User Tag List

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: SP, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?

MBTI
    ISTP

Blue-Mixed
    Green-Me
    Red-Not me.

* - Likely to pit themselves, or their technique, against chance, odds, or fate. Definitely, I'd guess I probably have about an 80% success rate, when it works, it's great...
    * - Play on impulse. What's a deadline? Sounds unimportant.
    * - Seek thrills in play. It'd be boring otherwise....
    * - The managerial style negotiates with ease and has, of all the types, the highest sense of reality. He is a natural negotiator, but other titles which might . . . . I am a fantastic negotiator, but I HATE doing it, touchy feely stuff isn't my strong point.
    * - Ready to try almost anything once. I can be convinced to try some things, but the fact that I haven't done it before isn't a big draw to try it.
    * - Don't tread on me because I don't know how I'll react. 100% true. I probably have less of an idea as to what my response will be than you do.
    * - Spontaneous, easygoing view of life. Yes, sometimes to an unhealthy extent (Not getting anything done)
    * - One can never predict which reaction to expect from them. Stated above, but I don't really know what it'll be either most of the time.
    * - ISTP parents do not believe in planning. They tend to wait and see what each day brings, and then do what is needed at the time. Not a parent. Never will be. I hate kids, but this sounds like what I'd be if the above weren't factors.
    * - ISTPs in their general living and certainly in parenting, know that the best-laid plans go awry. I always plan for what will happen if things don't work out the way I hope.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    I always plan for what will happen if things don't work out the way I hope.
    do you really plan things out? generally i much prefer to figure out what to do in the moment, but i was explaining to someone recently the difference between planning, and what i often do which is more of a precognition of various possible outcomes and situations so i have the tools (in that case, the thoughts) available if i need them.

to me, planning seems pointless because there is really no way of knowing what is going to happen and any alteration makes your detailed plans useless. however, i am almost always the most prepared person of the bunch, which requires thinking ahead. this always seemed fundamentally different from the people i know who want to get into the details of what's going to happen and what they plan to do from a long ways off.

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    I can be convinced to try some things, but the fact that I haven't done it before isn't a big draw to try it.
    that one's pretty accurate for me, personally. as long as it isnt harmful, im always looking to broaden my scope of perspective by experiencing new things. just today, i took some vicodin after going to the dentist and it was the first time i had taken it... even something stupid and relatively unimportant like that seems novel to me since it's a new experience.
    Likes Xena liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    do you really plan things out? generally i much prefer to figure out what to do in the moment, but i was explaining to someone recently the difference between planning, and what i often do which is more of a precognition of various possible outcomes and situations so i have the tools (in that case, the thoughts) available if i need them.
    That's more along the lines of what I do. I was thinking of them as the same thing, but you're probably right. I more recognize what might happen, and have a decent idea of what to do if it does happen, but then decide at that moment what exactly I'm going to do.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xxxx

* - Most misunderstood of all. Am I misunderstood?
    * - Tendency not to express themselves directly, but through action. Of course.
    * - Does not plan and prepare. Pffffffft! I DO plan, and I DO prepare! (Just not all the time!)
    * - Special kind of intelligence. Really?
    * - Kindest of all the types. I call B.S.
    * - Sometimes seen by others as reserved and private. True.
    * - Instinctive longing for the natural, the pastoral, the bucolic. I haven't discovered this side of myself yet... or it's inaccurate.
    * - Easily bored, wanting excitement, risk, chance and tests of luck. Yes!
    * - Spender rather than a saver. I save. I budget. I plan. Party today, party tomorrow as well.
    * - Likely to become a pacifist or environmentalist. My friends call me "the Warmonger", and I like it. So, B.S.
    * - Negotiates with ease. LOL, yes!
    * - As negotiator, goes into a situation with the intent of getting warring factions to compromise. This is most effective.
    * - Troubleshooting I excel at this sometimes.
    * - Very low need to lead and control others. *nods*
    * - Lives harmoniously. Yes.
    * - Encourages all life to fulfill its potential. But of course.
    * - Difficult for ISFPs to understand the need of some people to impose limits or structure on others. Incorrect. I can see the need for external structure and limits. However, the best structure is internal. That's the kind to nurture and encourage.
    * - Blends in. I go to the kid's soccer games wearing the same thing I'd wear on a night out, for example. Do I blend in? Hell no! Do I want to? Honestly, I don't care!
    * - Can easily be overlooked or overpowered. If I don't care, sure.
    * - Creative, artsy. It comes to me in bouts.
    * - Often oblivious to the "standard" way. Indeed.
    * - Little need to lead or influence. True, unless the current leader of a situation is a total dumbass. Then consider the need high.
    * - Little interest in the conceptual and abstract and is most responsive to the pragmatic. *shrugs* Give me a concrete example of this question and I'll get back to you.
    * - Money is secondary, the primary concern is that service be rendered. If proper service be rendered, money always follows. Service first.
    * - Little need to plan. Agreed.

General description of the ISFP

- Most misunderstood of all. I don't know
    - Tendency not to express themselves directly, but through action.Yeah
    - Does not plan and prepare. I'm pretty off and on.
    - Special kind of intelligence.
    ISFP has a special kind of intelligence, under the definition that intelligence means doing things well under
    varying circumstances. This particular category of intelligence might be called “artisan concretization”. This
    artisan concretization somehow keeps the ISFP more closely in touch with the very real. While the ISTP is
    attuned to the tool, so to speak, the ISFP is attuned to color, line, texture, shading — touch, motion, seeing, and
    hearing in harmony. This is from from hereIt's a pdf.
    Yes but I'm a terrible singer.
    - Kindest of all the types.I can be a dick.But people say I'm nice I suppose.
    - Sometimes seen by others as reserved and private.Yes
    Instinctive longing for the natural, the pastoral, the bucolic.Yes
    - Easily bored, wanting excitement, risk, chance and tests of luck.Yes
    - Spender rather than a saver.Yes,Yes.
    - Likely to become a pacifist or environmentalist. environmentalist maybe
    - Negotiates with ease.No
    - As negotiator, goes into a situation with the intent of getting warring factions to compromise. Yes I can see both sides.
    - Troubleshooting Very much so
    - Very low need to lead and control others.
    - Lives harmoniously. Yeah. Unless I am being controlled.
    - Encourages all life to fulfill its potential. Yep
    - Difficult for ISFPs to understand the need of some people to impose limits or structure on others. What's up with that?
    - Blends in. Yes and No. I am a reserved show off.
    - Can easily be overlooked or overpowered . Not really. Though some have thought that
    - Creative, artsy. Yes more creative than artsy.
    - Often oblivious to the "standard" way. Sometimes.
    - Little need to lead or influence. Yes
    - Little interest in the conceptual and abstract and is most responsive to the pragmatic. Very true
    - Money is secondary, the primary concern is that service be rendered . Yes
    - Little need to plan. Yes I don't plan for the future so much. For a project yes and I enjoy it.

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    ISTP

General description of the ISTP

* - Likely to pit themselves, or their technique, against chance, odds, or fate.Depends on if I think the risk is worth it.
    * - Play on impulse. A lot of the time, yes.
    * - Seek thrills in play.For sure.
    * - The managerial style negotiates with ease and has, of all the types, the highest sense of reality. He is a natural negotiator, but other titles which might . . . .I am NOT a negotiator. If it needs to be said, then say it. None of this sugar coated stuff.
    * - Ready to try almost anything once.That's the fun in life!
    * - Don't tread on me because I don't know how I'll react.YES! And watch out if you tread too much and too long!
    * - Spontaneous, easygoing view of life.Yup.
    * - One can never predict which reaction to expect from them. Most of the time I'm pretty even keeled, but if something ticks me off you will know.
    * - ISTP parents do not believe in planning. They tend to wait and see what each day brings, and then do what is needed at the time.Depends. I'm not a parent yet, but I do plan things in situations I'm stressed out about.
    * - ISTPs in their general living and certainly in parenting, know that the best-laid plans go awry.For sure...no one knows whats going to happen, so just be prepared for anything.
    * - Low need to impose themselves on their children.Probably, altho being a first born I may let my "strict" side show.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Socionics
    ISTP

Not really into cars and mechanics. Haven't engaged in casual sexual encounters (never had a gf, either).

That's about it at the top of my head.

I never read those descriptions before. The ISTP one seems accurate, with a dose of some of the ISFP stuff (aesthetic intelligence.. probably not to the same extent though).

I'm actually trying to plan more lately.. I think I should start using calendars and notebook apps (like evernote). Not sure if it's going to work.

Twerking & Lurking Array ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

ISFP FTW!!

* - Most misunderstood of all. I think I'm personally misunderstood, but that has to do with people not caring enough to know.
    * - Tendency not to express themselves directly, but through action. Yes, but I'm working on being more direct for others sake.
    * - Does not plan and prepare. It really depends on how big the project/event is. Usually I can keep it all in my head, but if it's a huge ordeal, then I need to at least make vague goals to finish it.
    * - Special kind of intelligence. Er... I have a lot of wisdom for my age, does this count?
    * - Kindest of all the types. It's possible. I don't feel as if I have a reason to be mean most of the time.
    * - Sometimes seen by others as reserved and private. Oh yeah.
    * - Instinctive longing for the natural, the pastoral, the bucolic. Sometimes. I live in the woods, so no for now.
    * - Easily bored, wanting excitement, risk, chance and tests of luck. I'm actually rarely bored.
    * - Spender rather than a saver. I save pretty well. I usually take half of my paychecks and put them up for savings and then I blow the rest of it, lol.
    * - Likely to become a pacifist or environmentalist. Ick, no.
    * - Negotiates with ease. Wow, I never thought about this, but it's true for me.
    * - As negotiator, goes into a situation with the intent of getting warring factions to compromise. Yes.
    * - Troubleshooting I'm pretty good at this. I'm the one my family calls in such cases.
    * - Very low need to lead and control others. Mhmm
    * - Lives harmoniously. Yes, but like Wolfy said, I don't like being controlled so that would be about one of the few reasons I wouldn't be harmonious.
    * - Encourages all life to fulfill its potential. Why yes, yes I do.
    * - Difficult for ISFPs to understand the need of some people to impose limits or structure on others. Ehh, I'm not very sure.
    * - Blends in. I don't think I do and I don't usually desire to blend in.
    * - Can easily be overlooked or overpowered. Depends really. I'm really good at being overlooked and then surprising everybody.
    * - Creative, artsy. Yuppers
    * - Often oblivious to the "standard" way. Sometimes.
    * - Little need to lead or influence. True.
    * - Little interest in the conceptual and abstract and is most responsive to the pragmatic. Kind of untrue for me.
    * - Money is secondary, the primary concern is that service be rendered. Yes
    * - Little need to plan. True.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Huh. Coolness on the Temperament Sorter thing. I love bullet list versions. Those mawkish flowery rants about how special each type is and how to engage our inner power stuff usually just gives me Durchfall.

Rather than repost the batch (Getting a busy thing going on here), let's just go with the quantitative version:

General ISTP: 10/11
    ISTP Strengths: 5/5
    ISTP Weakness: 7/8
    ISTP Self-Assessment: 3/3
    ISTP Improvement: Kinda a solid summary of things that I've had to become conscious of over the years, though there are still a few there that trip me up.