• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTP with developed Fe?

lemonandlime

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Is it possible to have an ISTP with a developed Fe?

I'm an ESFJ (dominant Fe) and I have a best friend who typed as an ISTP. He has most of the traits relevant to an ISTP and even works in a field that ISTP is supposed to be strong at. He's also a fast learner, a practical person and often tries to give advice through logic and reason. However he has good control over feelings too, we have a highly-sensitive INFP friend and he has always been better at handling her than I do, even though we are both Sensors. He's much more patient and listens to her better. I can be more "wooden" and unsure of what is the right thing to say, even if my dominant is Fe. That sounds really weird! But I've typed as an ESTJ 50% of the time so I might have just mistyped myself, however the ISTP has always been an ISTP.

Are there any ISTPs out there who are really good at handling emotional people? Is it because of a developed Fe? I am inclined to think he might not be an ISTP, but he fits all the other critierias well and to be honest although he is generally friendly he isn't very open with everyone - just his best friends (us), and according to him we are extremely important to him.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
Me. I have a very developed Fe and Ne. But im ISTP. XD i got the both worlds.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
IXTPs can be quite skilled at handling difficult social situations because of their calm reserve. It's usually the ones who go around acting like they are above others due to their "superior" logic and intellectual ability who can't navigate social situations gracefully.

Saying that, they just won't prefer to put a lot of emotional energy into trying to optimize and manage a network of relationships... but will tend to be patient for those who are relevant in their life.

EonsInTheNight

MBTI Type
INFP
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is she 9w8? I know an ISP guy who seems a feeler on the surface, soft-spoken, very popular and agreeable, very calm but seems to think about stuff functionality wise not values/aesthetic wise like an ISFP. I assume he's ISTP 9w8 so/sp but on the surface he seems very ISFP.