User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: SP, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I was a valedictorian senior year of high school (one of 14, lolz -- hey, my H.S. was full of over-achievers), and also excelled at math and science courses. I'm also smart with budgeting and time management. There are probably tons of other things as well - stereotypes. But honestly as far as many type descriptions, I relate very much to them. It's just many of the stereotypes tied to F/T and P/J that I don't relate to.

ISFP's aren't 'supposed' to be skilled at these sorts of things.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    SEI None

How do I not fit the description. Hmmmm?

-Not particularly athletic, not very good reflexes or hand/eye coordination
    -Not a risk taker, I would consider myself a weiner
    -According to some, I actually have a talent for writing and people keep telling me I am deep or thoughtful, but I am just faking it supposed talent for verbal communication too
    -Not able to excel in everything that deals with the senses. For example, when I cook, it is hit or miss and I wasn't the best musician. Maybe if I had chosen a different instrument
    -Not materialistic, prefer to live simply
    -No real personal expressed through clothing, hairstyle, etc....
    -Not really good looking
    -Have/had a tendency to get lost in my imagination
    -Use metaphors kind of a lot
    -I don't know what they mean they ISFPs are one person one day and another the next
    “A spoonful of honey attracts more flies than a barrelful of vinegar.” -St. Francis de Sales

"Let your beauty be not just the outward adorning of braiding the hair, and of wearing jewels of gold, or of putting on fine clothing; but in the hidden person of the heart, in the incorruptible adornment of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God very precious." -St. Peter

"All I know is that I know nothing" -Me

MBTI
    Fi
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelTao View Post
    SPs, tell us how you differ as an individual from your MBTI type description.
    I'm cautious and very social.
    "Sometimes that shark looks right at ya. Right into your eyes. And the thing about a shark is he’s got lifeless eyes. Black eyes.Like a doll’s eyes. When he comes at ya, he doesn’t even seem to be livin’…’til he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over wide and then… then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin’." - Quint, Jaws

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    SEI None

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    do you really plan things out? generally i much prefer to figure out what to do in the moment, but i was explaining to someone recently the difference between planning, and what i often do which is more of a precognition of various possible outcomes and situations so i have the tools (in that case, the thoughts) available if i need them.

to me, planning seems pointless because there is really no way of knowing what is going to happen and any alteration makes your detailed plans useless. however, i am almost always the most prepared person of the bunch, which requires thinking ahead. this always seemed fundamentally different from the people i know who want to get into the details of what's going to happen and what they plan to do from a long ways off.

that one's pretty accurate for me, personally. as long as it isnt harmful, im always looking to broaden my scope of perspective by experiencing new things. just today, i took some vicodin after going to the dentist and it was the first time i had taken it... even something stupid and relatively unimportant like that seems novel to me since it's a new experience.

I have come to a similar conclusion. Never a planner, but honestly I agree that planning is a futile effort. I mean I guess it is good to some planning obviously, but life will always throw a curve ball at some point. In general I feel people shouldn't get too attached to their plans because life probably isn't going to work out the way you wanted it too, which means it could be better then you ever could have known if you had stuck to your plan.
    “A spoonful of honey attracts more flies than a barrelful of vinegar.” -St. Francis de Sales

"Let your beauty be not just the outward adorning of braiding the hair, and of wearing jewels of gold, or of putting on fine clothing; but in the hidden person of the heart, in the incorruptible adornment of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God very precious." -St. Peter

"All I know is that I know nothing" -Me
    Likes MDP2525 liked this post