• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Are You Adaptable?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm very adaptable with living situations and communication style. I do have some emotional and social rigidity and cannot stand emotionally negative environments.

I'm flexible in being able to live with a wide range of living habits in others - messy to neat freak, and can adapt to different diets and general ways of living. When living with someone else I tend to change and adapt more than half-way because I can. Most people seem unimaginably rigid to me that they have to have all their details just so. I exert a lot of energy trying to please people I live with the right brand of bread because I often don't care about the difference.

At the time I'm writing this I'm feeling convinced I'm ISFP although atypical with a string Fi-Ni loop and equal function pairs. I think I was INTJ child but the pairs inverted and now I'm not.

gromit

likes this
I'm adaptable... to a point. Put me in an environment that I'm poorly suited for though, like too rigid or negative, and I'll eventually either rebel or check out or peace out.

Mole

Permabanned
Homo sapiens have mirror neurons so we are able to mirror the neurons and the thinking of other homo sapiens. In other words we can know what each other is thinking. Our minds are joined into one. This makes us like one very large animal. And it is this very large animal that is adaptive.

Naturally if we live in a society of extreme individualism, riven by narcissism, we will answer the question in terms of the individual, where the answer lies elsewhere in the group and in society.

And yes, we are most adaptable of all animals because we can share our minds.