni.
4) Will find a way to get into debt, don't lend them money.
5) Be wary about possessions around them. An item may just vanish one day out from under your nose and appear five months later in their pile of possessions.

What I like about them:
1) That they can actually live in the moment and enjoy life which I always struggle with.
2) Are usually very skilled at physical sports and other areas.
3) Have helped me see problems I have perceived as complicated as the trivial concerns they actually are in the past.
4) They don't seem overly judgmental.
5) Have an exceptional eye for spotting opportunities and appreciating the nuances of the physical environment.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Basic rehash of five years of bitchin' about the SPs.

1) They can't seem to plan beyond 24 hours or seem unwilling to.

This is by far the most annoying complaint I get. I get it from my friends often. Thing is, by not makin plans I'm actually being considerate. The old me would yes you then just not show up. So it's a mature SP who knows themselves enough to not make plans. I always say "call me before
you go" because if you really want me there that's the best way to get me out. Seems this also frustrates them. I don't know. But take it or leave it.

W

WALMART

This is by far the most annoying complaint I get. I get it from my friends often. Thing is, by not makin plans I'm actually being considerate. The old me would yes you then just not show up. So it's a mature SP who knows themselves enough to not make plans. I always say "call me before
you go" because if you really want me there that's the best way to get me out. Seems this also frustrates them. I don't know. But take it or leave it.

Yeah, it's been a long time coming for me as well. I'm still not where I'd like to be.

KDude

The main reason why SPs suck is that most reduce their lives to immediate pleasure and lately, revolve their lives around their image on social networks, and how they gauge themselves within the hierarchy of small local markets. Most dwell on the various ways in which they might rise in that hierarchy. ENJs and their tertiary Se might be part of that mess too. I'd actually say that ISPs might avoid that easier than ESP or ENFJ not just for the fact that they're introverted, but also critics. Sometimes the immediate surrounding doesn't become something they value, but something they're all too aware of, but hate.

But they can easily fall into the trap of gauging their worth that way too. I have, especially when I was young - and it takes some effort to truly tell everyone and everything to fuck off and not participate in the ratrace whatsoever.

Anyhow, in my view, this is the greatest threat to any Se valuers well being. And what makes many so loathesome to everyone else.

R

Riva

The main reason why SPs suck is that most reduce their lives to immediate pleasure and lately, revolve their lives around their image on social networks, and how they gauge themselves within the hierarchy of small local markets. Most dwell on the various ways in which they might rise in that hierarchy. ENJs and their tertiary Se might be part of that mess too. I'd actually say that ISPs might avoid that easier than ESP or ENFJ not just for the fact that they're introverted, but also critics. Sometimes the immediate surrounding doesn't become something they value, but something they're all too aware of, but hate.

But they can easily fall into the trap of gauging their worth that way too. I have, especially when I was young - and it takes some effort to truly tell everyone and everything to fuck off and not participate in the ratrace whatsoever.

Anyhow, in my view, this is the greatest threat to any Se valuers well being. And what makes many so loathesome to everyone else.

I believe what you said about ISP to be correct.

ISPs are the SPs who think before jumping. But one day wake up and curse themselves for not doing so.

Could you relate to what I said? Too bored to elaborate on what I said about why they regret.

IPs and EPs are so very different from one another.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
As of experience bias;

1) act on impulse without thinking about consequences or judge the situation based on the immediate situation only
2) act on impulse then don't have the decency to apologize for their actions
3) drive people away without realizing the big picture, - that they didn't say sorry for acting on impulse

KDude

ISPs are the SPs who think before jumping. But one day wake up and curse themselves for not doing so.

Could you relate to what I said? Too bored to elaborate on what I said about why they regret.

Somewhat. I have professional and relationship related regrets. Things I never stuck with or move forward with. As for literal "jumping", I've always been the first to do that. Heh

A

A_priori

I don't know I guess I would have to say the SPs I know seem to be to fixed in there thinking. A few of them I know don't seem to be able to admit fault very well either, but I don't think SPs suck as far as types go.

KDude

I don't know I guess I would have to say the SPs I know seem to be to fixed in there thinking. A few of them I know don't seem to be able to admit fault very well either, but I don't think SPs suck as far as types go.

I'll admit fault if it stops drama or people can't move on to something better (say, if everyone was planning to eat out, and an argument started and halted everything.. I'll probably tell them to blame me for no reason, but "Lets go already". That's probably more because once I have my mind set, I hate delays.).