User Tag List

123 Last

Dali

Default How do you react when someone pisses you off?

It takes A LOT to get me angry but when that does happen, I stew & stew & stew on the inside and completely detach from that person. If the person is civil, I can quite quickly get over what made me angry and get back to being friends with them BUT if someone mocked an aspect of my personality either expressly or in an implied manner (and it's not done in jest), then I NEVER forgive them. EVER. I might get back to being civil but not close/friendly.

How do you other SPs express your anger?

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm not an SP but that's how I react...
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Heh. Well, I'm a bit of a hothead, but I've now been on medication for blood pressure and heart rate for a while so I'm calmer than I used to be when I'm pissed off. I still can feel the inner Hulk rising within me, though. My face turns red easily and I scowl and my brain starts cursing and thinking really mean things, but I usually don't let most of that come out, I will often take it out on inanimate objects like if I'm in the office, I have thrown things like sticky note pads and papers and stuff. When I'm driving, I pretty much just call the bad drivers names in my head.

I tend to forgive most people really quickly, actually. I often make excuses for people's behavior, or I find reasons why I should be more upset at myself than somebody else. The only people that it takes me a long time to forgive are those that truly hurt me very deeply like my ex-wife. It took me several years to forgive her but I finally did a few years ago, and it was good to have that burden off me.

In general, I don't usually stay pissed off very long. It comes in short bursts that are quickly gone and I can be laughing and smiling a few minutes after somebody made me really mad. I tend to stay mad at myself much longer than other people.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

I never lose my temper. I tend to confront people who are close to me directly (like friends and family), and with people I don't know as well, I'll usually get back to them later once I've had a chance to think things through a bit, at which point I might call them or email, etc. So I tend to very directly and logically tell people what it is they are doing that doesn't sit well with me.

But I'm also quite quick to forgive and forget so often I don't get around to sending that email or writing that letter of complaint. Usually once I've had a chance to think about it I run it through my filter of "how important is this in the scheme of life?" If it's not, I tend to just let it roll off my back.

MBTI
    INXP

I talk to them immediately: logically and calmly.

I also flood them with pretentious theory and complex vocab.

I usually 'win'.

If I'm dealing with immaturity (children, adults who think like children), I will be very calm and stern, or just unflinchingly stare into their eyes (with feeling) until they breakdown/start to cry. There's something about breaking convention that gets through to people deeper than social cues.

After that, things always seem more harmonious for everyone, and I can build them back up as a friend.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

i'm ENTP too, but since another one posted saying something different, then i figured i'd speak up and say how:

it takes a lot to truly piss me off too (most of the time, it's over a perceived injustice-either against me or someone truly defenseless-this can come in a variety of forms), so it usually only happens if i feel totally in the right.

i tell them exactly why i'm pissed and if pissed enough, i'll do it in a very belittling, usually loud (for maximum humiliation) fashion, thus forcing them to either back the hell off or continue the fight. if they choose the latter, then being that i'm confident i was right to be pissed (since, again, it takes a LOT), then it's "go time". at that point, i figure they deserve whatever they get as they chose continue it, and i finish it via whatever means they choose to take it.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I arm Digest with a hammer and fling her toward my enemies. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout, haters!!!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    it takes a lot to truly piss me off too (most of the time, it's over a perceived injustice-either against me or someone truly defenseless-this can come in a variety of forms), so it usually only happens if i feel totally in the right.
    *resists the obvious challenge*
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

i act like nothing happened
    silently rationalizing my emotion

but i have yet to meet someone that

1. pisses me off
    2. that i would respect enough to tell them anything
    I N V I C T U S

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I arm Digest with a hammer and fling her toward my enemies. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout, haters!!!
    heh. i said 'someone truly defenseless', and i don't get that vibe from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    *resists the obvious challenge*
    i honestly can't imagine you pissing me off. it'd have to be something very extreme, since from what i know of you, you seem pretty cool.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery