User Tag List

First 891011 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I was a valedictorian senior year of high school (one of 14, lolz -- hey, my H.S. was full of over-achievers), and also excelled at math and science courses. I'm also smart with budgeting and time management. There are probably tons of other things as well - stereotypes. But honestly as far as many type descriptions, I relate very much to them. It's just many of the stereotypes tied to F/T and P/J that I don't relate to.

ISFP's aren't 'supposed' to be skilled at these sorts of things.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    SEI Si

How do I not fit the description. Hmmmm?

-Not particularly athletic, not very good reflexes or hand/eye coordination
    -Not a risk taker, I would consider myself a weiner
    -According to some, I actually have a talent for writing and people keep telling me I am deep or thoughtful, but I am just faking it supposed talent for verbal communication too
    -Not able to excel in everything that deals with the senses. For example, when I cook, it is hit or miss and I wasn't the best musician. Maybe if I had chosen a different instrument
    -Not materialistic, prefer to live simply
    -No real personal expressed through clothing, hairstyle, etc....
    -Not really good looking
    -Have/had a tendency to get lost in my imagination
    -Use metaphors kind of a lot
    -I don't know what they mean they ISFPs are one person one day and another the next
    “A spoonful of honey attracts more flies than a barrelful of vinegar.” -St. Francis de Sales

"This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections."-Saint Augustine

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelTao View Post
    SPs, tell us how you differ as an individual from your MBTI type description.
    I'm cautious and very social.
    "Sometimes that shark looks right at ya, right into your eyes, and the thing about a shark is he’s got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll’s eyes. When he comes at ya, he doesn’t even seem to be livin’, until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over wide and then… then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin’." - Quint, Jaws

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    SEI Si

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    do you really plan things out? generally i much prefer to figure out what to do in the moment, but i was explaining to someone recently the difference between planning, and what i often do which is more of a precognition of various possible outcomes and situations so i have the tools (in that case, the thoughts) available if i need them.

to me, planning seems pointless because there is really no way of knowing what is going to happen and any alteration makes your detailed plans useless. however, i am almost always the most prepared person of the bunch, which requires thinking ahead. this always seemed fundamentally different from the people i know who want to get into the details of what's going to happen and what they plan to do from a long ways off.

that one's pretty accurate for me, personally. as long as it isnt harmful, im always looking to broaden my scope of perspective by experiencing new things. just today, i took some vicodin after going to the dentist and it was the first time i had taken it... even something stupid and relatively unimportant like that seems novel to me since it's a new experience.

I have come to a similar conclusion. Never a planner, but honestly I agree that planning is a futile effort. I mean I guess it is good to some planning obviously, but life will always throw a curve ball at some point. In general I feel people shouldn't get too attached to their plans because life probably isn't going to work out the way you wanted it too, which means it could be better then you ever could have known if you had stuck to your plan.
    “A spoonful of honey attracts more flies than a barrelful of vinegar.” -St. Francis de Sales

"This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections."-Saint Augustine
    Likes MDP2525 liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I love being in charge and leading, I can't be a follower for shit. I'm not bossy at all though. I micromanage as well.

I also enjoy theories and abstract concepts in lectures.
    My avatar says: "The man cocked his head and laughed."
    Drawn by a fellow of the [user]name of azrienoch.

I'm pretty much a stereotypical artistic ISFP except for some things:

- I am not completely 'there' all the time. My dad and sister both say I need to come back down to reality all the time. I'm always daydreaming about something.

- I consider myself an idealist. Nothing is ever good enough and I am usually left disappointed when things don't go the way I imagine.

- I think of the future all the time, especially in daydreams. I've been like this since I was very little, thinking about how I would be like as an adult, what my career would be, how certain events will come into play, etc. Also, sometimes I think of different scenarios of how past events could have gone, mainly to how I would have desired them to.

- I use a lot of metaphors in my artwork.

- I am horrible at all sports. I have pretty bad hand-eye coordination.

- I misplace everything all the time.

- I sometimes will walk into a room having in mind what I need to do, and then at the drop of a second forget what I was in there for. I have terrible short-term memory loss.

- I am not an adventurous person and would rather just stay indoors and do my own thing. Never was the party animal/drinking type.

- I'm not necessarily a fan of music if it is just for the 'beat' and it sounds good. Generally it needs something more for me to like it, even if it's totally bizarre and out there (I would probably like it for those very reasons ).
    "Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly?" – Frida Kahlo

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

I enjoy discussing and understand abstract concepts. I hate that there's this idea that Sensors aren't capable of playing with many ideas, and that Se users are especially made out to be superficial.
    to thine own self be true
    johari | nohari
    Likes Gypsy-Flux liked this post

MBTI
    Gone

Quote Originally Posted by julesiscools View Post
    I enjoy discussing and understand abstract concepts. I hate that there's this idea that Sensors aren't capable of playing with many ideas, and that Se users are especially made out to be superficial.
    They should change ordering of letter. We would be ITSP or IFSP and Js as ISxJ. They are more "S" then we are. Ordering of letters creates a horrible impression of or dominant functions
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes julesiscools liked this post

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I read fantasy novels for fun

I got a full ride academic scholarship to college (and offers to quite a few others)

I don't watch sports because they are boring... the only sport I do is hiking

I hate parties and don't drink or do drugs

I only bully bullies, because they have it coming

I've been in a relationship with the same man for 8 or so years... I don't cheat on him and I'm not bored with him

I have 2 friends who I see regularly IRL... though I have plenty more who I see regularly online

I'm on this site...

groups of people scare me... crowds are objects of terror... I avoid festivals and concerts

I feel really guilty when I think about manipulating people

I'm a girl person
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes senza tema liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP

I'm good with words/writing. I also like reading a lot. Apparently, those are INFP things.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :newwink:
  • :wink:
  • ;)