• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFPs and Gender

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think it's hilarious that most of the male ISFPs I know consider themselves to be effeminate while I, a female ISFP, have even been mistaken for a male on other forums. (I thought here on this forum my gender was obvious though.)

ISFPs are you:

A) A masculine male
B) A tomboy female
C) An effeminate male
D) A feminine female

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Eh..I consider myself A, and no one else has told me that they think I'm effeminate, so I'm gonna go ahead and assume they don't. ;)

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eh..I consider myself A, and no one else has told me that they think I'm effeminate, so I'm gonna go ahead and assume they don't. ;)

Lol yeah Jeffster, I'd say you're pretty masculine.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe I shouldn't have made this thread.
I don't want people to get wrong impressions about ISFPs.
But I personally am pretty relaxed about gender/gender roles/all that stuff.
Like I don't really care about whether I'm feminine or not. Maybe I should.

I should have considered the ISFPs who aren't so relaxed about it. Oops.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Lol yeah Jeffster, I'd say you're pretty masculine.

:cool:

Maybe I shouldn't have made this thread.
I don't want people to get wrong impressions about ISFPs.
But I personally am pretty relaxed about gender/gender roles/all that stuff.
Like I don't really care about whether I'm feminine or not. Maybe I should.

Sometimes I feel like I was put here just to talk to you. ;) You gotta stop second-guessing yourself all the time. That stuff is overrated, just be you and do your thing. The world is your playground! YEAH!
:party2:

Answer me this, though, I'm just curious, do you often try to capitalize the letter I but instead of hitting shift you hit control so it puts those italics brackets into your post?

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Sometimes I feel like I was put here just to talk to you. ;) You gotta stop second-guessing yourself all the time. That stuff is overrated, just be you and do your thing. The world is your playground! YEAH!
:party2:

Answer me this, though, I'm just curious, do you often try to capitalize the letter I but instead of hitting shift you hit control so it puts those italics brackets into your post?

Nah I usually hit shift. I hardly ever miss and hit control instead. Err at least I don't think I do. Maybe I have a few times and didn't realize it.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nah I usually hit shift. I hardly ever miss and hit control instead. Err at least I don't think I do. Maybe I have a few times and didn't realize it.

Man. It happens to me all the time. Maybe I just have clumsier fingers. :blush:

heart

heart on fire
I've been mistaken for a male from my writing style, especially when I was first online, but I always thought this was from taking History. It's sort of a masculine toned subject and the way one is trained to write their papers in it is very dry.

But I was a girly girl growing up. My ISFP friend says she was a tomboy and very into sports.

HomeSlice

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
A dammit

I played with my sisters dolls once when i was younger...
I set up a tournament to determine doll supremacy...
only one survived... the rest... :'(

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
I think it's hilarious that most of the male ISFPs I know consider themselves to be effeminate while I, a female ISFP, have even been mistaken for a male on other forums. (I thought here on this forum my gender was obvious though.)

ISFPs are you:

A) A masculine male
B) A tomboy female
C) An effeminate male
D) A feminine female

I am such a girly girl, and always was. :D I think athletic women, or women who grow up in families with lots of older boys might appear to be more androgynous, but I wasn't ever into sports. And I had a girly-girl older sister who was my best friend.

Sarah
ISFP

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp

Yeah, you know, I agree. Trying to type people by their appearances or favorite hobbies is kinda overrated. Actually, typing strangers and aquaintances is probably overrated too. Who really cares what type some book character or celebrity is? Okay, it can be a fun way to kill time, but... I think we can admire someone's talent and see something of ourselves in the people we like even if they aren't our Myers Briggs type.

I suspect that those people who state with confidence that they know the types of everyone they associate with are probably just making snap judgments based on a few sentences in some lame type descriptions. Or else their hobby is trying to speed-type people, in which case they've convinced themselves everything a person does is somehow related to type and not just because they're an individual. ;)

Sarah
ISFP

SaltyWench

MBTI Type
xxxx
I'm a feminine woman... idk how I come off online, but that how I am in real life, lol.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My brother's an iSFP, but I wouldn't say he's girly at all. He does seriously cry during just about every movie though. :devil:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My bf is ISFP and I wouldn't call him effeminate at all. In fact I thought he was ISTP until he actually took the test/read the descriptions/etc.

I do know a male ESFP who isn't particularly masculine but even there I wouldn't call him effeminate, just flaky.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
If crying at movies is effeminate, than call me Richard Simmons! :smile:

Hell, I cry during football games sometimes.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
If crying at movies is effeminate, than call me Richard Simmons! :smile:

Hell, I cry during football games sometimes.

(pats Jeffster on the back)

Hey, it's okay, ALL my male friends cry during movies. I say it's a sign that they are truly "emotionally literate" people. Hee! (well, or else it just means they just like tearjerker dramas...) Actually, there was an ISTP on another type list I'm on who said he cries during movies too, so I don't think it's an F thing. And I recall a (possibly) ISTP guy I dated in grad school once said to me that anybody who never cried when Old Yeller died is heartless. ;)

I don't know what any of these guys do at football games, though. They probably just drink a lot of beer! :D

Sarah

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I've never formed a complete tear during a movie.

Am I heartless? :(

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
I've never formed a complete tear during a movie.

Am I heartless? :(

Maybe you're crying internally but for some reason your tear ducts always seem to block up? :D

(try bringing a slice of raw onion along the next time you to to the movie theatre...)

Sarah