• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] How do you react when someone pisses you off?

Tropics

MBTI Type
INFP
I never lose my temper. I tend to confront people who are close to me directly (like friends and family), and with people I don't know as well, I'll usually get back to them later once I've had a chance to think things through a bit, at which point I might call them or email, etc. So I tend to very directly and logically tell people what it is they are doing that doesn't sit well with me.

But I'm also quite quick to forgive and forget so often I don't get around to sending that email or writing that letter of complaint. Usually once I've had a chance to think about it I run it through my filter of "how important is this in the scheme of life?" If it's not, I tend to just let it roll off my back.

Damn I wish I could do that! That's got to be some kind of gift!

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It takes some time or skill to piss me off to the point where I become a raving psychotic. But yeah, I have it in me. It usually takes violence to piss me off seriously, or maybe deliberately destroying some important possession of mine. Anyway, when the damage is done they usually run for their lives because my eyes turn black, my face red and veins start bulging in my forehead. If they don't, I usually aim for the throat, balls or eyes.

And yes, when it has gone that far, i'm not much of a talker.

If someone irritates me to the point that I want to lose them, I do the same thing, but verbally. I've got a big talent in the area of not being civil, and I bet I could make the vast majority in here cry if I wanted to. Yep, EVIL ENTJ's :D Know you're thinking it :D

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Oh. I probably should have added to my original post...if someone manages to successfully piss me off, and I can't find a way to remove myself from the situation....watch out. That's only happened once in the last 5 years...it was with someone who'd constantly bothered/made fun of me for as long as I can remember. He was dumb enough to throw the first punch, and after giving him a chance to go away, he decided to continue fighting. As a result, he got a deflated ego, along with a broken arm and some other ailments for his efforts. (Attacking someone stronger and larger than you, because you think they won't fight back is not the most intelligent solution...)

My picture is a good representation of me. Calm and collected under almost all conditions. But push it too far, without being careful, and you'll find yourself in an avalanche of hurt. (verbal or physical.) :D

wolfy

awsm
It takes A LOT to get me angry but when that does happen, I stew & stew & stew on the inside and completely detach from that person. If the person is civil, I can quite quickly get over what made me angry and get back to being friends with them BUT if someone mocked an aspect of my personality either expressly or in an implied manner (and it's not done in jest), then I NEVER forgive them. EVER. I might get back to being civil but not close/friendly.

How do you other SPs express your anger?

I respond like this too. Exactly like that. Sometimes plan revenge but almost never bother. They can choke on their own bad karma.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
i dont get angry very often, i dont even remember the last time. usually i just go off by myself to cool off.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I use chainsaws.. >.> ..

Nah, usually if it's nothing I can control I yell what I WOULD have said to objects when I'm by myself.

Sometimes though I just get a hair up my ass and blow up and say every little thing that ever pissed me off about that person.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
It takes A LOT to get me angry but when that does happen, I stew & stew & stew on the inside and completely detach from that person. If the person is civil, I can quite quickly get over what made me angry and get back to being friends with them BUT if someone mocked an aspect of my personality either expressly or in an implied manner (and it's not done in jest), then I NEVER forgive them. EVER. I might get back to being civil but not close/friendly.

How do you other SPs express your anger?

Wow, I totally relate to that! I can be very easy going and forgiving if someone makes a mistake that ends up costing me time or money. I don't even tend to hold a grudge against thoughless people who say things they don't even realize at the time are insulting. It's when someone insults my personality or my personal choices in such a way that it feels like they've devalued me as a person, then I can't get over it. I can be civil to them, but friendship is out of the question. I express my anger by walling myself off from them, and being freezing cold to them whenever they try to be friendly.

If I'm angry at a family member, that's completely different -- when my sister and I were growing up, I tended to get all hysterical (screaming, crying, slamming doors), but there was this huge bond between us that we knew existed, and that we respected even when we couldn't stand being around each other.

Sarah
ISFP

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
It actually doesn't take alot to piss me off these days, just stepping on my foot at a gig without apologising for it can make me see red, in fact I think I spend far too much of my time trying to control my ever present rage and not get into fights.

I don't go around throwing punches but if they aren't intimidated by my height, my demeanour or crying because of the things I am saying to them and actually try to hit me, then I go nuts and usually get dragged off the person I've pounded to the floor. :blush:

Having a bad temper sucks.

On the other hand it takes alot for someone I know and care about to piss me off enough to say or do anything to them, it's just strangers outside who feel my wrath.

Personal affirmation (as prescribed by the doc) *I'm a nice person, really I am*

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I get annoyed fairly easily, but usually keep it to myself if I feel unjustified in being annoyed (ex I'm just in a grumpy mood or I realize that my expectations are unrealistic), or else calmly express my dislike with the other person's actions if I feel it'd be productive (ie, to stop it happening again).

I very rarely get to the point of being angry. It's almost always in response to other people getting angry at me, if I feel their over-emotional response is unjustified. I can only think of one occasion when I was angry at someone's action, and that was because he was angry...it takes a lot to anger me with behavior, and normally I would just write off/avoid people who do that anyway. It's only when it's friends that it becomes a problem.

It takes A LOT to get me angry but when that does happen, I stew & stew & stew on the inside and completely detach from that person. If the person is civil, I can quite quickly get over what made me angry and get back to being friends with them
This describes me in most cases, though a few times I've been so angry (and felt justified) that it took a long time (and an apology) before I stop being angry. Although, in many cases, I'm angry because the person was not civil, and that rarely changes.

It's very difficult to piss me off, I have an extremely high tolerance of behavior, but if someone does, I'll generally just confront them and try to get them to change it. If that doesn't work, I'll just stay away from them. Not worth my time and effort to do more than that.
+1. I have the most problems when it's with someone I can't avoid (roommate, family) or someone I don't want to avoid (close friend).

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I don't really act out when I'm angry, it's more what happens on the inside. It feels like every other piece of repressed anger is loosened and wants to come to the surface.

MuraKoji

MBTI Type
LOCK
Enneagram
8w7
Guys, maybe I'm the rare one here, I have a very bad temper and low emotional stability!

Because I'm hot-headed and quick to anger, I may react emotionally when someone piss me off. It depends, if in Real World I tend to be more expressive when it's come to emotion because my motto is, "Do immediately what you want to do,". Expressive means I may scream at them and angry back to them, or react with all my sensitivity like crying in public.

If someone in internet piss me off and they're of course not in the same place as me, I tend to keep those to myself or pray in the bathroom. Or maybe, I listen to some musics to lighten my problems.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
It depends on who and to what extent. I can get bursts of temporery anger(at the outmost) towards family and close/good friends when provoked, but im naturally forgiving with them, not desiring to harbor any ill-feelings. On the other hand a person of aquintance or a not so close friend , i tend to be harsher, it always ends up with me iqnoring them or avoiding them completely.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Guys, maybe I'm the rare one here, I have a very bad temper and low emotional stability!

Maybe it's because this is the "SP Arthouse", and you aren't an SP.... :D. (You're welcome to post here though..)

Also, @Introverted-esfp, KMFDM is awesome, and Hau Ruck is a great album IMO.

lane777

nevermore
I talk to them immediately: logically and calmly.

I also flood them with pretentious theory and complex vocab.

I usually 'win'.

If I'm dealing with immaturity (children, adults who think like children), I will be very calm and stern, or just unflinchingly stare into their eyes (with feeling) until they breakdown/start to cry. There's something about breaking convention that gets through to people deeper than social cues.

After that, things always seem more harmonious for everyone, and I can build them back up as a friend.

lol brilliant

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
well, since runvardh feels welcome to post in the NT threads, I'll make myself at home posting here :D (yeah... it's not nice to discriminate against different types!)

The warning of "you've minorly annoyed me" is receiving the "I will cut you" look... and maybe a snarky comment or two.

It actually takes quite a bit to make me genuinely angry though, mostly because I'm lazy and don't care to invest the energy in anger unless the person is without a doubt deserving. Then I find something they value and destroy it... this gives me endless satisfaction! :) (like selling thier camera to a pawn shop, or proving to them that thier SO loves someone else :devil:)

I usually wait for a couple of weeks for revenge though, so that it's even harder to trace back to me :rolleyes:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
well, since runvardh feels welcome to post in the NT threads, I'll make myself at home posting here :D

Hey, I'm not comfortable being someone else's justification to cross a pre-concieved line in their own mind! ENTPs...

:D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:rofl1: should have known you'd do a search for your name or something of the sort.... ;)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nope, serendipidy brought me here. Sorry *shrug*

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
well, next time she comes around I hope she brings me that espresso I ordered... she's sure taking her time :steam:

DirtyHarry25

MBTI Type
ESTP
If I'm stressed or in a pissed off mood, then I'll go for a jog or something like that. Usually anything physical works for me and puts me in a better mood. It also helps me rationalize the situation to see how mad I should be. But if something really pisses me off, then I do two things: 1) I walk away. 2). I tear the person apart with words. I don't have to say much to make them feel like shit