User Tag List

First 789

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Objective? All right, it may be harsh then.ㅋㅋㅋ Intuitives are on the average consifered smarter because they make up 25 percent of the population, and most politicians and famous scientists like einstein are all Ns! So now you can see why Ns are supposingly smarter, of course there are smart Ss too but fewer. As for connections, because Ns see the big picture they find discrepancies and connections easier, if u search on google intp memes, or nt memes, u will see them pictured as an explosive mind or complex mind.

Quote Originally Posted by YuenTaengu View Post
    Intuitives are on the average consifered smarter because they make up 25 percent of the population
    Don't forget to include the small percentage of the population born with green eyes. On average, smarter than the brown-eyed population. (Especially when eating oatmeal in the morning.)
    Likes N/A, themightyfetus, iHeartCats, Zay liked this post

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

I mean...I just don't believe in "smarter" and "dumber" types. It breaks my heart to see all these negative stereotypes. My ESFJ mom is one of the most intelligent and inventive people I know. She graduated with honors as a math major. I love her to death, and ultimately I see her as a wonderful person, not a type.

Type theory is not an end. It's not a ceiling that you hit in terms of self-discovery. It's not, "I'm an INFP, that's it, that's all there is to me." The whole point of typology is the starting point. It's a trampoline that can bounce you into a world of even more trampolines. And more. And more. There's no limit to us as humans. The deeper we probe, the more we discover.

And though I strongly disagree with these smart/dumb stereotypes, I have to say--why does it really matter? Let's use type to better understand ourselves, better understand others, and have fun exploring the theory and acquiring awesome knowledge. Please, let's work to stop these hurtful assumptions/biases/generalizations.
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1
    Likes Chanaynay, yama, N/A, asynartetic liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    no
    Socionics
    SEE Se

I got so bored of the "stupid S" stereotype that I'd rather pretend to be le retard than try to explain to some people that not all sensors are stupid

When someone tells me that I seem too intelligent for a sensor, I feel like replying with a simple "fuck you".

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by avaxtskyr View Post
    whatever, I imagine you've seen this topic so much that it's just to the point where a simple 'fuck it' summarizes the absurdity of these
    common misconceptions...

Why are they perpetuated?
    What are the sources of this nonsense?
    Why is any form of prejudice perpetuated? Usually because it makes the holder feel better about themselves by pounding someone else into the ground.

I think Myers of MBTI fame had an inadvertent hand in creating them. Her MBTI insists on describing everyone in the best possible light. Reading some of the descriptions, you'd wonder where all the bitches and bastards are supposed to fit into cosy little world. The people reading them know full well that the world contains a significant number of assholes, so they use their half formed understanding of a half baked theory to try and fill in the gaps... and you've seen the results for yourself.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

Default the 'S'tupid stereotype

Every single type is equally as intelligent and useful as all the others. This just depends on what their intelligence is categorized and measured by. For instance, an INTP may not have adequate social skills (which can be categorized as one form of intelligence), however, they may be an undoubtably genius when it comes to math ( which could also be another form of intelligence), while the ESFP may be a social butterfly but is terrible at math (and I'm just creating a scenario, I don't mean to stereotype either of these)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

There's stereotypes for almost anything these days. It's the people who buy into them regardless of type that might be not using their brain quite as much as they could be.

Also...

Quote Originally Posted by YuenTaengu View Post
    Objective? All right, it may be harsh then.ㅋㅋㅋ Intuitives are on the average consifered smarter because they make up 25 percent of the population, and most politicians and famous scientists like einstein are all Ns! So now you can see why Ns are supposingly smarter, of course there are smart Ss too but fewer. As for connections, because Ns see the big picture they find discrepancies and connections easier, if u search on google intp memes, or nt memes, u will see them pictured as an explosive mind or complex mind.
    You're funny. Here's a bell curve of IQ.

IQ Scores and the Bell Curve | Hand In Hand Education

Roughly ~16% of people fall under an 85 IQ. Your argument is funny, but null and void. Percentage =/= intelligence. Thanks for the lulz.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Amethyst; 05-04-2015 at 08:37 PM. Reason: pictures don't work on this site like I thought they would. :(