First 123 Last

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't try to hide my emotions. What would be the point in that?

There are times when I temper my emotions for practical reasons, like not yelling at my boss when he says or does something stupid, but I don't think I ever try to hide them, that just seems like a useless source of stress.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Originally Posted by wolfy
    I don't hide my emotions I just don't feel the need to share them. Big shows of emotion are to be honest, pretty scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    either that or tacky - maybe insincere
    Sometimes tacky sometimes insincere. Depends on the person. The reason I don't is because I feel it's self indulgent. Unless it's a strong relationship you are opening yourself up too much.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Sometimes tacky sometimes insincere. Depends on the person. The reason I don't is because I feel it's self indulgent. Unless it's a strong relationship you are opening yourself up too much.
    I am not ISFP but I agree. It's unseemly and invasive to the people around you. Unless it's some disaster ( a real one ) and one is simply overcome and then people should allow that person the diginity of privacy.

Once I saw on the news where a man was standing outside his home which had been burned to the ground and he realized his mother-in-law had been trapped inside and he started shouting "Oh my God! Oh MY God!" and fell to his knees crying. The news played that clip over and over and over and over. It seemed very exploitive to that man. I got into a rather heated debtate with co-workers over that. One said "But I need that rush from seeing other people's emotions. I like when the news shows us stuff like that." I said, read fiction and leave people to their own privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post

Once I saw on the news where a man was standing outside his home which had been burned to the ground and he realized his mother-in-law had been trapped inside and he started shouting "Oh my God! Oh MY God!" and fell to his knees crying. The news played that clip over and over and over and over. It seemed very exploitive to that man. I got into a rather heated debtate with co-workers over that. One said "But I need that rush from seeing other people's emotions. I like when the news shows us stuff like that." I said, read fiction and leave people to their own privacy.
    It's disgusting how news tv exploits emotions like this. Using peoples fear to hook them in. :steam:

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Yeah, it's definitely wrong to exploit situations like that. That being said I'm the exact opposite in many respects from the people who've posted here. I love stirring up emotions and riding them like waves. It's exciting and it helps keep me from being overly bored. I sometimes say the most asinine things to get a rise out of my INTJ friends. Emotional manipulation is a convenient way to maintain control of the world around me.
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

heart on fire

^ It's also a good way to get people to try and avoid you at all costs.

Lightbulb

I tend to hold back my emotions. If I share them, it's usually only with people that are very close to me that I feel comfortable with. I'm also not good at expressing myself without trying to think over what words I want to use. These days I try to pay attention to become more assertive about saying what's going on inside of me without feeling embaressed about it or thinking it's not important. Usually I don't quickly feel the need for it on a day to day basis (I'd rather share personal thoughts etc.), but sometimes situations require to share some stuff ..

I also agree with some people here saying when other people get into huge personal emotional displays, it can bother. For me, it usually bothers me if it's the wrong moment and place. Makes it kinda uncomfortable. Usually I'm just not fond of judgemental, monumental or slacking displays of personal feelings or thoughts in general. Why the serious drama?... Guess I'm moved by it easily

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    I tend to hold back my emotions. If I share them, it's usually only with people that are very close to me that I feel comfortable with. I'm also not good at expressing myself without trying to think over what words I want to use. These days I try to pay attention to become more assertive about saying what's going on inside of me without feeling embaressed about it or thinking it's not important. Usually I don't quickly feel the need for it on a day to day basis (I'd rather share personal thoughts etc.), but sometimes situations require to share some stuff ..

I also agree with some people here saying when other people get into huge personal emotional displays, it can bother. For me, it usually bothers me if it's the wrong moment and place. Makes it kinda uncomfortable. Usually I'm just not fond of judgemental, monumental or slacking displays of personal feelings or thoughts in general. Why the serious drama?... Guess I'm moved by it easily
    I identify with everything you said. Word for word.

MBTI
    Isfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

To me, i just don't want to start something because people will usually over react and i prefer things stay chill .

plus its tacky, jerry springer status.
    "They're not particular about whether you're playing a flatted fifth or a ruptured 129th as long as they can dance to it."
    Dizzy Gillespie

"Undermine their pompous authority, reject their moral standards, make anarchy and disorder your trademarks. Cause as much chaos and disruption as possible but don't let them take you ALIVE."
    Sid Vicious

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
    Bob Dylan

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

This is one trait I have that is isfp ish. When I am feeling very strongly about something, (and that emotion is bad), all systems shut down and I turn into a blank, no-personality rock. Its an automatic reaction and I don't know why it happens. If I try to express my feelings I don't know where to start, so I just remain silent. Then people have to have a guessing game with me. And its one thing I hate about myself.

Its bad for communication!!