User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Jebus, dude, did you look at the timestamp on this post you quoted?
    06-20-2007 12:31 PM

This forum was only a month old!!!

I'm too old to remember this crap.....

Uh, some context here:

1. The thread is over five years old.
    2. The thread was specifically generated by an NT the day after THIS thread was created:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ints-suck.html

So basically the site owner started a casual thread about why INTs suck, the INTs played along for fun, and then a few more threads were generated on other types AFTER that point, to spread the fun among various types.

So no, SPs were not being singled out.

Of course, I don't really know why people are dragging these dead threads back out... This one was dead since 2010, and dead for two years before that.
    It's not people, it's Raptorwizard. He still desperately needs a blog to confine him, and so far hasn't shown that he knows the meaning of context.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

That's funny, I'd say topics like this are from when the forum was more fun, before it was overrun with Jungian Function Bullies(tm.)
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

WALMART

1. Doesn't view your problems as dire
    2. Likely won't answer your calls
    3. Thinks your ruminating sucks

@jontherobot what do you mean by 2? Do you mean that they don't care enough to answer your calls or that they are preoccupied with something else, or what?

By the way, you're an SP, according to the info on the left.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    @jontherobot what do you mean by 2? Do you mean that they don't care enough to answer your calls or that they are preoccupied with something else, or what?

By the way, you're an SP, according to the info on the left.

I don't know, I've heard people complain they are 'unreliable'. I presume this is how it manifests itself.

I see that :P

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I don't know, I've heard people complain they are 'unreliable'. I presume this is how it manifests itself.

I see that :P
    Well I know an SP who would seldom answer when I message him on MSN. Says he's busy when he's in the mood to answer. Annoys me if I need something from him. Seems like it annoys FJs more though, I know a whole bunch who complain about him. I usually get what I need elsewhere

Another SP may not answer messages either. Wouldn't say why, but people say that he usually calls them when he needs them (to go out, he's an extrovert too). Otherwise, they can't get hold of him unless they call his cell - and that's if he's not high or drunk. Sometimes I notice that he's specifically avoiding something...

I don't think these problems are explicit to SPs. Don't NPs do something like that?

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    And lastly, the Perceivers:

1. Activities with them could get you into trouble.
    2. They are horrible planners.
    3. They often forget to return things that you lend to them.
    Fixed.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

WALMART

Well I know an SP who would seldom answer when I message him on MSN. Says he's busy when he's in the mood to answer. Annoys me if I need something from him. Seems like it annoys FJs more though, I know a whole bunch who complain about him. I usually get what I need elsewhere

Another SP may not answer messages either. Wouldn't say why, but people say that he usually calls them when he needs them (to go out, he's an extrovert too). Otherwise, they can't get hold of him unless they call his cell - and that's if he's not high or drunk. Sometimes I notice that he's specifically avoiding something...

I don't think these problems are explicit to SPs. Don't NPs do something like that?

Yeah, I'm the same way. I just... sometimes can't will myself to the outside world. It's ingrained in my mind that I'm alone and I will stay that way until time dictates otherwise.

When I thought myself an NP I remember researching and finding similar symptoms for them, too. Maybe it's a P thing?

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    When I thought myself an NP I remember researching and finding similar symptoms for them, too. Maybe it's a P thing?
    Well I know a bunch of Ps online, they reply instantly. So I think it's more of a SP thing. I know an ISxP who ignores my short messages, even though I do have to discuss something with him and he knows that he needs to. His excuse is "I've read it too late." He does a lot though - works out, works, goes out with friends, goes to college, has a girlfriend... But still, it's a short message. C'mon.

So when I think about it, NPs probably do it to a lesser extend, explicitly to avoid something, while SPs do it for avoidance as well as other reasons.

WALMART

Well I know a bunch of Ps online, they reply instantly. So I think it's more of a SP thing. I know an ISxP who ignores my short messages, even though I do have to discuss something with him and he knows that he needs to. His excuse is "I've read it too late." He does a lot though - works out, works, goes out with friends, goes to college, has a girlfriend... But still, it's a short message. C'mon.

So when I think about it, NPs probably do it to a lesser extend, explicitly to avoid something, while SPs do it for avoidance as well as other reasons.

Yeah, I've seen the stereotype attached more to SP's than NP's, that's for sure.

Like I said - me, personally, cannot bring myself to even interact with people outside of my own existence at times. It's like I'm locked away, checked out, placed on hold, reserved for future seating. Unless I get a text that says, "I'm dying, need help now" I likely will not respond, when I get in those moods. And they last for months.