User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Who said threads about gardening/entertaining/tinkering/playing/relationship-building would be fluffy? I assume posts about gardening would consist of more than "lol" or "hahaha" or "omg."

Furthermore, do we not have an entire subforum called "The Fluff Zone?" That doesn't sound like a forum that is against fluffy posts as a principle.

But anyway, that's a really good idea. Maybe we should add some channels.
    Well, I'm just pointing out that there are two ways to put something under a microscope so you can poke and prod it: squish and kill it (which has been tried elsewhere and here :steam: ), or set bait and feed it.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    Most threads here are started by N's inquiring about S types. There doesn't appear to be too many S types here. I think we need to put all of our intuitive minds together and concoct a plan to get more S types coming here. Anybody got any ideas to get us started?
    I think there are a lot more Ss than people realize (who mistype themselves N) because they get good grades, or have have high IQ etc. Most people erroneously equate N with being smarter, so they mistype themselves sadly.

I personally prefer some S types over N types individually. I think that's the single biggest misunderstanding of MBTI in general.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

True. I also think that an introverted S can look like an N-- the "living inside your own head" thing is sort of correlated with I and N.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    type

Sensor artists often misidentify as iNtuitors.

Also, strongly preferring to extravert the perceiving function tends to nudge the S:N scale towards N. So if the J:P is strongly P and the S:N is mildly N, a closer look via self-verification is recommended.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    ERTP

I personally prefer some S types over N types individually. I think that's the single biggest misunderstanding of MBTI in general.
    please elaborate

preferably, even in detail - which S types do you prefer to which n-types and why?

i personally value the fact that my friends can make me think of things in a different light. as such, the only n type that that hasnt beaten the sensers in making me think would be the infp.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    Sensor artists often misidentify as iNtuitors.

Also, strongly preferring to extravert the perceiving function tends to nudge the S:N scale towards N. So if the J:P is strongly P and the S:N is mildly N, a closer look via self-verification is recommended.
    Ah! I came out as 100% P in the official testing, and my N wasn't so pronounced 40% or so. I seem to have excellent attention to detail, and I dont have any of the indicators I would expect (I am not clumsy, I notice when something is amiss). I can throw and catch, I have natural aptitude with something like bat and ball. Are these relevant indicators? Could I be a sensor in such a way? How would I know?

Sounds like fun, anyway.

-Geoff

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Ah! I came out as 100% P in the official testing, and my N wasn't so pronounced 40% or so. I seem to have excellent attention to detail, and I dont have any of the indicators I would expect (I am not clumsy, I notice when something is amiss). I can throw and catch, I have natural aptitude with something like bat and ball. Are these relevant indicators? Could I be a sensor in such a way? How would I know?

Sounds like fun, anyway.

-Geoff
    You might be a Sensor. I'm not sure what to make of your scores--is the midline 0? Anyway, it is something that my instructor cautioned us about. JPT had an article about artists and SP/NP confusion in 2006, too.

Heh.

Sounds like a good name for a thread. "You might be a Sensor if...." If we could keep it out of snarky land.

"You might be an iNtuitor if...."

Hey--a whole series!
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ISFx

I'm afraid this forum would be even less interesting with more S-types as it is now.
    ()

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    Perhaps someone should ask some of the Sensors what we can do?

NOT IT!
    Try improving the web presence of this site. I just tried searching ISTJ in Google and this site isn't included in the first five pages of search results.

There're not many sharing of experiences in here, but that's how 'sensors' relate to each other, so start some sticky threads like "Mums, share your experiences with handling SP kids here" or "Got some painful experiences of dealing with SJ teammates?" etc. Experience is the key here, but not things like "what is the best definition of NF" and "the difference of feeling/thinking" etc. As long as they can relate, the definition is not important. That's how 'sensors' see things. If they can relate they will post and contribute.

Also there're some threads about 'fictional NF/NT/etc' here, so make some use of them e.g. for those who typed as INTJ, say Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice, post some of his funny conversations that illustrate his type characteristics in a separate thread... call it 'Dialogues with INTJ'. The dialogues are 'real' and are easy to relate to for the 'sensors'. It's like 'oh so that's what an INTJ is like...I know some of them!' They can contribute to the threads too with their real life conversations with INTJ. You can get them involved this way.

There's also a need of simple definitions of what is NF NT SJ SP in their respective forums. Emphasize their differences.

And yeah we do post in forums. Just give us a reason to post.
    "Man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated."
    - Ernest Hemingway

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sdalek View Post
    Maybe if you be nice, friendly, and out-going???
    I'LL KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!

(shuffles back into cave)