User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: SP, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

General Description of the ESFP:

* - Warm and optimistic, often times refusing to recognize gloom and doom.
    * - Clever, voluble, charming and open to the environment; often outstanding conversationalists.
    * - Fun to be with, a performer.

* - Avoids being alone.
    * - Loves excitement.
    * - Generous to a fault.
    * - Subject to temptations, self-indulgent.
    * - LOW tolerance for anxiety.
    * - Relies heavily on personal experiences and common sense; not deeply interested in scholastic pursuits, wanting knowledge only for immediate utility.
    * - Gives an impression of being extremely alert, by their realism in accepting whatever exists at the moment can lead them into being oblivious to differences between quality and quantity of relationships.
    * - Focus on the immediate leaves him/her with a low tolerance for procedures, routines, and anything else that stands in the way of immediate gratification.
    * - "Live and Let Live."
    * - Ultimate realists in regards to the outer world.
    * - Often feels that "no one takes me seriously."
    * - Spontaneous and immediate nature.
    * - Makes more starts than finishes.
    * - Easygoing.

I don't like being alone, but I don't mind it that much.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ISTp None

Lot of ISTP descriptions say "laid back". I'm definitely not laid back. I've always been very restless in nature. I don't like to sit still when there's something to do.

I'm pretty organized and sort of a neat freak/minimalist. I don't like clutter.

I don't hide my feelings that much anymore and I'm not as private as I used to be. As I get older I tend to say what I think without caring about the repercussions.
    ~I'm looking California, and feeling Minnesota.

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

i hate sports, and i'm not very athletic. i'm quite lethargic, really. however, i do enjoy walks. i used to be an avid runner... but those days are long gone. i do enjoy hikes and the like, but it's been a minute since i've done that, too. and if it counts, i do enjoy dancing.

i'm not that hip and stylish. i suppose... i can be when i want to be and i am in tune with what is stylish. i am very much on the poor side and can never really afford new and nice clothes. but even so, i've always been more into comfort than style.

i'm not always in the here and now. sometimes i'm in the past and other times in the future. sometimes, i don't know where i go. although, it is often being in the present and taking in the world via the senses that brings me the most happiness.

though i once was a very shy and timid child, i learned to eventually become slightly more comfortable around people. though i can be anxious, i've learned to work my way around this and charm the pants off of people. but, it really just depends on my mood and the day. other times, i just aloof.

though i can be impulsive, and was a reckless youngster, i do think through my decisions. i'll often want to take off to do this or that, but my more logical side will tell me it's best not to due to certain circumstances. "you don't need to waste that money." "you have to work in the morning." etc. however, i had to learn to think this way the hard way and it took quite a bit to calm me down.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Lot of ISTP descriptions say "laid back". I'm definitely not laid back. I've always been very restless in nature. I don't like to sit still when there's something to do.

I'm pretty organized and sort of a neat freak/minimalist. I don't like clutter.

I don't hide my feelings that much anymore and I'm not as private as I used to be. As I get older I tend to say what I think without caring about the repercussions.
    Pretty on-board with this, although I could see how the 'Laid Back' thing fits depending on how you interpret it. I'm also very restless, and if I don't get out of the house/work on some project/do something physical on any given day I get rapid onset cabin fever. At the same time, I'm generally calm and unflappable... So, 'Active' and 'Laid Back' don't seem mutually exclusive to me.

Senior Member Array KarenParker's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESFj

It says I'm not the long term commitment type and that's just not true. I do flirt with other men A LOT and if my boyfriends ever did the same I would be extremely jealous and mad at them. I do not believe in blind commitment in that I just plain won't stay with someone just because I said I would. In that sense, I always have my eyes open for a better prospect, and if it comes along, I will take it, but that has only happened once. I have only been in bad relationships though and I think that if I was with good men, I wouldn't have any reason to be interested in anyone else. Anyway, I have been married for 7 years before and my current relationship is 2 years. So I'm hardly not the long term commitment type.
    E - 79% I - 21%
    S - 53% N - 47%
    T - 32% F - 68%
    J - 32% P - 68%

ESFP

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

fertile imagination - I never take offense - Can organize and plan, can infer and anticipate
    I N V I C T U S

it's tea time! Array Walking Tourist's Avatar
    MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I love education. I want to learn something new every day. So Relies heavily on personal experiences and common sense; not deeply interested in scholastic pursuits, wanting knowledge only for immediate utility. does not apply to me. In fact, if I could be a professional student (without going hopelessly into debt), I would. I would study art history, painting, jewelry design, archaeology, music theory, even mathematics and science (not strong areas of skill for me but I still want to learn!!!)...
    I would go into a master naturalist program!
    I would love to be an outdoor educator!
    I would love to travel the world and learn languages and cultures...
    And it does not have to be immediately useful.
    I am still enriched by having the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    General Description of the ESFP:

* - Warm and optimistic, often times refusing to recognize gloom and doom.
    * - Clever, voluble, charming and open to the environment; often outstanding conversationalists.
    * - Fun to be with, a performer.

* - Avoids being alone.
    * - Loves excitement.
    * - Generous to a fault.
    * - Subject to temptations, self-indulgent.
    * - LOW tolerance for anxiety.
    * - Relies heavily on personal experiences and common sense; not deeply interested in scholastic pursuits, wanting knowledge only for immediate utility.
    * - Gives an impression of being extremely alert, by their realism in accepting whatever exists at the moment can lead them into being oblivious to differences between quality and quantity of relationships.
    * - Focus on the immediate leaves him/her with a low tolerance for procedures, routines, and anything else that stands in the way of immediate gratification.
    * - "Live and Let Live."
    * - Ultimate realists in regards to the outer world.
    * - Often feels that "no one takes me seriously."
    * - Spontaneous and immediate nature.
    * - Makes more starts than finishes.
    * - Easygoing.

I don't like being alone, but I don't mind it that much.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

General Description of the ESTP

- Men and women of action, for most of the week, yes, though on weekends I can be as lazy as hell
    - Conciliator and negotiator par excellence. Ummm... I'm so indecisive that I make everyone else come up with what's being negotiated... I'm confused... not enough
    - Attractive, friendly style. I have no style! :steam: I'm apparently friendly though
    - Lend excitement and unpredictability to the relationship. I'm the relationship weirdo... but he's pretty weird too
    - Deep commitments do not always occur in the lives of ESTPs. I've failed at this one! I'm with someone and quite committed to them
    - Have a low tolerance for anxiety. stress makes me ill
    - Apt to avoid or leave situations that are filled with interpersonal tensions. ugh... I'm not going to be everyone's emotional babysitter when I'm having fun... I do it enough at work!
    - When all else fails, read the directions." what are these "directions" they speak of?
    - Heavily action oriented type. is fidgeting a form of action?
    - Ultimate realist with the lowest tolerance for unrelated theory. theory interests me if it applies to something that I find interesting- otherwise why bother?
    - Open to any new alternative. not if it involves clowns
    - Act now, pay later. depends on the situation- jail sucks
    - Short attention span. I constantly get that one pointed out to me
    - Oblivious to established norms and procedures.
    - Lack of orderliness can be extremely frustrating to those around them. only to the Js dammit :steam:
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    eSTP

Im not what people read between the lines of ISTP descriptions
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

Junior Member Array kitsunegari's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

- I'm not outdoorsy or athletic at all. Hates sports and excersise! (Booooring!)
    - Not that super logical when I reason (at least I think not)
    - Work with an artistic profession, though could never be a true artist (like doing paintings that I could pick the motive for). I work as a production designer, which is more about reacting to the directors wishes (that's kind of problem solving though, if you put it that way), than coming up with a totally new concept out of the blue.

And oh, I'm not "all out of style" that ISTP's often are described to be... I'm really into fashion and care a lot of what other people think of me.
    Last edited by kitsunegari; 12-22-2010 at 10:16 PM. Reason: forgot to put something in, ofc...
    I 87%
    S 56%
    T 73%
    P 71%