User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Meanwhile, here I am on a Thursday morning with no clean socks for work. So, do I go foot commando or do I put on dirty socks after my shower? These are the kind of dilemmas an SP faces in life
    Throw them into the dryer with a Bounce sheet. It's called cheap dry-cleaning

Sorry, I'm going to read the rest of the thread tomorrow. Sounds like an interesting conversation.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    It can be awkward. (I've even had that with some people who view my art -- should I tell them that I really just felt like drawing tree branches because sometimes drawing tree branches is fun, or should I let them think it's got layers of profound depth to it?)
    lmfao... nice.

MBTI
    istp

I wouldn't consider myself reckless... though most people would. To other people it seems like I take a lot of risks but I only take them because I know I can make it work. I definitely relate to descriptions about thriving on the rush of risk-taking and pushing my skills to the limit. I see life as a period of time where I can do whatever the hell I want until I die. There's nothing immoral about the pursuit of happiness.
    No offense.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Oh gawd I hate that. People are always automatically assuming I'm shallow just because I'm not serious all the time and I actually like to joke around and have things be light hearted sometimes.

MBTI
    IXTX

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Oh gawd I hate that. People are always automatically assuming I'm shallow just because I'm not serious all the time and I actually like to joke around and have things be light hearted sometimes.
    ahaha same, I always tell people to relax.....I just don't the big deal with certain things.
    I'm a Musician and a Teacher. Feel free to talk to me about anything =P

My motto: It's never too late

I identify with ISTP, INTP, INTJ......the % are so balanced I can't decide.

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    lmfao... nice.
    I should have qualified what I wrote to say that only some iNtuitive-preferring people do that with my art, and that my (INFJ) mother tends to be more the type who looks for depth in everything. Mom will lose interest very quickly with anything that obviously has no depth to it.

Actually, this may not be a very good indicator of type, now that I think of it. My ENFJ husband sometimes says ridiculous things in order to tease my INFJ mother, because he knows she'll take it very seriously. Mind you, they get along fabulously, so it's not done out of meanness).

Actually, I have an SJ friend who believes all art is "supposed" to be full of symbolic meaning, which bothers him because he's not sure what exactly he's supposed to be to be looking for. He's said this makes him feel nervous whenever artistic people talk about their work or want to show him what they've done. I've tried to convince him that it's okay to just comment on what you see rather than trying to decipher what's going on in the artist's brain.

Sarah

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    Actually, I have an SJ friend who believes all art is "supposed" to be full of symbolic meaning, which bothers him because he's not sure what exactly he's supposed to be to be looking for. He's said this makes him feel nervous whenever artistic people talk about their work or want to show him what they've done. I've tried to convince him that it's okay to just comment on what you see rather than trying to decipher what's going on in the artist's brain.
    Are you sure I am not your SJ friend?

My main problem isn't that I can't come up with some symbolism, it's just that my Ne goes rampant and comes up with 3000^infinity possibilities... well more like 2^(3*e) possibilities for whatever it may be I am analyzing... so in hopes of not sounding like a douche i start making wise cracks and everyone starts laughing and I die a little inside while I smile back.

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by 6sticks View Post
    I wouldn't consider myself reckless... though most people would. To other people it seems like I take a lot of risks but I only take them because I know I can make it work. I definitely relate to descriptions about thriving on the rush of risk-taking and pushing my skills to the limit. I see life as a period of time where I can do whatever the hell I want until I die. There's nothing immoral about the pursuit of happiness.

Yeah. Exactly! SPs tend to be quick assessors of situations, and what looks like a scary situation to others may be something that completely falls in line with what we wanted to do anyway, and we're good at coming to an agreement with ourselves that if we do what we intend do and if the worst happen, we can deal with the results of that.

Actually, if an activity isn't likely to give me brain damage or break my spinal cord, then what's all the fuss about? Someone actually once told me that my wearing an attractive vintage hat to a wedding "took real guts" and that they would love to do that but were too afraid. Guts? To wear a hat? Does it take guts to "risk" the surprised stares of people who aren't used to looking at anything that you can't buy at Macy's this season? Weird.

Sarah

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Actually, I have an SJ friend who believes all art is "supposed" to be full of symbolic meaning, which bothers him because he's not sure what exactly he's supposed to be to be looking for.
    i dont know if someone posted this before but that is the big difference between Si and Se (or the rest of the functions for that matter). I tend to look for depth in painting but over all i want meaning or some point to the painting or whatever the art happens to be. at least my favorite art. i really appriciate all forms of art, its peoples way of expressing themselves, and i really respect that
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    See, I've actually kinda enjoyed being like the "token SP" on this forum. There's some others but over the last few months I've been the most active poster among them, so it kinda felt that way. And I actually got a lot of appreciation for what I brought to the board, but the funny thing is that a few members have said things to me that kinda translate to "okay, we get it. Now stop being so SP." And I'm like "no, you DON'T get it. I'm not putting on an act, I'm just being me." And it's like that still kinda blows their mind a little.
    Well, Jeffster, you seem to have the ability to be both lighthearted and thoughtful at the same time -- that's really cool. I wish I could be more like that. I tend to get ultra serious whenever I'm around the serious people in order to accomodate their feelings.

I'd love to be the sort of person who can think up a snappy, witty comeback anytime she wants to, but that only hapens occasionally - and usually when I'm not even trying to be entertaining.

Sarah