123 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default Are You Adaptable?

I imagine sps to be able to adapt to the environment, and wing things. Is this true for you? If it is then how has it helped you in life?
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Yes and no; for being "autistic", I'm extremely adaptable; especially when I was younger. However, I also have enough depressive/chronic gastritis symptoms that I have to rely on bland regularity in order to function well enough to make it through a day, so...yeah.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Yes, I am pretty adaptable. I've been able to adjust to work situations, changes in work situations, and can adapt to different types of people / different environments (when I held jobs where I had yearly reviews, I was told one of my strengths was adaptability). I also have confidence in my ability to travel to new places/locations/countries, and be able to 'read' things well enough to not feel completely out of sorts - i.e. I'm not tied to a guide book or maps, and I really enjoy exploring. (tying into this, I think I also have a pretty decent sense of when something seems unsafe / when I am getting a bad sense of a place - I think it's tied to paying attention to all sorts of elements in the environment) And yes, I tend to wing things moreso than plan things out - especially in day to day situations. When it comes to 'big life things', though, I'll spend a lot of time contemplating what I might want to be doing / a 'next step' - but I don't get into details, really.

The positives are, well, I'm able to adjust to changes. The negative is, I might lose sight or not have any sight at all in terms of where I *really* want to be - type of work environment, or whatnot. That stuff eventually comes to light, but while in the midst of adapting, I might not ask the question, 'wait, what? Do I want to do this? Do I like this anymore?' And so on. If that makes sense.

I'm probably missing some key element to this but that's what I've got atm!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ
    Likes Smilephantomhive, geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Yeah. I would say I'm adaptable in the sense that I have to figure out what works, solve a probem and get there. There's no right way to do that. I also think resilience is key to adaptability.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance
    Likes Smilephantomhive liked this post

Yeah, I am adaptable. I think it has helped and hindered me. I tend to adapt and not force the environment to adapt. That can help and hinder, depending on the situation.
    Likes Smilephantomhive, MDP2525 liked this post

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Yeah. I made it to the age I'm at, which is impressive considering all of the shenanigans I threw myself into in my younger years (which was not even one or two years ago).
    Likes Smilephantomhive, Masokissed liked this post

MBTI
    BORK
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I was diagnosed with Aspergers, but I'm definitely atypical. I always prefer to just wing everything. I'm surrounded by Te users though, so I'm constantly hearing about it.
    For someone with extreme anxiety, I'm actually fairly adaptable.
    Bored.
    Likes free electron liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    136 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I'd say my ISFp wife is highly adaptable (much to my dismay, oftentimes). She can change course of action about as quickly as I can change my mind. LOL.

She has an absolutely brilliant and amazing ability to get people to like her and to subtly adjust the emotional atmosphere of any group of people to make it more harmonious and comfortable (which, I suppose, are her ultimate goals). What's astounding to me is that she does this unconsciously. It's never premeditated. She just does it. It's a rare and powerful gift, and she has kicked my tail with it on a number of occasions. My Fe program function can't hold a candle to her SiFe ego block. She is better at Fe than I am.
    MBTI: ENFJ
    M/B Functional Stack: Dominant--Fe, Auxilliary--Ni, Tertiary--Se, Inferior--Ti
    Ego (Jungian): FeNi
    Socionics: EIE-Fe, Beta
    Socionics Functional Stack: Program--Fe, Creative--Ni, Role--Te, PoLR--Si
    Enneagram Type 1
    Tritype 136
    Big Five: SCOEI - sxO|E|i
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    House: Slytherin (the "ethical teacher" type, i.e. Severus Snape)
    Color Code: Blue (intimacy-driven)
    Soul Type: Educator

Sentio ergo sum.
    Likes Silent, Dyslexxie liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    946 sp/sx

Yes. My ability to adapt I've come to notice results in people mistakenly assuming I know what I'm doing despite the fact that I am very much figuring things out as I move through the process and it helps me do what I want when forced to work in a group as they will usually go along with it being that no one else wants to be liable for the ambiguous, which I suppose is helpful though not significantly as I am going to do what I want to regardless of whatever the consensus is. I dislike the mental indecision that goes along with such openness in orientation though, it makes it difficult for me to take myself and my decisions seriously.

But yeah, overall, improvising is fun and what is most natural. I feel as if core fluidity is why pressure breaks me internally but never externally, the instinct demands something very different from my actions, to the extent that it is exactly the opposite of what my emotions raking my internal state ragged should produce. They can only see the mere show, and never can tell what it really means. Such is the predicament Fi and long something that I've ceased to fret over. Anyway, I dislike what a slacker it makes me sometimes, that is, when I lean too heavily upon it. Which is often. It's embarrassing. The anathematized sloth is so strong in me I should be counted among the dead.
    「 」
    Likes Smilephantomhive, Masokissed liked this post

MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    5w6

Yes I am extremely adaptable. It helps me everyday really, but to give an exact example, I've been moving each year (sometimes twice a year) for the past 6 years. Each time I would end up in a completely new place with a different environment with noone I knew to rely on. I wouldn't have been able to do all that wandering around and achieve my goals without a minimum of flexibility.
    Likes kotoshinohaisha liked this post