User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: SP, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?

MBTI
    eSTP

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Also, type 9. @Marmotini is a 6 and we all know sixes are the

But yeah, sixes show their anger more readily but I have found still waters (nines) run deep with theirs. Undercurrents.
    Yeah, I only let mine out on occasion. It can get crazy deep and vicious. It's like a chained up deamon.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

Don't Dream It, Be It Array Masokissed's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    So, you enjoy lower order shallow thinking? Isn't that stereotypical? Honestly and not type related, but if you don't use higher order thinking it doesn't build on itself and expand. It's like saying I can run,I just choose not to. When asked to run a marathon you cant do it. But you can run 1/4 mile.
    I like calling it "quick thinking" over "shallow thinking". I have used it and built on it in the past.

We shall not cease from exploration
    And the end of all our exploring
    Will be to arrive where we started
    And know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot

Likes Poki, Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

MBTI
    eSTP

Quote Originally Posted by Corn Dispenser View Post
    I like calling it "quick thinking" over "shallow thinking". I have used it and built on it in the past.
    Lol, whatever floats your boat. I consider my Se shallow, picks up a lot, but doesn't really dissect or hold onto it like a deeper Si does.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.
    Likes Masokissed liked this post

Senior Member Array RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Hello SP's an others ! Now my turn to answer the type description.
    I'd say only 50 per cent is correct IN THE BIG LINE for me.

* - Warm and optimistic, often times refusing to recognize gloom and doom.
    Optimistic and realistic. Warm with friends. Observant with strangers. I recognise gloom and doom but I wanna avoid it as quick as I can or fight against it.

* - Clever, voluble, charming and open to the environment; often outstanding conversationalists.
    Not voluble. I'm deep and open at the same time, a real philosopher...

* - Fun to be with, a performer.

Not always...that depends on what you will say to me...and how much I like you being around me...

* - Avoids being alone.

NOPE. I love being alone. No more than 2 days. But most of all I like to choose who I'm with, not just company. Having a real feeling is important.

* - Loves excitement.
    I've learnt to love silence and to listen to it too...

* - Generous to a fault.
    * - Subject to temptations, self-indulgent.
    Yes but that's all good as I respect myself...

* - LOW tolerance for anxiety.
    SURE. We probably live once so we'd better live well !

* - Relies heavily on personal experiences and common sense; not deeply interested in scholastic pursuits, wanting knowledge only for immediate utility.
    NO. I love philosophy for example. And I love to learn languages. I do have a lot of common sense and I refer to my past stories to avoid mistakes.

* - Gives an impression of being extremely alert, by their realism in accepting whatever exists at the moment can lead them into being oblivious to differences between quality and quantity of relationships.

YES. As if I had 35 eyes. They are EVERYWHERE at the same time ! I can be reading a book and focused on it and at the same time looking at the boy in front of me thinking he'd be a nice dessert and thinking of what I'm going to do when going out from the train, listening to my music and really enjoy it, then thinking about my shopping list and writing it down with enthusiasm, then go back to the reading and know exactly where I was....then look for a word in the dictionary etc ...etc. I am very much into QUALITY. I don't like to lose my precious time and energy.

* - Focus on the immediate leaves him/her with a low tolerance for procedures, routines, and anything else that stands in the way of immediate gratification.

I don't agree with that statement. Even in routines there is something to enjoy deeply... Immediate gratification can be boring. Waiting for something can be more exciting...

* - "Live and Let Live."

* - Ultimate realists in regards to the outer world.
    I don't think so !

* - Often feels that "no one takes me seriously."

Not anymore. It took me almost 25 years to take myself seriously and...to accept tenderness.

* - Spontaneous and immediate nature.
    spontaneous yes. Immediate.....I like to think over and analyse things and people a lot so...
    * - Makes more starts than finishes.
    The best is...not to start anything
    * - Easygoing.
    Sure
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

Senior Member Array ThaumaturgicTheorist's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9? sp

I've been reading Keirsey lately, and noticed something: I'm good with words. Like, I hear about it all the time: "You're so articulate, you should write a novel, I love the way you write". Even though I'm not saying anything of substance, I'm apparently really good at saying it well.

Supposedly, since speech and writing are abstract, ISFPs aren't the best at them. That said, I'm also terrible at physical art (drawing, etc). I'd love to learn though.

I'm also really bad at doing relevant things. My Se mainly just comes out in impulsiveness - overeating, reckless spending, etc. It ain't fun.
    ISFP/ESI
    9w1-3w4-6w5 sp/so
    Solitary>Sensitive=Serious

"My cognitive functions include Introverted Feeling and Introverted Suffering."
    Likes Masokissed liked this post

MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    5w6

I have no interest whatsoever in mechanics...like not at all.
    I can be really clumsy, so much for that "very manual individuals" thing.
    Sure I like to live in the moment and stuff, but when it comes to important things I do plan at least some directives to follow!
    And finally yes, I do read books, learn from them and actually enjoy it, thank you very much.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

- I'm not a push-over by any means like I've seen ISFPs described
    - I'm generally not reckless, though there are times (rarely) when I feel possessed by a spirit of ultra-spontaneity and make snap decisions on things.
    - I save money and am careful with it -- due to necessity and circumstance more than anything
    - Obtained a university edumacation so I can think abstract thoughts and stuff. Granted, university was not my natural habitat and I had to really force myself to develop good study habits and discipline there. It was a pain in the ass but somehow I managed...

Other than that I can identify with most of the ISFP descriptions...

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

ESTP? Oooh, this is gonna be juicy...

- I'm empathetic; I have enough foresight to understand and resonate with others' pain to the point where I can give an xNFx a run for her money, but I can't usually make anything concrete enough to do anything about it; and every time I do, people accuse me of 'jumping to conclusions'

- I'm apparently "autistic" (or at least was officially diagnosed as a borderline high-functioning case at one point, to the point where they even wanted to do research on me because I was an atypical case, since my social "deficits" were really more my inability to want to cooperate with plans. But because my psychiatrist saw the psychological damage of it warping me into a depressed pill-popper, it has since been stricken from the record)

- I have issues with self-confidence (but a lot of this comes from baggage and feeling like I'll always be regarded by others as a "douche," or the fact that I see others rolling over and deferring to authority figures to get ahead in life, which I have REFUSED to do since preschool; part of the reason for my aforementioned diagnosis)

- I'm also, apparently, 'neurotic', as in it's really easy to get me to be irritable or in a $#!++y mood.

- I'm not a "daredevil"; I'll walk along a cliff edge to get other people's attention sometimes, but I'm not an adrenaline junkie...that stuff can wear you down after a while.

- I'm actually fairly booksmart, especially in regards to the human body/related medicine. But part of this arises from my interest in action movies and wanting to know the limits and mechanics of the human body so that I can make my own fiction realistic...that, and I may or may not have a weird thing for gore. *SHOT*

was here Array that's not my name's Avatar
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/so
    Socionics
    iei Ni

I can't really think of anything, I am very much an ISTP, but I am not always a total daredevil (although I like my fair share of that) and my dad is an n type so I've got practice dealing with n types and my ni might be a little more active than it would be otherwise.

Spreadsheet Samurai Array Alaska's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

It's a difference with FPs as much as with SP's, but how easily I turn away from my inner compass in favor of the object's structures and expectations.
    4w5 6w7 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]
    Likes ayoitsStepho liked this post