First 89101112 Last

Senior Member Valhallahereicome's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w7
    Socionics
    ENTP

I'm pretty sure that my ex-boyfriend is an ISTP. When would he open up and share his feelings? Umm, never. Ever.

There were two or three conversations over the course of our relationship where he did share something. It tended to be something that he had felt weeks or months ago, and he hadn't wanted to bring it up until now - perhaps because the feeling was over.

If anything ever bothered him, he absolutely refused to talk about it. If I asked, he would deny being bothered or tell me it had nothing to do with me, even when I was pretty sure it had. Then, he would say something about needing to go check on his boat or take care of some errand and disappear. I wouldn't see him until that night. When he came back, he would act as though nothing had happened.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I was digging thru a pile of old passed notes spanning many years. I found several from my ISTP ex-bff. One said "I'm writing to you and you aren't even here. Love you, Shorty...PS Holy **** - a radiator for a semi costs $5K..."

haha!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

8:35pm

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    8:35pm
    *pushes you down in the sandbox* *sits on your chest* *eats your lunch*

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Valhallahereicome View Post
    There were two or three conversations over the course of our relationship where he did share something. It tended to be something that he had felt weeks or months ago, and he hadn't wanted to bring it up until now - perhaps because the feeling was over.
    Ti softens Fe emotions because we come to a much better understanding and end up seeing both sides. Its not that the feeling was over, we just finally understood it. ISTPs do everything in the background and when it finally comes out we have a really good understanding of what happened on both sides and can discuss it. Ti forces us to have an understanding of the entire situation. How can you understand something if you can only see one side? Without that understanding things come out that are just pure emotion and at that point you will say extremely hurtful things because you havnt figured out what the real problem was, just the surface problem. When we yell and fight it is focused on the problem at hand, not the root cause, eventually it may get back to the root cause. This is why we need time to calm down when we get mad because at that point you are not focused on the root cause. It takes alot to get me frustrated or angry because I first try to figure out the root cause. The best way to make me mad is to keep yelling at me about the current situation like it is gonna resolve anything. I heard you, either say whats really bothering you or move on. It drives me nuts when people stew over it because everything after that point just builds on each other and you end up getting mad for pointless crap and before you know it the world is about to explode because of something stupid. Sorry, it may be a never ending cycle of sad, I am just used to dealing with other people getting angry at this point. The way I see it is when we are sad we are trying to deal with it, when we get angry we are trying to push it off onto others. I need to understand the real problem and at that point I may become emotional.

Yes there is emotion behind that, but it gets to the root cause.

edit: the above will push me to the point of anger and I will follow the same pattern I described above that I hate so I try to avoid making people angry.

MBTI
    IsTP

I tend to share my deepest emotions through song. (I just noticed today)
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    I tend to share my deepest emotions through song. (I just noticed today)
    I do too, my wife hasnt caught on. If she was Ne she would have caught on for sure.

MBTI
    STP

[YOUTUBE="L40e__kgJIQ"]Feels so right[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    XXFP

Reaction to that song: --- ---

kidding.

When I share my emotions

The following is more related to getting advice about emotional issues from someone else than to times I just share my emotions to compliment. Some overlaps.

Conditions usually look like this:
    - Emotions I'm feeling right now or I felt in the past are somehow relevant.
    - I don't feel like I have to share emotions for someone else. In other words, if I get the feeling someone is dependent on me to "open up" so they can feel like they've done something, I won't.
    - I have the impression that the other person WON'T just respond in a way to make me feel good if I need advice. That gets me nowhere. That gets me nowhere. That gets me nowhere. If you're playing at home, where does feel good fluff get me when I need advice?*
    - I have an idea of your behavior and know where you're coming from.

Note:
    When condition 2 is broken, normally condition 3 is as well. They seem to go hand in hand with certain people.

These conditions don't come together that often, but I normally don't need advice about my emotions all that often either.

*Hint: You won't find it on a map.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Reaction to that song: --- ---

kidding.

When I share my emotions

The following is more related to getting advice about emotional issues from someone else than to times I just share my emotions to compliment. Some overlaps.

Conditions usually look like this:
    - Emotions I'm feeling right now or I felt in the past are somehow relevant.
    - I don't feel like I have to share emotions for someone else. In other words, if I get the feeling someone is dependent on me to "open up" so they can feel like they've done something, I won't.
    - I have the impression that the other person WON'T just respond in a way to make me feel good if I need advice. That gets me nowhere. That gets me nowhere. That gets me nowhere. If you're playing at home, where does feel good fluff get me when I need advice?*
    - I have an idea of your behavior and know where you're coming from.

Note:
    When condition 2 is broken, normally condition 3 is as well. They seem to go hand in hand with certain people.

These conditions don't come together that often, but I normally don't need advice about my emotions all that often either.

*Hint: You won't find it on a map.
    I RELATE N' STUFF.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin