• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] The Grand Scheme

sdalek

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'LL KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!

(shuffles back into cave)

Hey, Forrest Grump, back in your cave! :tongue10:

There's the attitude I've come to love. :D Party at Mycroft's cave! :party: I'll bring the tunez! :headphne:

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Try improving the web presence of this site. I just tried searching ISTJ in Google and this site isn't included in the first five pages of search results.

There're not many sharing of experiences in here, but that's how 'sensors' relate to each other, so start some sticky threads like "Mums, share your experiences with handling SP kids here" or "Got some painful experiences of dealing with SJ teammates?" etc. Experience is the key here, but not things like "what is the best definition of NF" and "the difference of feeling/thinking" etc. As long as they can relate, the definition is not important. That's how 'sensors' see things. If they can relate they will post and contribute.

Also there're some threads about 'fictional NF/NT/etc' here, so make some use of them e.g. for those who typed as INTJ, say Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice, post some of his funny conversations that illustrate his type characteristics in a separate thread... call it 'Dialogues with INTJ'. The dialogues are 'real' and are easy to relate to for the 'sensors'. It's like 'oh so that's what an INTJ is like...I know some of them!' They can contribute to the threads too with their real life conversations with INTJ. You can get them involved this way.

There's also a need of simple definitions of what is NF NT SJ SP in their respective forums. Emphasize their differences.

And yeah we do post in forums. Just give us a reason to post.

I once knew an ISTJ who's brother was an ISTJ who's friend was an ISTJ who had an uncle that was an ISTJ who was hired by an ISTJ who worked for an ISTJ that was adopted by an ISTJ parent that believe that ISTJ children would take over the world and impose ISTJ standards on everyone whether they be an ISTJ or not because an ISTJ is obviously the most superior personality type unless the ISTJ has a son who's an ISTJ that has a daughter that's an ISTJ that works for a farmer who's an ISTJ that thinks most of his farm animals act ISTJ.

Do you think the previous sentence will bump this forum up on the google search results? I don't know much about that kind of stuff.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most threads here are started by N's inquiring about S types. There doesn't appear to be too many S types here. I think we need to put all of our intuitive minds together and concoct a plan to get more S types coming here. Anybody got any ideas to get us started?
You could try luring them indirectly by designing online tests to be heavily biased towards N results (at least for those viewing themselves as halfway intelligent and/or creative) and ambiguously written descriptions, leading them to search for fellow INTPs (or whatever) which they find, identify with to a great extent, then slowly realize they don't fit in perfectly and gradually discover they are one of those awful S's after all! But then they stay because they like the forum even if it is 99% N-people, some of whom aren't particularly...friendly...though those ones are usually fun to poke at with sticks.

Hey, it worked for me anyway :)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Maybe we need a popular non-typology section that S's will be interested in. Then we can label them and spy on them while they're busy talking about S type stuff.

At first I was thinking we could give out candy or free t-shirts for signing up.

I still have not received my candy and t-shirt. :hi:

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
You could try luring them indirectly by designing online tests to be heavily biased towards N results (at least for those viewing themselves as halfway intelligent and/or creative) and ambiguously written descriptions, leading them to search for fellow INTPs (or whatever) which they find, identify with to a great extent, then slowly realize they don't fit in perfectly and gradually discover they are one of those awful S's after all! But then they stay because they like the forum even if it is 99% N-people, some of whom aren't particularly...friendly...though those ones are usually fun to poke at with sticks.

Actually you described exactly how and why I came to be here. In general sensing types are going to extract what they need, apply it and move on. I probably type more than usual because I am locked to a desk and office. If I were not, then my post numbers would be considerably lower.

wolfy

awsm

I agree, this sounds like me too. Though I never was too keen on being intp. Every man and his dog is intp on the net.

What KMCE wrote is true. Experiences with sensor types, that kind of discussion would be interesting. Also real world applications, how it applies to learning, work etc.

I love theory but...

Here's the question
Now I know my type... What shall I do. What can I do.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Who said threads about gardening/entertaining/tinkering/playing/relationship-building would be fluffy? I assume posts about gardening would consist of more than "lol" or "hahaha" or "omg."

Furthermore, do we not have an entire subforum called "The Fluff Zone?" That doesn't sound like a forum that is against fluffy posts as a principle. :)

But anyway, that's a really good idea. Maybe we should add some channels.

Could someone please define what is meant by a "fluffy" post?

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I still have not received my candy and t-shirt. :hi:

The staff here did not like my idea and haven't implemented it. Therefore, if you want candy or a shirt, you'll have to buy it yourself. If you want an MBTIc shirt, then you'll probably have make it yourself or pay somebody to make one.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
The staff here did not like my idea and haven't implemented it. Therefore, if you want candy or a shirt, you'll have to buy it yourself. If you want an MBTIc shirt, then you'll probably have make it yourself or pay somebody to make one.

Harsh. :(

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ah! I came out as 100% P in the official testing, and my N wasn't so pronounced 40% or so. I seem to have excellent attention to detail, and I dont have any of the indicators I would expect (I am not clumsy, I notice when something is amiss). I can throw and catch, I have natural aptitude with something like bat and ball. Are these relevant indicators? Could I be a sensor in such a way? How would I know?

Sounds like fun, anyway.

-Geoff

I think the S/N weaknesses are overexaggerated sometimes. Really it's not that hard for an N to see details and and S to see patterns/connections/etc.

If you have natural aptitude with something like a bat and a ball it doesn't mean you're an S type.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

If you can't handle the truth, then you need to associate with a bunch of F types that delude themselves. Was that harsh to. I'm sorry. :D

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you can't handle the truth, then you need to associate with a bunch of F types that delude themselves. Was that harsh to. I'm sorry. :D

It's all good. High five? :hi:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the S/N weaknesses are overexaggerated sometimes. Really it's not that hard for an N to see details and and S to see patterns/connections/etc.

If you have natural aptitude with something like a bat and a ball it doesn't mean you're an S type.

Well, that's true. I am always the advocate of doing things in terms of gradients and stackings rather than having it be boolean. I must admit that other than being decent at action video-games, I am the epitome of the crippled N. My INTJ brother once told me that I am the most spacially oblivious person he has ever known. I have a remarkable tendency to search for hours for a book or CD, only to learn that my gaze passed right over it dozens of times. And yes, I am completely inept with a ball and a bat.

But that's just how I score. My S percentages are incredibly low, and when I take raw function tests, Se is in eighth place and Si is in seventh. People like my INTJ brother, while still more N than S, are substantially more S than me. :yes:

onecoolguy

MBTI Type
ESTP
I'm an S. I joined because I realized this MBTI thing is really interesting and helps me in reading and understanding my outside world better. I would love to know how to quickly type someone to increase my chances of getting better interaction with them. I view the world as a friendly game of chess, and this just gives me more tools in my arsenal to be better at it. I guess I am much more open than most, or I have realized that facing weakness (theories and abstraction and such) will ultimately paint a better "big picture" for me. In other words, maximizing peoples' usefulness for my benefit. Yes, I'm all about myself in the end. Sigh.

Kleinheiko

MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm an S, and some of the most interesting threads on MBTIc are those where we are trying to compare and contrast things, particularly solid real world things. Such as when people ask for help on which mp3 player to buy or which restaurant to frequent. It may sound dull to you N's, but I can spend an awful long time enjoying commentating on the ups and downs of particular bits of electronic equipment and particular flavors of food.

I think we also should start a "How to quickly type people in the real world" thread. I'm probably gonna go start this right after I'm done posting this reply.