veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    I am the same way!!! Thank you, Jeffster, this really helps me finally feel certain I've not been mistyped. I mean, I have actually met an INFP in person -- as in, the genuine article, not just someone who thinks he/she might be INFP -- and I can see the differences right away, but it's really hard to tell children's types because they haven't exactly "filled out" and started using their secondary function yet.

I actually fit a lot of the Keirsey ISFP type description -- even including some of the stereotypes -- but I think his description of the SP temperament seems to be mostly describing what dominant Se looks like, especially in the chapter on kids. But it I did always bother me that there was something missing in the ISFP description. I agree with you that adding a description of Fi rounds out the personality type a lot more.

I was SOOOO totally introverted feeling a kid and as a teenager. I could only get into what was going on around me if it was something I decided to value first, and I totally resisted anyone's efforts to push me into experiences I didn't want. I think my Fi saved me from a life of conforming to popular opinion, or doing dumb stuff because "everyone else" was doing it. That's not to say that I didn't choose to do a lot of silly stuff when I was a teenager anyway... heh.

Sarah
    Man, I feel like we could sit and talk and just keep saying "TOTALLY!" to each other over and over.

Sometimes I've thought about how much more trouble I would've gotten into if I had just been a little more assertive. I often feel like I was "saved by my Fi" but then other times tortured by it.

People sometimes see me as lazy.... and quiet, and then it's like somebody suddenly lit a fire under me. The truth is, the fire is always there, but there's this built-in filter thingy that doesn't always let it out.

I see in my son what it's like to have the fire on the surface almost all the time. He's only 9, but he fits most of the ESTP descriptions very well. We have so much alike, but are very different in our expression, especially as children. He has gotten into all kinds of trouble in school for not being able to contain himself basically, whereas I very rarely had that problem, instead teachers just thought I was either stupid or I was smart and just wasn't trying.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Man, I feel like we could sit and talk and just keep saying "TOTALLY!" to each other over and over.

Sometimes I've thought about how much more trouble I would've gotten into if I had just been a little more assertive. I often feel like I was "saved by my Fi" but then other times tortured by it.

People sometimes see me as lazy.... and quiet, and then it's like somebody suddenly lit a fire under me. The truth is, the fire is always there, but there's this built-in filter thingy that doesn't always let it out.

I see in my son what it's like to have the fire on the surface almost all the time. He's only 9, but he fits most of the ESTP descriptions very well. We have so much alike, but are very different in our expression, especially as children. He has gotten into all kinds of trouble in school for not being able to contain himself basically, whereas I very rarely had that problem, instead teachers just thought I was either stupid or I was smart and just wasn't trying.

What else can I say to this but... TOTALLY! I can totally relate to all of that. Only my teachers just thought I had a daydreaming problem and/or a severe shyness problem.

Your SP son is lucky to have a dad who can completely undestand his exhuberant personality, and who doesn't try to reform it into something else.

Sarah

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

This reply is late, but I had to respond! *
    for me the answer is yes! It gets to be expensive.

I always have a starbucks special in hand, I drink heavily at times, I smoke delicious cigars, I go on crazy shopping sprees, I like to eat out, I drive fast, I bust out into song and dance when I'm either very bored or very excited, I love to get my hair done, I need loud music on to get chores done, I flirt indiscriminately. The examples go on and on. and on.

I don't do drugs, though. And on the plus side, I like to be outside, run, eat healthy, and drink lots of water to make my body feel good, too...

MBTI
    IxtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Reckless? not really
    Hedonistic? Only if you ask one of those live to work types
    Under Construction

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I relate to that a lot! I'm just to wrapped up on the inside to really notice it. I've been called really out there at times by people my age [ Which is one of the reasons it's taken me forever to define my type - Be sides the stereotyping ISFPs as too shallow to be me. Developed N I guess ] but all the adults/teachers/post-18ers see me as a good kid.

Now to find a way to motivate myself to get schoolwork done.....
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

ESTPs are great

ESFPs on the other hand, I find them annoying for so many reasons.

MBTI
    ENTP

ISTP's are pussies when they're not in control. They shit themselves

Well, mine is!

ISFP's are less so, cos they'll trust you more.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    This reply is late, but I had to respond! *
    for me the answer is yes! It gets to be expensive.

I always have a starbucks special in hand, I drink heavily at times, I smoke delicious cigars, I go on crazy shopping sprees, I like to eat out, I drive fast, I bust out into song and dance when I'm either very bored or very excited, I love to get my hair done, I need loud music on to get chores done, I flirt indiscriminately. The examples go on and on. and on.

I don't do drugs, though. And on the plus side, I like to be outside, run, eat healthy, and drink lots of water to make my body feel good, too...

Everyone who doesn't like ESFPs can kiss my ass.

MBTI
    ENTP

...what I meant was that my ISTP will be all "need for speed" and all that when it comes to HIM driving, but get him out of the driving seat and he's white knuckles all the way, the worst back seat driver I have ever known. He doesn't even have a licence and yet he'll keep pointing stuff out and telling me to slow down for corners and stuff haha, even when it's my brother driving - a driving instructor himself - the ISTP will not just relax and trust him and enjoy the ride, at the slightest hint of anything being 'not completely safe' he's exclaiming and stuff, when you stop he'll get out and say woah, now my chest can recover! (even though nothing of note happened!)

So like, though my ISFP seems able to trust the driver and just go wooooooohooooo!!! when there's some adverse driving conditions and you peg it round a sharp corner in 4th gear in the rain, the ISTP's inability to trust makes him just go all anal and pussy. And he never misses a chance to lecture me when I don't wear my seat belt. ISFP just shrugs.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I hate reckless driving, I'd tell the driver they're an effin idiot.