User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    IXTX

Default Are SPs more prone towards the arts?

Are a majority of SPs prone to the arts, or does it not matter what you are?

I'm a Musician and I love performing and composing. I also teach Music etc.
    I'm a Musician and a Teacher. Feel free to talk to me about anything =P

My motto: It's never too late

I identify with ISTP, INTP, INTJ......the % are so balanced I can't decide.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

It doesn't matter of course, all types have the capability to do anything--but overall SP's are known to be drawn to the arts, at least by Keirsey's account. It's the Extraverted Sensing (Se) that usually accounts for this, as it gives the type an acute awareness and ability to work well with their immediate environment.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    INTP

I've always been drawn to the arts, myself. I play guitar, design websites, dance, and occasionally draw. In high school, when I had more time, I was into theater, dance, woodcarving, painting, bead work, and A-V stuff. My friend and I would also write stories together.

Curiously, though, a lot of the SPs here report that they don't care for poetry.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    I also teach Music etc.
    I really enjoy teaching. It's a skill that I've honed over the years. It's also a performance. You can prepare for a lecture, but when you actually get in front of the chalk board, there is always an element of improvisation involved. It also feels good to share my knowledge with people, just as long as I am humble enough to say "I don't know."

I'm really excited to see more ISTPs on this forum. You sound like an interesting person.

What is your favorite instrument?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I draw/paint/etc but not much recently. I've also been involved in music (choir) but I don't like being the centre of attention so I haven't done that recently either. booo. I like crafts too but I get bored with that pretty quickly.

My ISFP bf and ESFP friend are both pretty involved in their band, and are also both going to college for artistic things (website design and related things).

My ISTP roommate plays the guitar and has an insane collection of music.

So yeah they are, in my (fairly limited) experience. but I know a lot of other types who are into the arts as well.

I'm an interior designer and I also stage homes for realtors. When I had more free time I was also into landscaping, refinishing furniture, floral design, and a little sewing. But I have no real skill in terms of the traditional fine arts like drawing or painting - I do all that on the computer or with drafting equipment.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    Curiously, though, a lot of the SPs here report that they don't care for poetry.
    I wrote a ton of poetry when i was a teenager/early 20's, then just pretty much quit. I write something every once in awhile now, but not hardcore like I did then.

As far as reading poetry, I've never been that into it, but I love music with lyrics, so if you count that, then I'm into it, just not really what tends to be published as "poetry."
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    IXTX

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    I really enjoy teaching. It's a skill that I've honed over the years. It's also a performance. You can prepare for a lecture, but when you actually get in front of the chalk board, there is always an element of improvisation involved. It also feels good to share my knowledge with people, just as long as I am humble enough to say "I don't know."

I'm really excited to see more ISTPs on this forum. You sound like an interesting person.

What is your favorite instrument?
    Well my main instrument is Sax, I play mostly Jazz though I do play a lot of Funk/Rock. I really agree with you about the whole teaching deal.

Sorry If my answers aren't thorough I just got back from a Rehearsal and a Jam Session so I'm kinda tired probably gonna hit the sack soon =P
    I'm a Musician and a Teacher. Feel free to talk to me about anything =P

My motto: It's never too late

I identify with ISTP, INTP, INTJ......the % are so balanced I can't decide.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

SPs are prone to virtuosity more than anyone else. They're more content to practice constantly.

MBTI
    ENTP

I agree with JackFlak... they've got a better ability to focus on practice and the grueling work it takes to get really good at something...

But on the other hand, as an NT, my affinity for art is extremely strong and I know tons of non-SP's who'd shrivel up and die without art... so I don't think SP's are necessarily more prone towards art, but rather more likely to succeed based on native personality traits.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.