• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also, type 9. [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION] is a 6 and we all know sixes are the :devil:

But yeah, sixes show their anger more readily but I have found still waters (nines) run deep with theirs. Undercurrents.

Yeah, I only let mine out on occasion. It can get crazy deep and vicious. It's like a chained up deamon.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So, you enjoy lower order shallow thinking? Isn't that stereotypical? Honestly and not type related, but if you don't use higher order thinking it doesn't build on itself and expand. It's like saying I can run,I just choose not to. When asked to run a marathon you cant do it. But you can run 1/4 mile.

I like calling it "quick thinking" over "shallow thinking". ;) I have used it and built on it in the past.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like calling it "quick thinking" over "shallow thinking". ;) I have used it and built on it in the past.

Lol, whatever floats your boat. I consider my Se shallow, picks up a lot, but doesn't really dissect or hold onto it like a deeper Si does.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hello SP's an others ! Now my turn to answer the type description.
I'd say only 50 per cent is correct IN THE BIG LINE for me.

* - Warm and optimistic, often times refusing to recognize gloom and doom.
Optimistic and realistic. Warm with friends. Observant with strangers. I recognise gloom and doom but I wanna avoid it as quick as I can or fight against it.

* - Clever, voluble, charming and open to the environment; often outstanding conversationalists.
Not voluble. I'm deep and open at the same time, a real philosopher...

* - Fun to be with, a performer.

Not always...that depends on what you will say to me...and how much I like you being around me...

* - Avoids being alone.

NOPE. I love being alone. No more than 2 days. But most of all I like to choose who I'm with, not just company. Having a real feeling is important.

* - Loves excitement.
I've learnt to love silence and to listen to it too...

* - Generous to a fault.
* - Subject to temptations, self-indulgent.
Yes but that's all good as I respect myself...

* - LOW tolerance for anxiety.
SURE. We probably live once so we'd better live well !

* - Relies heavily on personal experiences and common sense; not deeply interested in scholastic pursuits, wanting knowledge only for immediate utility.
NO. I love philosophy for example. And I love to learn languages. I do have a lot of common sense and I refer to my past stories to avoid mistakes.

* - Gives an impression of being extremely alert, by their realism in accepting whatever exists at the moment can lead them into being oblivious to differences between quality and quantity of relationships.

YES. As if I had 35 eyes:whacko:. They are EVERYWHERE at the same time ! I can be reading a book and focused on it and at the same time looking at the boy in front of me thinking he'd be a nice dessert and thinking of what I'm going to do when going out from the train, listening to my music and really enjoy it, then thinking about my shopping list and writing it down with enthusiasm, then go back to the reading and know exactly where I was....then look for a word in the dictionary etc ...etc. I am very much into QUALITY. I don't like to lose my precious time and energy.

* - Focus on the immediate leaves him/her with a low tolerance for procedures, routines, and anything else that stands in the way of immediate gratification.

I don't agree with that statement. Even in routines there is something to enjoy deeply... Immediate gratification can be boring. Waiting for something can be more exciting...

* - "Live and Let Live."

:yes:
* - Ultimate realists in regards to the outer world.
:yapyapyap:I don't think so !

* - Often feels that "no one takes me seriously."

Not anymore. It took me almost 25 years to take myself seriously and...to accept tenderness.

* - Spontaneous and immediate nature.
spontaneous yes. Immediate.....I like to think over and analyse things and people a lot so...
* - Makes more starts than finishes.
The best is...not to start anything :content::wacko:
* - Easygoing.
Sure:notype:

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
I've been reading Keirsey lately, and noticed something: I'm good with words. Like, I hear about it all the time: "You're so articulate, you should write a novel, I love the way you write". Even though I'm not saying anything of substance, I'm apparently really good at saying it well.

Supposedly, since speech and writing are abstract, ISFPs aren't the best at them. That said, I'm also terrible at physical art (drawing, etc). I'd love to learn though.

I'm also really bad at doing relevant things. My Se mainly just comes out in impulsiveness - overeating, reckless spending, etc. It ain't fun.

free electron

MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
5w6
I have no interest whatsoever in mechanics...like not at all.
I can be really clumsy, so much for that "very manual individuals" thing.
Sure I like to live in the moment and stuff, but when it comes to important things I do plan at least some directives to follow!
And finally yes, I do read books, learn from them and actually enjoy it, thank you very much.

Gypsy-Flux

- I'm not a push-over by any means like I've seen ISFPs described
- I'm generally not reckless, though there are times (rarely) when I feel possessed by a spirit of ultra-spontaneity and make snap decisions on things.
- I save money and am careful with it -- due to necessity and circumstance more than anything
- Obtained a university edumacation so I can think abstract thoughts and stuff. Granted, university was not my natural habitat and I had to really force myself to develop good study habits and discipline there. It was a pain in the ass but somehow I managed...

Other than that I can identify with most of the ISFP descriptions...

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESTP? Oooh, this is gonna be juicy...

- I'm empathetic; I have enough foresight to understand and resonate with others' pain to the point where I can give an xNFx a run for her money, but I can't usually make anything concrete enough to do anything about it; and every time I do, people accuse me of 'jumping to conclusions'

- I'm apparently "autistic" (or at least was officially diagnosed as a borderline high-functioning case at one point, to the point where they even wanted to do research on me because I was an atypical case, since my social "deficits" were really more my inability to want to cooperate with plans. But because my psychiatrist saw the psychological damage of it warping me into a depressed pill-popper, it has since been stricken from the record)

- I have issues with self-confidence (but a lot of this comes from baggage and feeling like I'll always be regarded by others as a "douche," or the fact that I see others rolling over and deferring to authority figures to get ahead in life, which I have REFUSED to do since preschool; part of the reason for my aforementioned diagnosis)

- I'm also, apparently, 'neurotic', as in it's really easy to get me to be irritable or in a $#!++y mood.

- I'm not a "daredevil"; I'll walk along a cliff edge to get other people's attention sometimes, but I'm not an adrenaline junkie...that stuff can wear you down after a while.

- I'm actually fairly booksmart, especially in regards to the human body/related medicine. But part of this arises from my interest in action movies and wanting to know the limits and mechanics of the human body so that I can make my own fiction realistic...that, and I may or may not have a weird thing for gore. *SHOT*

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can't really think of anything, I am very much an ISTP, but I am not always a total daredevil (although I like my fair share of that) and my dad is an n type so I've got practice dealing with n types and my ni might be a little more active than it would be otherwise.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's a difference with FPs as much as with SP's, but how easily I turn away from my inner compass in favor of the object's structures and expectations.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was a valedictorian senior year of high school (one of 14, lolz -- hey, my H.S. was full of over-achievers), and also excelled at math and science courses. I'm also smart with budgeting and time management. There are probably tons of other things as well - stereotypes. But honestly as far as many type descriptions, I relate very much to them. It's just many of the stereotypes tied to F/T and P/J that I don't relate to.

ISFP's aren't 'supposed' to be skilled at these sorts of things.

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
How do I not fit the description. Hmmmm?

-Not particularly athletic, not very good reflexes or hand/eye coordination
-Not a risk taker, I would consider myself a weiner
-According to some, I actually have a talent for writing and people keep telling me I am deep or thoughtful, but I am just faking it supposed talent for verbal communication too
-Not able to excel in everything that deals with the senses. For example, when I cook, it is hit or miss and I wasn't the best musician. Maybe if I had chosen a different instrument
-Not materialistic, prefer to live simply
-No real personal expressed through clothing, hairstyle, etc....
-Not really good looking
-Have/had a tendency to get lost in my imagination
-Use metaphors kind of a lot
-I don't know what they mean they ISFPs are one person one day and another the next

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
do you really plan things out? generally i much prefer to figure out what to do in the moment, but i was explaining to someone recently the difference between planning, and what i often do which is more of a precognition of various possible outcomes and situations so i have the tools (in that case, the thoughts) available if i need them.

to me, planning seems pointless because there is really no way of knowing what is going to happen and any alteration makes your detailed plans useless. however, i am almost always the most prepared person of the bunch, which requires thinking ahead. this always seemed fundamentally different from the people i know who want to get into the details of what's going to happen and what they plan to do from a long ways off.

that one's pretty accurate for me, personally. :) as long as it isnt harmful, im always looking to broaden my scope of perspective by experiencing new things. just today, i took some vicodin after going to the dentist and it was the first time i had taken it... even something stupid and relatively unimportant like that seems novel to me since it's a new experience.

I have come to a similar conclusion. Never a planner, but honestly I agree that planning is a futile effort. I mean I guess it is good to some planning obviously, but life will always throw a curve ball at some point. In general I feel people shouldn't get too attached to their plans because life probably isn't going to work out the way you wanted it too, which means it could be better then you ever could have known if you had stuck to your plan.

solpi

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love being in charge and leading, I can't be a follower for shit. I'm not bossy at all though. I micromanage as well.

I also enjoy theories and abstract concepts in lectures.

I'm pretty much a stereotypical artistic ISFP except for some things:

- I am not completely 'there' all the time. My dad and sister both say I need to come back down to reality all the time. I'm always daydreaming about something.

- I consider myself an idealist. Nothing is ever good enough and I am usually left disappointed when things don't go the way I imagine.

- I think of the future all the time, especially in daydreams. I've been like this since I was very little, thinking about how I would be like as an adult, what my career would be, how certain events will come into play, etc. Also, sometimes I think of different scenarios of how past events could have gone, mainly to how I would have desired them to.

- I use a lot of metaphors in my artwork.

- I am horrible at all sports. I have pretty bad hand-eye coordination.

- I misplace everything all the time.

- I sometimes will walk into a room having in mind what I need to do, and then at the drop of a second forget what I was in there for. I have terrible short-term memory loss.

- I am not an adventurous person and would rather just stay indoors and do my own thing. Never was the party animal/drinking type.

- I'm not necessarily a fan of music if it is just for the 'beat' and it sounds good. Generally it needs something more for me to like it, even if it's totally bizarre and out there (I would probably like it for those very reasons :D).

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
I enjoy discussing and understand abstract concepts. I hate that there's this idea that Sensors aren't capable of playing with many ideas, and that Se users are especially made out to be superficial.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I enjoy discussing and understand abstract concepts. I hate that there's this idea that Sensors aren't capable of playing with many ideas, and that Se users are especially made out to be superficial.

They should change ordering of letter. We would be ITSP or IFSP and Js as ISxJ. They are more "S" then we are. Ordering of letters creates a horrible impression of or dominant functions

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I read fantasy novels for fun

I got a full ride academic scholarship to college (and offers to quite a few others)

I don't watch sports because they are boring... the only sport I do is hiking

I hate parties and don't drink or do drugs

I only bully bullies, because they have it coming :yes:

I've been in a relationship with the same man for 8 or so years... I don't cheat on him and I'm not bored with him

I have 2 friends who I see regularly IRL... though I have plenty more who I see regularly online :)

I'm on this site...

groups of people scare me... crowds are objects of terror... I avoid festivals and concerts

I feel really guilty when I think about manipulating people :(

I'm a girl person

Hex

MBTI Type
ISFP
I'm good with words/writing. I also like reading a lot. Apparently, those are INFP things.