User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

That mustache is symbolic of which deeper feeling?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    That mustache is symbolic of which deeper feeling?
    I dunno...crud?
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    I dunno...crud?
    WRONG! The correct answer is "Canadians". We would have accepted "plasma", "diffidence" and "rama-lama-ding-dong".

Here. Your parting gift of 'stache wax and a book about grooming.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    Well my killer stache would beg to differ.
    Glued on facial hair doesn't count. And I've disqualified all other mustaches of that ilk, real or not, because they make me queasy.

WRONG! The correct answer is "Canadians". We would have accepted "plasma", "diffidence" and "rama-lama-ding-dong".

I was thinking a well aimed dart shot into his fanny, followed by the liberal application of a shaver to his nasty upper lip.

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride... meh.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    I was thinking a well aimed dart shot into his fanny, followed by the liberal application of a shaver to his nasty upper lip.
    You'll never make it past the penflares.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I'm wondering under what circumstances do ISTPs let a person "in," and share their feelings? Question for the ISTPs and those who have experience with this lovely type
    When theyre drunk
    bruised and battered ENTJ sx/sp/so 8w9
    Tri-fix: 8w9 sx/sp - 3w4 sp/sx - 5w6 soc/sx
    http://leonardolestat.mypersonality.info

(I'm secretly ENxP, but don't tell anyone)

"Mother, I love you, I never meant to hit you over the head with that shovel."

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardoLestat View Post
    When theyre drunk
    Hahaha... that's definitely more true rather than not. BUT... when I -do- start drinking truth juice I tend to throw in a lot of sneaky lies to throw people off. But I don't have a problem admitting it later. I really can't help it... so all I can do is laugh about it later (it is kinda funny, no? Okay maybe only an ISTP would find that funny...).

I think as a woman, I feel it's more obligated of me to open up... but it by no means comes naturally. I suppose I'll open up to my ENFP sister a lot... but that's also just because she's my sister, I think. That has not been the case for other ENFP's I've met. I also connected with an ESTJ really quickly once, and found it easier and easier to be more open with him

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I wish I knew a female ISTP, IRL. I've never met one, to my knowledge. Just guys. Do you think as a female you're expected to act softer or "F" in your day to day relationships?

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    Hahaha... that's definitely more true rather than not. BUT... when I -do- start drinking truth juice I tend to throw in a lot of sneaky lies to throw people off. But I don't have a problem admitting it later. I really can't help it... so all I can do is laugh about it later (it is kinda funny, no? Okay maybe only an ISTP would find that funny...).

I think as a woman, I feel it's more obligated of me to open up... but it by no means comes naturally. I suppose I'll open up to my ENFP sister a lot... but that's also just because she's my sister, I think. That has not been the case for other ENFP's I've met. I also connected with an ESTJ really quickly once, and found it easier and easier to be more open with him
    We ain't got to do nothin but die!

I don't know what it is exactly but I find that certain Fs are very easy to open up to. I'm drawn to people who are in touch with their feelings and share them uninhibitedly. It makes me feel "safe" and less vulnerable to reciprocate. Although I don't like it when people share their feelings then expect me to immediately reciprocate. It takes me awhile to really understand how I actually feel about something or someone. I like it better when you do most of the sharing and allow me to listen and think.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I wish I knew a female ISTP, IRL. I've never met one, to my knowledge. Just guys. Do you think as a female you're expected to act softer or "F" in your day to day relationships?
    It used to be really hard for me to think about what the consequences of my actions were on other's feelings. Although I think a lot of SPs can struggle with this, simply because they like to live in the moment and jump into things on a whim, I think this was especially hard for me as an ISTP... My introverted thinking didn't really take the feelings of others into account, and I'd use logic to rationalize why a person shouldn't feel a certain way (I'd even do it to myself!).

But honestly, the older I get, and the more I find a balance among all the different function types, I -have- gotten softer or "F" in my day to day relationships. I think the biggest influence is my VERY Feeler sister (An ENFP), so I can't say this may be true for all ISTP women. She has a knack for figuring out the best way to communicate something to different types of people, and she began to point out the things I did that came off as sensitive and unfeeling. In this way, she slowly taught me how to recognize these things on my own. I don't -want- to hurt people, I'm just sometimes oblivious. And yeah, other times I'm oblivious on purpose just because it's convenient. But after a few hard-learned lessons, I do that less and less.

Another influence was dating an INTP for 3 years.... "Sensitive" is the last thing I'd describe him as. :P So when -he- was being insensitive, it helped me realize how it felt for people -I- was being insensitive to.

Anyways, it's safe to say that an ISTP -can- become more sensitive. Especially if they have a particularly influential "F" in their life and/or they become close to someone even -more- insensitive. I'm sure that in this particular area, it's very different for ISTP men and women, but I'm still convinced that ISTP men can learn too. We just have to use our power of observation to start recognizing the triggers that make us insensitive from the reactions in other people!