• Not creative; unimaginative
    • Don't see the 'big picture'
    • Have significantly lower IQs than N-types
    • Incapable of making connections

What are your thoughts?
    Do you have any to add?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

as has been gone over many times on here... someone stating something like that is just revealing their ignorance

fuck 'em

“Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes ESFJ, Cygnus, Bush Did 9/11, Fregoli liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by avaxtskyr View Post
    Regarding the following...

Sensors:

• Not creative; unimaginative
    • Don't see the 'big picture'
    • Have significantly lower IQs than N-types
    • Incapable of making connections

What are your thoughts?
    Do you have any to add?
    Just because sensors are different in some ways from iNtuitive does NOT mean they are inferior.

Also, some of these things you said are just false. Not all N's are creative and not all S's suck at creativity.

I would like to see a dialogue with some real meat to it and not just stereotypes.

Sensors are good at living in the moment and (usually) INtuitives are not. How can N's learn this from them?
    "ENFJ- The Diplomat Champion (will take on crusades and WILL kill every last mfr in the room!)" ~Xander

Enneagram: You are a Type 2 with a 3 wing: "The Helper Advocate"

Your trifix is 2w3, 6w5, 1w9.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by BluRoses View Post
    Just because sensors are different in some ways from iNtuitive does NOT mean they are inferior.

Also, some of these things you said are just false. Not all N's are creative and not all S's suck at creativity.

I would like to see a dialogue with some real meat to it and not just stereotypes.

Sensors are good at living in the moment and (usually) INtuitives are not. How can N's learn this from them?
    every time a nice sensor tries to go over a few ways to be more aware of one's environment and in tune with one's surroundings some N who thinks that claiming to be 100% N and 0% S is both realistic and makes them special will chime in and say "I can't!"

I can see the big picture just fine... and you can see your surroundings quite well as well (you meaning any N, not just you)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISFP
    Socionics
    IEI

whatever, I imagine you've seen this topic so much that it's just to the point where a simple 'fuck it' summarizes the absurdity of these
    common misconceptions...

Why are they perpetuated?
    What are the sources of this nonsense?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Socionics
    IEI

"Suck at creativity"

*yawns*

Not impressed.

NEXT?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by avaxtskyr View Post
    whatever, I imagine you've seen this topic so much that it's just to the point where a simple 'fuck it' summarizes the absurdity of these
    common misconceptions...

Why are they perpetuated?
    What are the sources of this nonsense?
    as one of the originators of complaints about those stereotypes on this board (is an original sensor as cool as an OG? ) I've seen it a few times

mostly it seems to be because someone feels disenfranchised in real life and put upon because they are "different" so they decide to hate whatever represents the enemy... often they'll take some online test with something like 20 questions, they'll conclude that they're an Intuitive (and most material online will tell them then that they are rare) and they'll decide that everyone who stands against them is a Sensor... most of these people are young whippersnappers and don't know all about the wonders of the world and it's many, many, many people yet

for a fun point on online tests, I test as an intuitive but don't identify as one... I'm a woman of action
    Likes BluRoses liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    every time a nice sensor tries to go over a few ways to be more aware of one's environment and in tune with one's surroundings some N who thinks that claiming to be 100% N and 0% S is both realistic and makes them special will chime in and say "I can't!"

I can see the big picture just fine... and you can see your surroundings quite well as well (you meaning any N, not just you)
    I am still fairly new here and would like to hear sensor's point of view. I'm still trying to figure out why I feel like there is a mental wall there when I talk deeply with a sensor.

One of my close friends is a XSTJ, and she is a smart and lovely person. I feel bad for her at times because our group has so many N's and the guys like to tease her. She doesn't always get their dry humor.
    "ENFJ- The Diplomat Champion (will take on crusades and WILL kill every last mfr in the room!)" ~Xander

Enneagram: You are a Type 2 with a 3 wing: "The Helper Advocate"

Your trifix is 2w3, 6w5, 1w9.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Socionics
    IEI

*yawns again*

Anybody have any feedback that is a bit more objective?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by BluRoses View Post
    I am still fairly new here and would like to hear sensor's point of view. I'm still trying to figure out why I feel like there is a mental wall there when I talk deeply with a sensor.

One of my close friends is a XSTJ, and she is a smart and lovely person. I feel bad for her at times because our group has so many N's and the guys like to tease her. She doesn't always get their dry humor.
    that's an individual thing, not a sensor thing... my household's sense of humor is generally drier than the Atacama and we're both sensors (and my MOM gets all sarcastic with me even... no sympathy from her )

I always advocate talking to a sensor just like you'd talk to anyone else... same rules apply

biggest difference I've experienced is that I'm really quite good at streaming and analyzing my environment simultaneously so that I know what's going on without having to actively figure it out most of the time... but then again, there are a lot of sensors who can't do that either... that's something I picked up