• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
General Description of the ESFP:

* - Warm and optimistic, often times refusing to recognize gloom and doom.
* - Clever, voluble, charming and open to the environment; often outstanding conversationalists.
* - Fun to be with, a performer.

* - Avoids being alone.
* - Loves excitement.
* - Generous to a fault.
* - Subject to temptations, self-indulgent.
* - LOW tolerance for anxiety.
* - Relies heavily on personal experiences and common sense; not deeply interested in scholastic pursuits, wanting knowledge only for immediate utility.
* - Gives an impression of being extremely alert, by their realism in accepting whatever exists at the moment can lead them into being oblivious to differences between quality and quantity of relationships.
* - Focus on the immediate leaves him/her with a low tolerance for procedures, routines, and anything else that stands in the way of immediate gratification.
* - "Live and Let Live."
* - Ultimate realists in regards to the outer world.
* - Often feels that "no one takes me seriously."
* - Spontaneous and immediate nature.
* - Makes more starts than finishes.
* - Easygoing.

I don't like being alone, but I don't mind it that much.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lot of ISTP descriptions say "laid back". I'm definitely not laid back. I've always been very restless in nature. I don't like to sit still when there's something to do.

I'm pretty organized and sort of a neat freak/minimalist. I don't like clutter.

I don't hide my feelings that much anymore and I'm not as private as I used to be. As I get older I tend to say what I think without caring about the repercussions.

Sunny Ghost

i hate sports, and i'm not very athletic. i'm quite lethargic, really. however, i do enjoy walks. i used to be an avid runner... but those days are long gone. i do enjoy hikes and the like, but it's been a minute since i've done that, too. and if it counts, i do enjoy dancing.

i'm not that hip and stylish. i suppose... i can be when i want to be and i am in tune with what is stylish. i am very much on the poor side and can never really afford new and nice clothes. but even so, i've always been more into comfort than style.

i'm not always in the here and now. sometimes i'm in the past and other times in the future. sometimes, i don't know where i go. although, it is often being in the present and taking in the world via the senses that brings me the most happiness.

though i once was a very shy and timid child, i learned to eventually become slightly more comfortable around people. though i can be anxious, i've learned to work my way around this and charm the pants off of people. but, it really just depends on my mood and the day. other times, i just aloof.

though i can be impulsive, and was a reckless youngster, i do think through my decisions. i'll often want to take off to do this or that, but my more logical side will tell me it's best not to due to certain circumstances. "you don't need to waste that money." "you have to work in the morning." etc. however, i had to learn to think this way the hard way and it took quite a bit to calm me down.

DoctorYikes

MBTI Type
ISTP
Lot of ISTP descriptions say "laid back". I'm definitely not laid back. I've always been very restless in nature. I don't like to sit still when there's something to do.

I'm pretty organized and sort of a neat freak/minimalist. I don't like clutter.

I don't hide my feelings that much anymore and I'm not as private as I used to be. As I get older I tend to say what I think without caring about the repercussions.

Pretty on-board with this, although I could see how the 'Laid Back' thing fits depending on how you interpret it. I'm also very restless, and if I don't get out of the house/work on some project/do something physical on any given day I get rapid onset cabin fever. At the same time, I'm generally calm and unflappable... So, 'Active' and 'Laid Back' don't seem mutually exclusive to me.

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
It says I'm not the long term commitment type and that's just not true. I do flirt with other men A LOT and if my boyfriends ever did the same I would be extremely jealous and mad at them. I do not believe in blind commitment in that I just plain won't stay with someone just because I said I would. In that sense, I always have my eyes open for a better prospect, and if it comes along, I will take it, but that has only happened once. I have only been in bad relationships though and I think that if I was with good men, I wouldn't have any reason to be interested in anyone else. Anyway, I have been married for 7 years before and my current relationship is 2 years. So I'm hardly not the long term commitment type.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
fertile imagination - I never take offense - Can organize and plan, can infer and anticipate

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I love education. I want to learn something new every day. So Relies heavily on personal experiences and common sense; not deeply interested in scholastic pursuits, wanting knowledge only for immediate utility. does not apply to me. In fact, if I could be a professional student (without going hopelessly into debt), I would. I would study art history, painting, jewelry design, archaeology, music theory, even mathematics and science (not strong areas of skill for me but I still want to learn!!!)...
I would go into a master naturalist program!
I would love to be an outdoor educator!
I would love to travel the world and learn languages and cultures...
And it does not have to be immediately useful.
I am still enriched by having the experience.

General Description of the ESFP:

* - Warm and optimistic, often times refusing to recognize gloom and doom.
* - Clever, voluble, charming and open to the environment; often outstanding conversationalists.
* - Fun to be with, a performer.

* - Avoids being alone.
* - Loves excitement.
* - Generous to a fault.
* - Subject to temptations, self-indulgent.
* - LOW tolerance for anxiety.
* - Relies heavily on personal experiences and common sense; not deeply interested in scholastic pursuits, wanting knowledge only for immediate utility.
* - Gives an impression of being extremely alert, by their realism in accepting whatever exists at the moment can lead them into being oblivious to differences between quality and quantity of relationships.
* - Focus on the immediate leaves him/her with a low tolerance for procedures, routines, and anything else that stands in the way of immediate gratification.
* - "Live and Let Live."
* - Ultimate realists in regards to the outer world.
* - Often feels that "no one takes me seriously."
* - Spontaneous and immediate nature.
* - Makes more starts than finishes.
* - Easygoing.

I don't like being alone, but I don't mind it that much.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
General Description of the ESTP

- Men and women of action, for most of the week, yes, though on weekends I can be as lazy as hell :laugh:
- Conciliator and negotiator par excellence. Ummm... I'm so indecisive that I make everyone else come up with what's being negotiated... I'm confused... not enough :coffee:
- Attractive, friendly style. I have no style! :steam: I'm apparently friendly though :cheese:
- Lend excitement and unpredictability to the relationship. I'm the relationship weirdo... but he's pretty weird too :unsure:
- Deep commitments do not always occur in the lives of ESTPs. I've failed at this one! I'm with someone and quite committed to them :wubbie:
- Have a low tolerance for anxiety. stress makes me ill :sick:
- Apt to avoid or leave situations that are filled with interpersonal tensions. ugh... I'm not going to be everyone's emotional babysitter when I'm having fun... I do it enough at work! :doh:
- When all else fails, read the directions." what are these "directions" they speak of? :thelook:
- Heavily action oriented type. is fidgeting a form of action? :huh:
- Ultimate realist with the lowest tolerance for unrelated theory. theory interests me if it applies to something that I find interesting- otherwise why bother?
- Open to any new alternative. not if it involves clowns :boohoo:
- Act now, pay later. depends on the situation- jail sucks :thumbdown:
- Short attention span. I constantly get that one pointed out to me :sadbanana:
- Oblivious to established norms and procedures. :ninja:
- Lack of orderliness can be extremely frustrating to those around them. only to the Js dammit :steam:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Im not what people read between the lines of ISTP descriptions

kitsunegari

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
- I'm not outdoorsy or athletic at all. Hates sports and excersise! (Booooring!)
- Not that super logical when I reason (at least I think not)
- Work with an artistic profession, though could never be a true artist (like doing paintings that I could pick the motive for). I work as a production designer, which is more about reacting to the directors wishes (that's kind of problem solving though, if you put it that way), than coming up with a totally new concept out of the blue.

And oh, I'm not "all out of style" that ISTP's often are described to be... I'm really into fashion and care a lot of what other people think of me.

Last edited:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
- I don't really like cars or any other such mechanical avocations.
- I don't like high-risk physical activities such as skydiving (mostly because I see them as being pointless wastes of time and effort.)
- I am and have always been academically inclined, and "abstract" learning methods are no hindrance to me in that regard.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In no way that's "good".

Zentrifulgal

MBTI Type
ESTP
My biggest points are:

- I have absolutely no problems with theory

- I don't just jump into things without thinking in advance. I always want to have an overview over the situation I'm dealing with first.
But I can see how it might appear to others as if I am just rushing into something when I already have a good idea what I'm dealing with. And sometimes it seems that I just think faster - this could have to do with the "holographic-panoramic cognition style" that Victor Gulenko describes in an article you can read on wikisocion:
wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Gulenko_Cognitive_Styles

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Only 2 jobs in 15 years

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I feel like this describes me, but Ti is actually my demonic function. I'm not an E9, and it took research to understand that yes there are ISFP like Eminem, so how am I too contrary to be one, in comparison I'm somewhat more tame.

3a970becfa21ef32a84d46b43081afd4.jpg

I mean, that's pretty much me in a nutshell, but I'm no ISTP.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel like this describes me, but Ti is actually my demonic function. I'm not an E9, and it took research to understand that yes there are ISFP like Eminem, so how am I too contrary to be one, in comparison I'm somewhat more tame.

View attachment 15358

I mean, that's pretty much me in a nutshell, but I'm no ISTP.

Based on that...i am different because I don't have the uncontrollable anger issues. My Ti disables it for the most part.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't honestly have an issue with most ISFP type descriptions, think they mostly fit. They emphasize broad elements/traits, which tend to be true for me, and they don't get into any negative stereotyping, from what I've seen (ie isfp's can't do this, are incapable of that, etc)

Anything that goes 'against' what an isfp is supposed to be like is tied to what is said online about isfp's in context of forums, statistics re all of the types (and I think there are SO many issues with those statistics and how people use them), what people say about isfp's they know, thus thinking others may be just like that, etc.

So... I was always good at math and science and did well in school/in testing (iow I can think), I show up to things on time ;), I am not a superficial person, I'm not reckless, and I have the capacity to do things outside of my preferences. :shrug:

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can process higher thinking, I just choose not to unless something really captures me. I choose not to consciously and unconsciously.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can process higher thinking, I just choose not to unless something really captures me. I choose not to consciously and unconsciously.

So, you enjoy lower order shallow thinking? Isn't that stereotypical? Honestly and not type related, but if you don't use higher order thinking it doesn't build on itself and expand. It's like saying I can run,I just choose not to. When asked to run a marathon you cant do it. But you can run 1/4 mile.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Based on that...i am different because I don't have the uncontrollable anger issues. My Ti disables it for the most part.

Also, type 9. [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION] is a 6 and we all know sixes are the :devil:

But yeah, sixes show their anger more readily but I have found still waters (nines) run deep with theirs. Undercurrents.