User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    Are a majority of SPs prone to the arts, or does it not matter what you are?

I'm a Musician and I love performing and composing. I also teach Music etc.

I don't know about the majority of SPs, but I'm an ISFP and I have always loved art. I majored in fine art in college, and I have a job which involves planning, promoting and presenting art programs for kids in a library.

When I was younger, I was a "typical" ISFP in that I gravitated to the fine arts when I was in school.

Sarah

MBTI
    I?TP

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    I have a job which involves planning, promoting and presenting art programs for kids in a library.
    Sounds like a spectacular job.

As a kid and for quite some time into adulthood, I didn't think of myself as the artist/artisan of the family. My father was "the carpenter." My sister was "the artist." One brother was "the mechanic." Another brother was "the musician." I merely "dabbled" and "had fun." I'd watch my sister obsess and sweat over details in her drawings and think to myself, "It looks like she's torturing herself. Must be what it is to be an artist. Not for me." I'd shake my head then go off to ride my bike, always trying to go faster and jump higher. I'd go make animals and little elves out of mud then houses for them out of bark and leaves. I'd run around the yard, banging on my "drums" (tree stumps, pipes, buckets) with sticks.

Now, I enjoy playing music: drums, piano (by ear and when I write music; I have a hard time reading music), and I'm learning to play a didgeridoo I made.
    I consider physical activity to be an artform because I can work to perfect skills and the beauty of the movement itself. The activities I enjoy include: yoga, tai chi, dance of all forms, dirt-biking, mountain biking, and golf.
    Visual arts: I am primarily a sculptor but also enjoy painting; also, I'm into digital art and photography.
    Although I haven't done a lot of it yet, I love building things.
    Crafts I enjoy: leather tooling, nature art (like Andy Goldsworthy), 3D beadwork, jewelry making (just starting), etc.
    I am also a writer. I want to try interior design, being an architectural designer, carpentry, and clock-making.

I run the risk of making hubby sick of my favorite shows: "Look What I Did!," "Design on a Dime," and "Color Splash" on HGTV as well as the "Woodwright's Shop." Woe to him if we ever get the DIY channel.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    Are a majority of SPs prone to the arts, or does it not matter what you are?

I'm a Musician and I love performing and composing. I also teach Music etc.
    I've read that SPs are supposedly the artisans, but I don't really see that in my own experience.
    I think an N is a lot more likely to be an artist, but I'm not an expert.
    I guess it depends on the medium being used.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I've read that SPs are supposedly the artisans, but I don't really see that in my own experience.
    I think an N is a lot more likely to be an artist, but I'm not an expert.
    I guess it depends on the medium being used.
    Be careful not to confuse Artisan which again Keirsey meant as any activity in which successive actions are free vaiables rather than fixed constants, with the term art especially fine art. Also as I stated earlier Keirsey says SPs and NTs are both "fitters" with Artisans having a practical and technique orientation and Rationals having a pragmatic and technology orientation. This is why I think that many STPs can easily become confused on whether they're being pragmatic or practical or using technique as opposed to being technology oriented. Pragmatism is related to the past, practical is usually based on the here and now, and technique can be developed in lieu of whether technology is being used.