• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Are You Adaptable?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I imagine sps to be able to adapt to the environment, and wing things. Is this true for you? If it is then how has it helped you in life?

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes and no; for being "autistic", I'm extremely adaptable; especially when I was younger. However, I also have enough depressive/chronic gastritis symptoms that I have to rely on bland regularity in order to function well enough to make it through a day, so...yeah.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I am pretty adaptable. I've been able to adjust to work situations, changes in work situations, and can adapt to different types of people / different environments (when I held jobs where I had yearly reviews, I was told one of my strengths was adaptability). I also have confidence in my ability to travel to new places/locations/countries, and be able to 'read' things well enough to not feel completely out of sorts - i.e. I'm not tied to a guide book or maps, and I really enjoy exploring. (tying into this, I think I also have a pretty decent sense of when something seems unsafe / when I am getting a bad sense of a place - I think it's tied to paying attention to all sorts of elements in the environment) And yes, I tend to wing things moreso than plan things out - especially in day to day situations. When it comes to 'big life things', though, I'll spend a lot of time contemplating what I might want to be doing / a 'next step' - but I don't get into details, really.

The positives are, well, I'm able to adjust to changes. The negative is, I might lose sight or not have any sight at all in terms of where I *really* want to be - type of work environment, or whatnot. That stuff eventually comes to light, but while in the midst of adapting, I might not ask the question, 'wait, what? Do I want to do this? Do I like this anymore?' And so on. If that makes sense. ;)

I'm probably missing some key element to this but that's what I've got atm!

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah. I would say I'm adaptable in the sense that I have to figure out what works, solve a probem and get there. There's no right way to do that. I also think resilience is key to adaptability.

wolfy

awsm
Yeah, I am adaptable. I think it has helped and hindered me. I tend to adapt and not force the environment to adapt. That can help and hinder, depending on the situation.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah. I made it to the age I'm at, which is impressive considering all of the shenanigans I threw myself into in my younger years (which was not even one or two years ago).

pizzathegreat

MBTI Type
BORK
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was diagnosed with Aspergers, but I'm definitely atypical. I always prefer to just wing everything. I'm surrounded by Te users though, so I'm constantly hearing about it.
For someone with extreme anxiety, I'm actually fairly adaptable.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd say my ISFp wife is highly adaptable (much to my dismay, oftentimes). She can change course of action about as quickly as I can change my mind. LOL.

She has an absolutely brilliant and amazing ability to get people to like her and to subtly adjust the emotional atmosphere of any group of people to make it more harmonious and comfortable (which, I suppose, are her ultimate goals). What's astounding to me is that she does this unconsciously. It's never premeditated. She just does it. It's a rare and powerful gift, and she has kicked my tail with it on a number of occasions. My Fe program function can't hold a candle to her SiFe ego block. She is better at Fe than I am.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. My ability to adapt I've come to notice results in people mistakenly assuming I know what I'm doing despite the fact that I am very much figuring things out as I move through the process and it helps me do what I want when forced to work in a group as they will usually go along with it being that no one else wants to be liable for the ambiguous, which I suppose is helpful though not significantly as I am going to do what I want to regardless of whatever the consensus is. I dislike the mental indecision that goes along with such openness in orientation though, it makes it difficult for me to take myself and my decisions seriously.

But yeah, overall, improvising is fun and what is most natural. I feel as if core fluidity is why pressure breaks me internally but never externally, the instinct demands something very different from my actions, to the extent that it is exactly the opposite of what my emotions raking my internal state ragged should produce. They can only see the mere show, and never can tell what it really means. Such is the predicament Fi and long something that I've ceased to fret over. Anyway, I dislike what a slacker it makes me sometimes, that is, when I lean too heavily upon it. Which is often. It's embarrassing. The anathematized sloth is so strong in me I should be counted among the dead.

free electron

MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
5w6
Yes I am extremely adaptable. It helps me everyday really, but to give an exact example, I've been moving each year (sometimes twice a year) for the past 6 years. Each time I would end up in a completely new place with a different environment with noone I knew to rely on. I wouldn't have been able to do all that wandering around and achieve my goals without a minimum of flexibility.

Mole

Permabanned
Natural Selection says the adaptable survive.

But Natural Selection is not talking about the personality characteristic of adaption, Natural Selection is talking about biological adaption.

Talking about the personality characteristic on a site devoted to personality characteristics is narcissism.

It completely misses out on the broad sweep of Natural Selection which can tell us more about ourselves than a dodgy personality test.

Natural Selection can show us where we fit in the world and our relationship to every other living creature that has shared the Earth with us for four and a half thousand million years.

Natural Selection has breadth and depth and dignity and a grand and noble narrative that is completely lost in a dodgy personality test.

Yet we cling to the personality test.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Adaptable is one of the my most dominant traits, that's for sure. I thrive in changing conditions and am quite comfortable in the midst of chaos, and am able to easily and comfortably make sense of and blend into whatever the hell's going on around me. It's been a great skill but I'm quite certain many people find it a little uncomfortable to follow.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's all I have going for me, nigga!

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes and no. When no, very no. GAD is a clouding factor with me, though.

treetophideaway

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Usually I'm pretty adaptable. It really depends on the situation though. I'm usually very adaptable with the little things and I'm easily adaptable when things change in the moment. But if something I've been planning for a long time gets cancelled or f something I'm really excited about falls through, then that's upsetting and I'm not so adaptable. But for the most part, I would say I'm fairly adaptable.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
Yes I'm very adaptable.. Compared to average people, i can easily adapt to my environment.

7w8, 8whatever

I can actually easily adapt.. But whenever I'm no longer enjoying, i tend to leave hehe. [emoji14]

Mole

Permabanned
Natural Selection is the survival of the adaptable.

Those who adapt to their environment are the one's who pass on their genes to the next generation.

Our environment is constantly changing, for instance from the manuscript to the book to the internet. And those who adapt to the internet are those who will pass on their genes.

Fortunately adaption is largely unconscious, we unconsciously mirror those around us, as we adapt to our new environment.

However all is not smooth sailing as when a spoken culture become the content of the electronic culture, such as Middle East culture coming the content of the mobile phone, they are driven into a frenzy of spoken culture turbo charged by the electronic environment.

Fortunately for prosperous counties, literacy is the antidote to traditional tribalism and spoken culture, and is also the antidote to the electronic culture of the mobile phone and the internet.

So spoken cultures without literacy are driven into a frenzy by the new electronic culture. And we see this everyday in our newspapers and TV in the Middle East. And yet remarkably we keep calm and carry on even in the face of Middle Eastern terrorism on our streets, thanks to our tradition of literacy.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Easily adaptable though I don't try to fit in and match it. I just simply adjust for my own good and those around me.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes SPs are the most adaptable and seem to figure out their way in new environments more easily, I think I am pretty adaptable and flexible too, I am alert to the changes around me and pretty much creative in finding ways and strategies to work it out, I don't like to hold up to what I was taught because I don't trust it unless I taste it, get my hands dirty with it

And I so much HATE IT when Si users are right :dry: