• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Love Languages for SPs

istpunk

MBTI Type
istp
Quality Time, Words of Affirmation, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, Physical Touch.

For Quality Time, I think that's always in the top 3 of anyone's list so let's not include that.

For me as an ISTP it's 1. Receiving Gifts and 2. Acts of Service and 3. Words of Affirmation

I've come across ESTPs and they seem to be 1. Acts of Service 2. Words of Affirmation and 3. Physical Touch.

not sure about ESFPs.

ISFPs I think it seems to be 1. Acts of Service 2. Physical Touch 3. Receiving Gifts.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Food, Football, and Fuhhhh...physical touch. :alttongue:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I kinda see acts of service as equivalent to gifts.

So I'd rank them 1. physical touch 2. acts of service/gifts (if personal) 3. affirming words 4. gifts (if nonpersonal, ex flowers)

I think they're all important for everyone though, to varying degrees.

edit: quality time would be first, if you're counting that now.

Last edited:

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
i like to give:

1) acts of service
2) physical touch/quality time
3) words of affirmation
4) gifts

to receive:

1) quality time
2) physical touch
3) acts of service
4) words of affirmation
5) gifts

Last edited:

aguanile

MBTI Type
IXXP
Enneagram
4w5
1) words of affirmation
2) acts of service
3) physical touch

Kleinheiko

MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm an ISTP, and I've had a really hard time typing my love language. I'm probably Quality time, even though some people don't really believe in it. I also speak Acts of service.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
Quality Time, Words of Affirmation, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, Physical Touch.

For Quality Time, I think that's always in the top 3 of anyone's list so let's not include that.

For me as an ISTP it's 1. Receiving Gifts and 2. Acts of Service and 3. Words of Affirmation

I've come across ESTPs and they seem to be 1. Acts of Service 2. Words of Affirmation and 3. Physical Touch.

not sure about ESFPs.

ISFPs I think it seems to be 1. Acts of Service 2. Physical Touch 3. Receiving Gifts.

For me, it's:

1. Words of affirmation
2. Physical touch
3. Quality time

Gifts and acts of service are great, but not quite as essential as the Big Three.

Sarah
ISFP

alicia91

Is this supposed to be what I appreciate from others or how I express my love?

Usehername

On a mission
alicia91 Is this supposed to be what I appreciate from others or how I express my love?
Today 07:59 PM

It's supposed to be how you feel most loved (quality time--when someone focuses on you as an individual, truly listens to what you're saying, etc.; physical touch--when someone gives you a pat on the shoulder, a hug, an affirming head-pat, sex, etc.; words of affirmation--verbal expressions of your unique qualities and value as a person; acts of service--taking out the garbage, doing your laundry, helping you move, mowing the lawn, etc.; gifts--tokens, small and not so small tangible, material things given to you that show they thought about you and thought that you were worth their money to buy something or time to craft something for you).

My strongest is definitely quality time to discuss ideas and thoughts and feelings and interpretations of events and philosophical issues. As a shadow SP, I find that touch isn't so important to me until I'm a little stressed, even with very small things to the point where I'm not even aware I'm stressed--I really relish touch when I'm stressed.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
What, is this out of some book or something?

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
1. Physical Touch
2. Acts of Service
3. Words of Affirmation (close call, ranks about as high as Acts of Service)
4. Quality Time
5. Receiving Gifts (trails behind like the fat kid running the 100m sprint)

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
What, is this out of some book or something?

Yeppers. I first saw it at my library. Here's the guy's website:

The Five Love Languages

The website even comes with a two-second quiz to help you choose your fav. love language. Not very helpful, but if you click on any of the boxes, it gives you a description of each...

My problem is, I have a hard time choosing one of my top three preferred Love Languages as my favorite (physical touch, quality time, words of affirmation). I'd feel "unloved" if any of them were missing.

Sarah
ISFP

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. Gifts
2. Physical touch
3. Quality time
4. Words of affirmation
5. Acts of service

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I have a husband and a son who are both ISTPs.
One wants acts of service.
One wants gifts.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
10 Physical Touch
10 Quality Time
6 Acts of Service
4 Words of Affirmation
0 Receiving of Gifts

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
10 Quality Time
9 Physical Touch
8 Acts of Service
3 Words of Affirmation
0 Receiving of Gifts

I'm not an SP, though. ;)

T

ThatGirl

All these words of affirmation and acts of service....

No wonder my ESTP thought he was always getting the brush off