User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Why you hussy
    Holy crap... can I be the perv that wants to watch?

Anyway... Thread-Jack much?

glad to have partaken.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    Holy crap... can I be the perv that wants to watch?

Anyway... Thread-Jack much?

glad to have partaken.
    So you're not scared by horrors

MBTI
    TiSe

There are horror movies, and then there were classic horror movies that would most likely be considered Sci-Fi. I like the latter, but find the former pure non-sense with cheap theatrics.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    Lol, I know, I really do feel really bad after the movie when I hear the people mumbling things like what an ass etc... I then know that I ruined a movie. $100 bucks says it would be kick ass to watch a movie with a 6'4" guy that not only screams out of fear (or what not) but could probably also kill me with his bare hands if he had to.
    I can assure you; it is not a pretty sight!

MBTI
    ENFP

Are you captivated by most movies? If you are it may not just be horror films that affect you. It may be that you have the ability to get "swept away" in others' experiences so much so that you start to identify and feel what others do just by being around certain stimulus.

I get into movies but I don't "feel" the way the characters in the movies are meant to feel. I definitely keep a third person perspective.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    So you're not scared by horrors
    LMFAO, I just never get it with woman. They can totally be attractive and still see them selves as uglier than.... well, I don't know what... but not pretty.

I have seen your old profile pic, and you is quite the Oz hotty. Man weird, either they be fishing for compliments (which I know this INTJ is not) or they really think that maybe they aren't bad looking but just plain average.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mouse View Post
    Are you captivated by most movies? If you are it may not just be horror films that affect you. It may be that you have the ability to get "swept away" in others' experiences so much so that you start to identify and feel what others do just by being around certain stimulus.

I get into movies but I don't "feel" the way the characters in the movies are meant to feel. I definitely keep a third person perspective.
    Hmmm... that's a good point right there. I find it incredibly easy to identify with a character. Perhaps I might find a facet of their persona that we share or that I understand on a deeper level. It's actually rather easy for me to get really involved in a good movie from the character's POV.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by OperaLover View Post
    Hmmm... that's a good point right there. I find it incredibly easy to identify with a character. Perhaps I might find a facet of their persona that we share or that I understand on a deeper level. It's actually rather easy for me to get really involved in a good movie from the character's POV.
    Well, then maybe that's your answer. You get caught up in the characters and their experience. It seems perfectly understandable that if the "experience" includes someone chasing you with a chainsaw... you might not want to go through that too often

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by OperaLover View Post
    I love (well-made) horror movies, I love the adrenaline rush, the suspense... the everything. And at the same time, I'm traumatised by them, I jump the highest and I'm screaming on the inside (well, 6'4" men do turn a few heads when they scream outright).

I have a theory for this; we ISFPs are most in touch with our senses of sight, hearing... etc. and are most affected by them. Now, I'll most likely be the one making the biggest fuss over a beautiful painting and, at the same time, I'll most likely be the one jumping the highest at a monster on a movie-sized screen or a suspense building orchestra crescendo.

So, that's my theory of why I'm a horror movie wuss.

Because of my type.

Any reputable journal likely to let me write a full-length well-researched article on that?
    I am an ISFJ and react the same way to horror movies, or any movie for that matter (provided it's good). One time I threw my shoe at the TV screen cos I got mad when this actor cheated on his wife in the movie. I guess I didn't realize that I was not in the movie. hahahaha

Oh, I don't watch horrors. Too traumatizing.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I only like horror movies if they're pretty much comedy movies with some gore in them. The real dark stuff I don't like. It has to have a sense of humor, and preferably hot chicks.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel