User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I'LL KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!

(shuffles back into cave)
    Hey, Forrest Grump, back in your cave!

There's the attitude I've come to love. Party at Mycroft's cave! I'll bring the tunez!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by KMCE View Post
    Try improving the web presence of this site. I just tried searching ISTJ in Google and this site isn't included in the first five pages of search results.

There're not many sharing of experiences in here, but that's how 'sensors' relate to each other, so start some sticky threads like "Mums, share your experiences with handling SP kids here" or "Got some painful experiences of dealing with SJ teammates?" etc. Experience is the key here, but not things like "what is the best definition of NF" and "the difference of feeling/thinking" etc. As long as they can relate, the definition is not important. That's how 'sensors' see things. If they can relate they will post and contribute.

Also there're some threads about 'fictional NF/NT/etc' here, so make some use of them e.g. for those who typed as INTJ, say Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice, post some of his funny conversations that illustrate his type characteristics in a separate thread... call it 'Dialogues with INTJ'. The dialogues are 'real' and are easy to relate to for the 'sensors'. It's like 'oh so that's what an INTJ is like...I know some of them!' They can contribute to the threads too with their real life conversations with INTJ. You can get them involved this way.

There's also a need of simple definitions of what is NF NT SJ SP in their respective forums. Emphasize their differences.

And yeah we do post in forums. Just give us a reason to post.

I once knew an ISTJ who's brother was an ISTJ who's friend was an ISTJ who had an uncle that was an ISTJ who was hired by an ISTJ who worked for an ISTJ that was adopted by an ISTJ parent that believe that ISTJ children would take over the world and impose ISTJ standards on everyone whether they be an ISTJ or not because an ISTJ is obviously the most superior personality type unless the ISTJ has a son who's an ISTJ that has a daughter that's an ISTJ that works for a farmer who's an ISTJ that thinks most of his farm animals act ISTJ.

Do you think the previous sentence will bump this forum up on the google search results? I don't know much about that kind of stuff.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    Most threads here are started by N's inquiring about S types. There doesn't appear to be too many S types here. I think we need to put all of our intuitive minds together and concoct a plan to get more S types coming here. Anybody got any ideas to get us started?
    You could try luring them indirectly by designing online tests to be heavily biased towards N results (at least for those viewing themselves as halfway intelligent and/or creative) and ambiguously written descriptions, leading them to search for fellow INTPs (or whatever) which they find, identify with to a great extent, then slowly realize they don't fit in perfectly and gradually discover they are one of those awful S's after all! But then they stay because they like the forum even if it is 99% N-people, some of whom aren't particularly...friendly...though those ones are usually fun to poke at with sticks.

Hey, it worked for me anyway

MBTI
    ISTP

Yo Wassup INxx Hos!

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    Maybe we need a popular non-typology section that S's will be interested in. Then we can label them and spy on them while they're busy talking about S type stuff.

At first I was thinking we could give out candy or free t-shirts for signing up.
    I still have not received my candy and t-shirt.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    You could try luring them indirectly by designing online tests to be heavily biased towards N results (at least for those viewing themselves as halfway intelligent and/or creative) and ambiguously written descriptions, leading them to search for fellow INTPs (or whatever) which they find, identify with to a great extent, then slowly realize they don't fit in perfectly and gradually discover they are one of those awful S's after all! But then they stay because they like the forum even if it is 99% N-people, some of whom aren't particularly...friendly...though those ones are usually fun to poke at with sticks.

Actually you described exactly how and why I came to be here. In general sensing types are going to extract what they need, apply it and move on. I probably type more than usual because I am locked to a desk and office. If I were not, then my post numbers would be considerably lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post

I agree, this sounds like me too. Though I never was too keen on being intp. Every man and his dog is intp on the net.

What KMCE wrote is true. Experiences with sensor types, that kind of discussion would be interesting. Also real world applications, how it applies to learning, work etc.

I love theory but...

Here's the question
    Now I know my type... What shall I do. What can I do.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Who said threads about gardening/entertaining/tinkering/playing/relationship-building would be fluffy? I assume posts about gardening would consist of more than "lol" or "hahaha" or "omg."

Furthermore, do we not have an entire subforum called "The Fluff Zone?" That doesn't sound like a forum that is against fluffy posts as a principle.

But anyway, that's a really good idea. Maybe we should add some channels.
    Could someone please define what is meant by a "fluffy" post?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Could someone please define what is meant by a "fluffy" post?
    A post that is deficient in seriousness or importance, is how I'd define it.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I still have not received my candy and t-shirt.
    The staff here did not like my idea and haven't implemented it. Therefore, if you want candy or a shirt, you'll have to buy it yourself. If you want an MBTIc shirt, then you'll probably have make it yourself or pay somebody to make one.